Jackie talks to her sister nearly every day. It’s not a matter of dependency—or at least, in her eyes. But lately, Jackie’s been unable to talk with Merci as much as she’d like to. And when they were able to catch up the other day, Merci told Jackie that it was time for them to take a little bit of space—Merci’s kids and husband needed more of her time, and she felt guilty at neglecting them to chat every night. Although Jackie was hurt and a little confused at what her sister told her, she’s taking some time to reflect.
After some consideration, Jackie is realizing that she’s been codependent on her sister for years. As an adult, Jackie knows she needs to be more self-sufficient and feels bad that she’s been leaning so heavily on Merci all this time. Jackie is looking to connect with a mental health professional to understand what’s causing her to feel so insecure on her own. She hopes that with a provider’s empathy and support, she’ll be able to successfully navigate what’s bothering her, and learn how to reconnect with her sister in a healthy manner.
Like Jackie, you may also be struggling to cope with tough situations or emotions that are disrupting your daily life. Don’t feel as though you’re alone—reach out to Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Jonesboro for assistance with what’s troubling you. Our therapists, counselors, and psychiatrists are available to help you process and cope with the mental health challenges you’re faced with.
Should I Talk with a Mental Health Professional?
You may be wondering if you need to talk with a mental health professional in order to feel better, but that’s not often the best approach to therapy. Instead, it’s better to go into mental health services knowing that anyone, regardless of their background or situation, can benefit from talking with a provider. And at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Jonesboro we have industry-leading providers ready to help you. While mental health conditions and challenges can manifest themselves differently for everyone, some of the common warning signs include:
- Struggling to cope with and manage work or family-related stress
- Struggling to regulate emotions like anger or grief
- Feeling sad or hopeless for an extended period of time
- Experiencing issues in one’s marriage or relationship
- Noticing that anxiety and racing thoughts are upsetting your daily life
These are only a few of the many different ways that a mental health professional can assist. If you’re worried about your situation, or are concerned that you may have a mental health condition, don’t try to self-diagnose. Instead, reach out to our Jonesboro, AR office for guidance and a mental health professional’s diagnosis.
Should I Consider Seeing an Online Psychiatrist?
Like many other online services, our virtual psychiatry options can help you save time and cut back on stress. With online psychiatry, you can meet with your Thriveworks psychiatrist anywhere. As long as you have reliable internet access and somewhere private to talk, you’ll be set. If you’re unfamiliar with what a psychiatrist is, it’s helpful to know that they’re:
- Both a medical doctor and licensed therapist who can use both skills to treat and diagnose mental health conditions
- Are able to prescribe helpful medication that assists clients in better managing their mental health conditions
- Are often the better choice for more persistent or severe conditions, especially mood and behavior disorders like major depression or OCD.
While not everyone who meets with a psychiatrist will be prescribed medication, talking with a psychiatrist might offer you major relief from the negative effects of your mental health challenges. Consider whether our completely virtual psychiatric services could benefit you at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Jonesboro.
Schedule with Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Jonesboro
Regardless of whether you prefer to meet in person or virtually, our mental health professionals are committed to putting your well-being first. When you call to schedule your appointment, you’ll be greeted by one of our scheduling specialists, who can walk you through each step of your client experience. They’ll help you find a provider in your area and even assist you with adding insurance to cover costs; it’s safe to say our scheduling team has your back.
And with Thriveworks, you have access to exclusive benefits, including:
- Same and next-day sessions: Say goodbye to waiting in line for an appointment! Schedule and attend a session the same or the next day—and flexible cancellations.
- Life coach Q/A chat line: Find guidance from our life coaches—you can get detailed answers to your most important questions.
- Scheduling assistance 7 days a week: When you call us to make an appointment, you’ll be greeted by one of our scheduling specialists. Their expertise and guidance make getting the care you need even easier.
- Consistent, timely appointments: Many of our clients (97%) report that their sessions start at or before their scheduled time. If it’s your first time calling into schedule with your provider, you’ll often have your first appointment within 24-48hrs of calling them.
When it comes to taking care of ourselves, many of us are avoidant about our mental health. But negative attitudes and perceptions shouldn’t prevent us from prioritizing our mental health. If you feel ready to take advantage of the stability and support that psychiatric or mental health services can provide you, call our Jonesboro, AR office to begin your journey towards better mental health. You can thrive—we can help.