Rhode Island Mental Health Services—Counselors, Therapists, Life Coaches in Rhode Island
We don’t always like to talk about our mental health struggles. But they’re there. We’re all fighting our own demons, whether it’s a mental illness, a past trauma, an unhappy relationship, a poor work-life balance. The list goes on. Now, while you might not want to talk openly about your struggles to your friends, your family members, or your coworkers, we are asking that you consider opening up to a mental health professional.
Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always.”
Thriveworks Rhode Island Counseling offer online counseling to the residents of Rhode Island. We have seen just how beneficial counseling can prove to one’s life and we’d love nothing more than to see it benefit your life, too! Often, we hear our clients say that they only wish they’d starting counseling sooner. So, if you think that it might prove valuable to you or you think it’s worth checking out, consider giving our office a call. We’ll be happy to get you all set up with one of our online counselors.
Do My Challenges Warrant Help from a Counselor or Therapist?
There’s a widespread misbelief that counseling is only for those with severe mental illness. In reality, the people that meet with a counselor differ in every way imaginable. Most importantly, the people that meet with a counselor have different mental health challenges and/or life issues, that they’ve determined they’d like a little help with. Here are some common challenges that our counselors help their clients work through:
- Fights or other problems with one’s significant other: A common reason that people seek counseling is they are experiencing issues in their relationship. Jealousy, infidelity, lack of trust, poor communication. These are all common relationship issues, which might bring one to couples therapy or marriage counseling.
- Stress overload: Stress is considered to be a healthy emotion. However, it’s important that we handle our stress properly. If we don’t, then stress can prove to be harmful to both our mental and our physical wellbeing. When stress becomes too much, people often seek help from counselor or therapist.
- Anxiety, depression, and other mental illnesses: We mentioned earlier that people falsely assume counseling is only for those who are exhibiting symptoms of a mental illness. While this isn’t the only reason, it is a common reason to begin working with a counselor, as most mental illnesses require some form or degree of mental health treatment.
- The death of a loved one: Perhaps the most painful experience one can ever go through is the loss of a close friend, family member, or pet. Often, it takes a good amount of support to work through this painful time, of which people find in a grief counselor or therapist.
- Regulation of difficult emotions: There are too many difficult emotions out there to count. Sometimes, we just don’t know what to do with these emotions, such as in the wake of a breakup or after losing a job. This can bring people to counseling, as they seek to better manage and cope with the difficult onslaught of feelings.
- Something is missing: Some people also find themselves in counseling because they’re missing something in life. They don’t feel fulfilled, successful, or important. A counselor or life coach can help these individuals identify what’s missing and what changes might need to be made!
The discussions that are had in counseling, therapy, and life coaching vary greatly from one person to the next. Again, the mental health help that we offer at Thriveworks Rhode Island Counseling is personalized for every client that trusts our professionals to help them with what they have going on. We’re happy to finetune treatment to best help you.
Schedule a Mental Health Service at Thriveworks Rhode Island Counseling
If you are looking to schedule a counseling, therapy, or life coaching appointment, reach out to Thriveworks Rhode Island Counseling. We have a scheduling team who is dedicated to getting you all set up with your online counselor as quickly and as seamlessly as possible. Remember: We have both telephone counseling and video counseling appointments available right now. You can choose whichever method you prefer!
Mental health plays a huge role in one’s overall health, happiness, and success. If you believe that you could find even just a little value in working with a professional to give your mental health a tune-up, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We are here to help and support our clients as needed.
Our Clients Get More
We call this The Thriveworks Difference
|Thriveworks||Typical Counseling Practice|
|Offices open early and late|
|Same- or next-day appointments|
|Appointments start on time||Unlikely|
|Care at 100+ locations|
|Phone access to your provider between sessions|
|Email access to your provider between sessions|
|Providers that accept major insurance plans|
|Online counseling opportunities||Unlikely|
|Ask-a-coach 24hr Q&A|
|Text support via our Success Navigator|
|Exclusive video content|
|Counselor-moderated community discussion|
|Ultra-flexible 23.5hr cancellations|
|A free e-copy of “Leaving Depression Behind”|