Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Tallahassee
The psychologist Erik Erikson once stated, “Life doesn’t make any sense without interdependence. We need each other, and the sooner we learn that, the better for us all.” We need family and friends for psychosocial support, but we don’t want to burden them with all of our day-to-day troubles–or our traumas. And sometimes you want to speak to someone who doesn’t have preconceived notions about who you are. You want to share with someone unbiased, who hasn’t known you for years. Fortunately, you can access professionals who are trained to listen and provide insights when you need help the most.
The licensed mental health counselors, therapists, and other exceptional providers at Thriveworks in Tallahassee, FL have the compassion, qualifications, and experience to help clients face their problems and take steps toward achieving their goals. You may suffer from social anxiety or postpartum depression. You may have concerns about whether you should stay in your long-term relationship. You may be stressed about work, or the kids, or the future. Whatever the case may be, Thriveworks providers are there to listen and help you remove obstacles to your well-being.
What Is the Difference Between a Counselor, a Psychologist, and a Psychiatrist?
Before you call the Thriveworks office in Tallahassee, FL, it may be helpful to be able to distinguish between the different types of mental health providers:
- Licensed professional counselors (LPCs) usually provide short-term, solution-focused counseling services for people struggling with specific issues. For example, they may specialize in treating eating disorders or substance abuse.
- Psychotherapists are talk therapists, who provide in-depth therapy or counseling.
- Licensed marriage and family therapists (LMFTs) help couples and families navigate interpersonal issues and conflicts.
- Licensed clinical social workers (LCSWs) offer counseling and guidance for social services.
- Psychiatrists (MDs) are medical doctors who can prescribe medications and manage psychotropic drug treatments like antidepressants for people who are experiencing mental health conditions.
- Psychologists (PhDs or PsyDs) treat clients with specialized psychotherapy (talk therapy) approaches. They may be counseling psychologists or clinical psychologists.
If you’re not sure what type of provider you want or need, you can call the Thriveworks office in Tallahassee, FL for some help in figuring it out.
What Do Mental Health Counselors Do?
Mental health counselors do a lot of things, but mostly they listen. This is harder than it sounds. A mental health provider is trained to hear what isn’t being said as well as what is being said. This means they may ask follow-up questions that penetrate the core of an issue. It also means they may provide critical insights into your struggles, insights that may help unlock solutions.
People are often blind to their own strengths and weaknesses. Mental health counselors can help reinforce what’s working well as well as address emotions or behaviors that are no longer adaptive in your life. The exceptional providers at Thriveworks in Tallahassee, FL might accomplish these goals through evidence-based therapy approaches.
What Is the Process of Mental Health Counseling?
The process of mental health counseling depends on the client’s unique situation and needs. The providers at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Tallahassee evaluate each client individually and help develop a personalized treatment plan. And clients are free to select a provider who is best suited to them. Here are some important criteria to consider when choosing a provider:
- The therapist should be fully licensed in your state. All the mental health providers at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Tallahassee are licensed in Florida.
- Therapy should be affordable. Thriveworks providers in Tallahassee, FL accept most major forms of health insurance coverage. Thriveworks also offers competitive self-pay rates.
- Therapy sessions should be comfortable and convenient. Thriveworks counselors can meet with clients online in secure, HIPAA-compliant virtual sessions, or in-person at the modern office in Tallahassee.
- Thriveworks therapists have broad specialties and experience treating people from diverse backgrounds.
Find Exceptional Support with a Licensed Counselor at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Tallahassee
New Thriveworks clients can meet with their provider within 24-48 hours of their initial booking. This means that you can call now and be talking to your counselor within 24-48 hours. Providers are also accessible by phone or email between sessions for Thriveworks clients.
Thriveworks providers are recruited from the top 4% of applicants to ensure clients receive premium mental health support at affordable prices. And that’s true whether they meet with their therapist online or in person. Both kinds of sessions are of the same high quality.
Call today to get started on your path to feeling better. We look forward to hearing from you!