What do your days look like? Are they a blur of responsibilities, demands, and frustrations? Do you wake up exhausted and fall into bed feeling even more so? When you connect with a Thriveworks counselor, therapist, psychologist, psychiatrist, or life coach, you are taking the first step in creating the life that you really want. Whether you are dealing with a serious mental health condition or just need a listening ear, we can connect you with a mental health professional in Tampa, FL that meets your needs.
People have different ideas of what counseling will look like. However, our providers at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry in Tampa, FL will tailor your session to your unique needs, goals, and personality.
How Do I Find the Right Therapist?
To find the right therapist or therapeutic approach at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Tampa, browse our provider profiles, or contact your local office at (813) 547-5120 to discuss your needs and preferences with our helpful support team.
What Are the Types of Therapists You Can See?
In Florida, there are a number of therapist and counselor types available, with licensure types including:
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC): Trained to provide mental health counseling and diagnoses, as needed.
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT): Specialize in marriage and family therapy, addressing conflict within families and couples to help improve relationships, while also providing treatment for other mental health concerns.
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW): Trained in social work and counseling for individuals, families, and groups.
When you connect with a provider at Thriveworks, you’ll be sharing your experience with an industry-leading expert—someone with the experience and professional insight you need to move forward.
Are the Therapists at Thriveworks Licensed and Verified to Provide Therapy?
Yes, all of our therapists, counselors, and psychiatric nurse practitioners are licensed or in the process of receiving their licensure under the supervision of a licensed mental health professional.
Can Counseling or Life Coaching Benefit Me? How?
Sometimes in life or in trying situations, it helps to just have a fresh perspective. Taking the time out of your busy life to analyze your emotions and feelings can help you move forward in a healthy, positive way.
Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Tampa will conduct a thorough assessment of your strengths and weaknesses, as well as make plans for your time together. They will then help you determine your goals and remember your dreams. Your counselor or coach can help you create an action plan, and then they would be honored to walk with you on that journey toward change.
What Are the Benefits of Online Therapy and In-Person Therapy?
The benefits of online therapy include:
- Convenience and accessibility from anywhere
- Reduced travel time and costs
- Comfortable and familiar environment
- A wider selection of therapists to choose from
The benefits of in-person therapy include:
- Face-to-face interaction and non-verbal cues
- No reliance on internet connection or technology
- Privacy and confidentiality in a physical office
Talk Virtually with a Licensed Psychiatrist at Thriveworks
Our completely virtual psychiatry counseling services are helpful for individuals struggling with a wide variety of mental health issues. The unique perspective of a psychiatric provider is incredibly valuable for mood disorders, personality disorders, and other mental health concerns.
Their years of clinical training and experience allow psychiatric providers to view the bigger picture when it comes to diagnosis and treatment. As a medical doctor, a psychiatrist can also prescribe medication if it is needed.
If you’ve been suffering from anxiety, depression, or another mental health issue, speaking with a licensed psychiatric nurse practitioner might be a great first step. If you’re ready to see what psychiatry counseling can do for you, click or call to make an appointment today.
Signs I Should Go to Therapy
Some of the signs you might benefit from therapy or psychiatric services include:
- Persistent feelings of sadness, anxiety, or hopelessness
- Difficulty managing and coping with daily stress
- Strained or troubled relationships with family, friends, or partners
- Overwhelming grief after a significant loss
- Frequent mood swings, anger, or irritability
- Changes in appetite, sleep patterns, or energy levels
- Unresolved trauma or past experiences affecting your well-being
- Struggles with addictive behaviors or substance abuse
- Loss of interest in previously enjoyed activities
- Overwhelming feelings of guilt, shame, or worthlessness
Don’t hesitate to reach out to one of our providers if you’re feeling any of these symptoms.
What Should I Do If a Loved One Needs Help?
If you have a loved one who is in need of mental health services, you can help them by attempting to:
- Communicate openly and non-judgmentally
- Offer support and encourage them to seek professional help
- Research and connect them with appropriate resources
- Be patient and maintain a supportive presence throughout their journey to recovery
Our experienced therapists, counselors, and psychiatric nurse practitioners can assist—don’t hesitate to have the individual you love seek help and support.
How Much Does Therapy Cost?
At Thriveworks, we take most major forms of insurance, which means that many of our clients only pay $0-$50 co-pay per session. However, there are also self-pay options that sit around $200 per session (for both in-person and online sessions), depending on the service and location, for those who are out-of-network.
Schedule with Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Tampa
Scheduling an appointment for counseling, therapy, or life coaching can be nerve-wracking. You probably have some reservations about counseling, such as whether or not it “really works” or if it can really help you.
If you’re ready to take that leap and schedule an appointment with a counselor, therapist, life coach, psychiatrist, or psychologist, call Thriveworks Counseling in Tampa, FL today. We have mental health professionals who truly care and who want to help you live better.
Not to mention our providers have flexible schedules, which enable us to offer flexible sessions in the evenings and on the weekends. We also offer online counseling opportunities. Call us to get started.