Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Charlotte offers mental health counseling, therapy, and psychiatry because we understand that life is hard at times, and thriving often means accepting the hardships and the joys that life brings. Know that we have in-person and online therapy opportunities available, plus telepsychiatry sessions.
What Is the Difference Between Therapy, Counseling, and Psychiatry?
Therapy, provided by our counselors and therapists, addresses emotional and behavioral challenges using therapeutic techniques for mental well-being. Counseling, offered by counselors or therapists, focuses on specific issues and life adjustments, while psychiatry, led by our psychiatric nurse practitioners, involves diagnosing and treating mental health conditions with medication.
What Are the Types of Therapists You Can See?
While availability may vary, at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Charlotte, we offer:
- Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counselors (LCMHCs): Trained to provide mental health counseling.
- Licensed Clinical Social Workers (LCSWs): Specialized in social work and counseling for individuals, families, and groups.
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists (LMFTs): Focused on relationship and family-related issues.
- Licensed Professional Counselors (LPCs): Trained to offer counseling services for various emotional and mental health issues.
When you connect with a provider at Thriveworks, you’ll be sharing your experience with an industry-leading expert; someone with the experience and professional insight you need to move forward.
How Do I Find the Right Therapist?
To find the right therapist or therapeutic approach at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Charlotte, browse our provider profiles, or contact your local office at (980) 217-6901 to discuss your needs and preferences with our helpful support team.
Are the Therapists at Thriveworks Licensed and Verified to Provide Therapy?
Yes, all of our therapists, counselors, and psychiatric nurse practitioners are licensed or in the process of receiving their licensure.
What Are the Benefits of Online Therapy and In-Person Therapy?
The benefits of online therapy include:
- Convenience and accessibility from anywhere
- Reduced travel time and costs
- Comfortable and familiar environment
- A wider selection of therapists to choose from
The benefits of in-person therapy include:
- Face-to-face interaction and non-verbal cues
- No reliance on internet connection or technology
- Privacy and confidentiality in a physical office
Signs I Should Go to Therapy
Some of the signs you might benefit from therapy or psychiatric services include:
- Persistent feelings of sadness, anxiety, or hopelessness
- Difficulty managing and coping with daily stress
- Strained or troubled relationships with family, friends, or partners
- Overwhelming grief after a significant loss
- Frequent mood swings, anger, or irritability
- Changes in appetite, sleep patterns, or energy levels
- Unresolved trauma or past experiences affecting your well-being
- Struggles with addictive behaviors or substance abuse
- Loss of interest in previously enjoyed activities
- Overwhelming feelings of guilt, shame, or worthlessness
Don’t hesitate to reach out to one of our providers if you’re feeling any of these symptoms.
What Should I Do If a Loved One Needs Help?
If you have a loved one who is in need of mental health services, you can help them by attempting to:
- Communicate openly and non-judgmentally
- Offer support and encourage them to seek professional help
- Research and connect them with appropriate resources
- Be patient and maintain a supportive presence throughout their journey to recovery
Our experienced therapists, counselors, and psychiatric nurse practitioners can assist—don’t hesitate to have the individual you love seek help and support.
How Much Does Therapy Cost?
At Thriveworks, we take most major forms of insurance, which means that many of our clients only pay $0-$50 co-pay per session. However, there are also self-pay options that sit around $200 per session (for both in-person and online sessions) depending on the service and location, for those who are out-of-network.
Improving Your Mental Health at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Charlotte
Tending to your mind and emotions can lead to many improvements. Just as most people need a doctor or trainer to guide them toward physical health, many need a counselor, therapist, psychiatric provider, or coach to guide them toward emotional health. A few of the benefits mental health services have brought to clients at Thriveworks Charlotte include:
- Improved self-esteem
- Reduced anxiety
- Clarified life goals
- Better sleep
- Increased energy
- Improved interpersonal skills
Whatever you are facing, know that the mental health professionals at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Charlotte have seen it all. We have helped many people overcome life’s hardships and thrive.
Setting Up an Appointment with a Thriveworks Provider
When you schedule an appointment with Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Charlotte, it might be helpful to know that we offer weekend and evening appointments. We also accept many forms of insurance, and new clients often see their provider within a week of their first call. We know that life is hard at times, so scheduling an appointment with us should not be.
Are you ready to thrive? We can help. Call Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Charlotte today to schedule in-person or online counseling. We also have telepsychiatry appointments available.