Seattle Counseling and Psychiatry — Licensed Mental Health Providers in WA
We’ve all heard the term “mental health” but what does it really mean? And what are the ways it can be challenged or negatively impacted?
Consider the scenarios below:
- Leslie is at a crossroads. She’s just earned her first degree and is fresh out of college in a tight job market. An A-student in class, she’s not nearly as confident outside of her college walls. Unsure of where to even begin her job search, she starts to feel overwhelmed and is having trouble bringing herself to even start the application process. She reaches out to a local counselor for help.
- When her husband’s younger brother first moves in with them, Jasmine is happy to help. But as time wears on, his presence in their two-bedroom apartment begins to feel suffocating. Jasmine is ready to start a family and move to a bigger place but that doesn’t seem possible with her brother-in-law’s constant presence. She decides to bring up family counseling to her husband to see how they can help themselves and his brother.
Perhaps you’re like Leslie, at the crossroads between your old life and an uncertain future. Or maybe you’re like Jasmine, trying to balance your own needs with the needs of your family. Or you might be facing a different situation entirely — one regarding your anxiety, trauma, or self-esteem issues. No matter what your mental or emotional health care needs may be, our psychiatrists, psychologists, therapists, and counselors at Thriveworks are here to help.
Some people believe that mental health services are for people with “big” problems. But what’s big and small is subjective, and every problem — no matter the size — deserves our undivided attention and care. We’ve helped countless people address their mental and emotional concerns in a positive way and would love to provide that same assistance to you and your loved ones.
When you schedule an appointment with us at Thriveworks in Seattle, WA you’re taking the first step toward balanced mental and emotional health.
Who Can Counseling Help?
It’s impossible to predict what will happen in life. Our jobs, our health, and our friendships are always in a state of flux, frequently influenced by changes that are outside of our control. But life’s unpredictability does not have to make it scary or impossible to manage. With the right tools and proper fortitude, you can face down life’s challenges with courage and resolve.
A professional psychiatrist, counselor, therapist, or another licensed professional can assist you in nurturing your mental and emotional health so you can deal with the challenges that pop up.
A few of the life challenges that may prompt therapy or counseling visits include:
- Job loss
- Life transitions
- Body dysmorphia
- Domestic violence
- Relationship issues
As varied and as tricky as these issues may be, our providers can equip you with the knowledge and skills you need to address them thoughtfully. The above list only covers a few of the many reasons people seek professional care. If you’d like to begin your treatment, call us today at Thriveworks in Seattle, WA to schedule an appointment.
Which Services Are Offered at Thriveworks?
At Thriveworks, we provide a number of mental and emotional health services. Some of those services include:
- Marriage counseling and couples therapy
- Depression therapy and anxiety therapy
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Family therapy and child therapy
- Eating disorder counseling
- PTSD counseling and trauma therapy
- Anger and stress management
- Life coaching and career counseling
- Grief and loss counseling
- Online psychiatry services
Our counselors, therapists, psychiatrists, and other providers work with families, individuals, and couples and can address the concerns of children and adults alike.
What Can a Licensed Online Psychiatrist Do?
What makes a psychiatrist different from a counselor, therapist, or psychologist? A psychiatrist is a medically-trained mental health professional who’s able to prescribe medications and treat both the physical and psychological symptoms of mental and emotional illnesses.
Psychiatrists diagnose, treat, and provide preventive care to clients. In addition to prescribing medications, they offer therapy treatments such as cognitive behavioral therapy and psychoanalysis.
Your provider is your support system. They’ll teach you the coping skills and grounding techniques you need to navigate life’s tricky situations with grace and care. To begin, schedule an appointment with us at Thriveworks in Seattle, WA whenever you’re ready.
We’re Accepting Appointments at Thriveworks in Seattle, WA
If you’re emotionally or mentally distressed, please know that help is possible. Our psychiatrists, psychologists, therapists, and counselors can guide you on your wellness path and teach you the skills necessary to thrive.
At Thriveworks, we offer a number of membership benefits and services including:
- A counselor-moderated online message board
- Online life coaching services
- Weekend and evening sessions
- Online counseling via phone or email
Our new clients can often be seen within 24 to 48 hours and we have appointments available seven days a week. Additionally, we accept a variety of insurance plans and offer a flexible cancellation policy.
To begin your wellness journey, call us at Thriveworks in Seattle, WA to schedule an appointment. We look forward to seeing you soon.