Zoom Counseling: Receive Telehealth for Your Mental Health By Video
Zoom is a service that enables video and audio conferencing. Zoom Counseling refers to video counseling, an online counseling option, which allows you to work with a mental health professional via video! If you’re looking for online counseling, you can work with a provider in a secure video chatroom on the Zoom platform.
Many people are exploring Zoom Counseling and other online counseling services, as it proves to be the most convenient and comfortable counseling option while also maintaining the value you can find in in-person counseling. Some are intimidated by the technical aspect, but Zoom Counseling actually isn’t technical at all! You only need a basic level of technical skills, those of which enable you to connect to the internet and navigate to a virtual chatroom hosted on Zoom. Here at Thriveworks, we make it easy for you. We’ll be sure to walk you through each simple step.
Zoom Counseling is multibeneficial. In addition to convenience and comfort, you can enjoy greater flexibility. If you’re interested in receiving Zoom Counseling, or video counseling, get started today with a Thriveworks provider.
Zoom Counseling: How Does It Work?
Zoom Counseling is one form of online counseling (or e-counseling) that focuses on connecting you with your mental health provider via video. If you are looking for individual, relationship, or group therapy, Zoom Counseling is an option that is readily available to you here at Thriveworks. Now, there are other forms of online counseling, the next most popular being telephone counseling. This is simply working with your mental health provider via phone call and it, too, is effective.
Counseling via Zoom video offers comfort, convenience, and flexibility. It can ease the client’s mind, as they don’t have to worry about rushing to their appointment or commuting to and from. Instead, you can attend wherever you deem suitable, be it from your couch, your dining room table, your desk, or your bed. As long as you can safely and comfortably work with your counselor via video chat from the given space, you are all set! This is a primary perk that attracts people to Zoom Counseling and other forms of online counseling.
Here at Thriveworks, we have a dedicated team of mental health professionals, from counselors to therapists, psychologists, and life coaches, all of whom are happy to provide you with online counseling services. Reach out today to begin!
How Can Zoom Counseling Help Me?
The key difference between in-person counseling and Zoom counseling (as well as other online counseling options) is that your sessions are held online rather than in-person. Otherwise, there are more similarities than differences. The focus is still to help you overcome challenges you might be facing, such as those rooted in mental health problems, stressors, or other major life issues. Here are a few common challenges that bring people into counseling:
- Symptoms of a mental illness, such as depression, anxiety, or bipolar disorder
- Relationship issues, like jealousy, infidelity, and disagreements in parenting
- Personal problems, such as low self-esteem or feelings of loneliness
- Major life transitions, like a big move or a job change
- Stressors at work, such as poor time management or bullying
There are many other categories we could tack onto the list, but the truth is that the list would never end. The main takeaway is that counseling can help you tackle any challenge that is negatively impacting your mental health and wellbeing—that is, in-person counseling as well as online counseling.
If you’re interested in working with a mental health professional, consider online counseling services like Zoom Counseling. Zoom Counseling allows you to work with a provider conveniently from home via virtual means, while also giving you that face-to-face interaction you would get in an in-person therapy session.
What Are the Perks of Zoom Counseling?
If you’re considering Zoom Counseling, or online counseling in general, there’s probably a good reason for that. Perhaps you don’t want to commit to a commute to and from the therapy office each week. Or, maybe you’d like to ensure that your decision to begin counseling is a private one. Either way, online counseling is a great solution. Here is a more comprehensive list that details the perks of online counseling opportunities like Zoom Counseling:
- It’s a time-saver: As we just mentioned, if you don’t want to commit to a commute to and from your local therapy office, you don’t have to! All thanks to online counseling. This also removes the frustrations of traffic, poor weather, and road work. You don’t have to worry about many of these external factors when you’re working with your counselor from home via Zoom.
- It eliminates fears of social stigma: Zoom Counseling also removes the fear of judgment or social stigma. Some of us prefer to keep our decision to work with a counselor private—and that’s okay. With online counseling, you don’t have to worry about other seeing you or finding out that you’re going to counseling. You can easily keep that decision to yourself, if you wish!
- It improves accessibility: Zoom Counseling, and other forms of online counseling, also improve one’s access to providers. Instead of being limited to those in your immediate area, you get to work with any counselor or therapist who is licensed in your state! This allows you to find the provider with the skills, experience, training, and specialties you’re looking for.
- It’s convenient: As we’ve said many times before, Zoom counseling is the convenient option, too. You don’t have to worry about a commute, which means you also don’t have to rework your current schedule to fit in that commute to and from the office. Truly, you can attend your counseling session from wherever you deem fit, as long as you have access to your device and internet connection.
- It can make opening up easier: You might also discover that it’s easier for you to open up with your counselor in Zoom Counseling versus in in-person counseling. In these instances, you can make progress with your counselor more easily and more quickly, which is an added bonus to this effective treatment method!
- It offers greater flexibility: And to top it all off, Zoom Counseling also offers greater flexibility in scheduling and rescheduling your appointments (if you need to). The online counselors at Thriveworks work flexible hours, in order to best accommodate you. If you need or prefer to attend counseling in the evenings or on the weekends, you have that option with us.
What do you think about these Zoom Counseling perks? If you think that you could benefit from working with a mental health professional in Zoom Counseling, Thriveworks can get you started with this service as soon as today. We have counselors, therapists, psychologists, and life coaches, and other mental health professionals on staff who are helping clients in online counseling. You can take advantage of this opportunity, too.
Is Zoom Counseling Affordable?
We are happy to say that Zoom Counseling is oftentimes very affordable! Fortunately, a growing number of insurances are covering online counseling services, including Zoom Counseling. When your online counseling service is covered, you can expect your out-of-pocket cost to be as low as a normal copay, say at your general doctor’s office or for in-person counseling.
To confirm that your insurance plan does indeed pay for Zoom Counseling, you can call the number found on the back of your insurance card. You can also call us and we can verify that for you! If your insurance does cover Zoom Counseling, we will be happy to get you scheduled right away. If, on the other hand, the services are not covered, don’t worry—Thriveworks has affordable self-pay rates, too!
Schedule Zoom Counseling at Thriveworks
Thriveworks is a trusted brand in many cities and homes across the country. We have 100+ stores in the US and continue to expand every single month. Still, we have high expectations and standards for our team members. We only work with the best of the best mental health professionals: those who impress us with their achievements, their skills, and their experience. Only then do they go on to complete our extensive training process, which further enables them to help you on your mental health journey, in in-person counseling or online counseling.
If you’re interested in Zoom Counseling, or another online counseling opportunity, we hope that you consider working with a counselor at Thriveworks. Remember: You don’t need to possess any serious technical skills. All you need is a computer or smartphone and internet connection to join your Zoom Counseling appointments. Additionally, we would suggest finding a safe and quiet space, so that you can best work with your counselor!
To schedule your Zoom Counseling appointment now, just click here. You can work with any counselor in your state via video or telephone. Kickstart the process by simply locating the Thriveworks office nearest you! Then, view each counselor’s bio to find one that best suits your needs. We all look forward to the opportunity to work with you in Zoom Counseling!