Dallas Counseling—Mental Health Services in Dallas, TX
When you think about your overall well-being, what professionals support your health? Most people will include a primary care physician on their list—someone to see when they are sick or need preventative care.
Many people may include other specialized physicians—an Ob/Gyn, oncologist, or endocrinologist. A nutritionist or an athletic trainer may be a part of many people’s list as they are trying to eat well and grow physically stronger.
What about mental health? A few decades ago, when people thought of their overall well-being, they did not think of their minds as well. Negative stereotypes surrounded mental health care, but these stereotypes are fading. Thankfully, these days, many people are caring for their emotions as an integral part of living a healthy life.
The team of counselors and therapists at Thriveworks Counseling in Dallas, Texas understands how important mental health is. Caring for one’s mind and emotions has the potential to be a life-changing experience. The professionals at Thriveworks in Dallas have seen firsthand how mental health care can bring relief to symptoms, equip people with emotional and relational skills, and focus their attention on what matters most to them.
Guidance for Life’s Challenges—Mental Health Care
Life has challenges and joys; setbacks and opportunities. There are always ups and downs. There is no easy pass for smooth sailing in life, but there is help along the way. Many people are working with a mental health professional as they navigate life’s rollercoaster.
Think about what it would look like to have an experienced guide supporting you in these situations:
- Your dearest friend was lost too soon in an accident. One day, he was right beside you, and the next he was not. You never knew grief could feel like this. Somedays, it is hard to breathe.
- Your job is a great fit. It utilizes your skills. You like your coworkers, and they seem to like you. But a nagging thought keeps popping up—what’s next? Sure, this job works for now, but will it work in a year? Maybe you should advance on this career path or maybe you should make a change.
- After a big move, your teens are having difficulty adjusting to their new school and home. They are usually sweet kids, but since you told them that you were relocating, they have been argumentative and sullen. You have done everything you know to help them adapt, but you are out of ideas.
- You are absolutely in love with your better half. You have been together for several years, and recently, you have both been thinking about what it would look like to get married. You are both excited but have a lot of questions. Tying the knot is a big step.
- You concede that your little habit has become a problem. You started doing it as a stress reliever on occasion, but it grew. It has even taken on a life of its own. You have tried to cut back—you want to cut back. Every time you gain ground, though, you lose it pretty quickly.
Can you resonate with any of these situations? Perhaps you can or perhaps something else is happening in your life. Whatever you may be facing, would you like help and guidance along the way? Many people are answering with a resounding, “yes!” and working with a life coach, counselor, or therapist.
What Does Mental Health Care Look Like?
Trust is of the utmost importance when anyone works with a mental health professional. Therapists, life coaches, and counselors can build trust with their clients by offering personalized and holistic care.
The professionals at Thriveworks in Dallas know that each client is a unique individual with hopes and dreams, challenges and obstacles in their lives. People are not diagnoses. They are not symptoms. They are not psychological, relational, or emotional challenges. Because each person is unique, each client will receive unique treatment.
Mental health professionals often take time at the beginning of the therapeutic relationship to get to know a client well, and then treatment builds from there. Examples of treatment plans include…
- When clients want to gain control over an addiction or compulsive behavior, therapy may build up the individual’s ability to build human attachments.
- When clients have a goal they want to achieve—either personally or professionally—therapy may focus on building positive emotional and relational skills.
- When clients are fighting past trauma or a diagnosis, like Panic disorder, therapy may focus on managing symptoms and healing.
Scheduling Counseling Services at Thriveworks in Dallas
What is happening in your life right now? Would you like some support in the midst of that situation? If you are ready to schedule an appointment with a mental health professional, and you’re looking for help in the Dallas – Fort Worth area, Thriveworks has life coaches, therapists, and counselors who are ready to meet with you.
If you contact our office, know that a person will answer your call and help you schedule an appointment. You may also have your first session within 24 hours. We offer evening and weekend appointments because we know that not everyone can make a session during business hours. Our professionals are also paneled with many insurance companies. That means we accept many different insurance plans.
Your mental health matters. Call Thriveworks in Dallas today.
Our Clients Get More
We call this The Thriveworks Difference
|Thriveworks||Typical Counseling Practice|
|Offices open early and late|
|Same- or next-day appointments|
|Appointments start on time||Unlikely|
|Care at 100+ locations|
|Phone access to your provider between sessions|
|Email access to your provider between sessions|
|Providers that accept major insurance plans|
|Online counseling opportunities||Unlikely|
|Ask-a-coach 24hr Q&A|
|Text support via our Success Navigator|
|Exclusive video content|
|Counselor-moderated community discussion|
|Ultra-flexible 23.5hr cancellations|
|A free e-copy of “Leaving Depression Behind”|