Our mental and emotional health shapes us. If it’s strong, we feel confident in our decisions and are able to navigate our problems. But when our mental and emotional health falters, we can feel lost, confused, and adrift.
Consider these three scenarios:
- Jake, only 10 years old, is grieving the death of his pet dog. Jake grew up with this dog — it was his constant companion and its death has made him feel incredibly stressed. Unable to cope, he lashes out in ways he never has before.
- Naveed has been a rower since his college days. Now in his fifties, his arthritis has recently made it impossible for him to row. He sits in front of his property’s lake and stares at the water, longing to be back in it. Each day away from his boat makes him feel more and more disengaged with the world.
- Zoe used to love taking evening walks in the neighborhood near her apartment. But after being attacked one evening, she hasn’t felt safe going out alone. She stays in her apartment, afraid of the outside world and the people in it.
Each of the above three people is experiencing loss — loss of a pet, loss of a physical function and a hobby, and loss of freedom. But each situation may require a different course of action. An individual therapist, family therapist, professional counselor, clinical psychologist, or another licensed professional can address the unique symptoms surrounding each person’s situation and create a treatment plan that’s specific to the individual’s needs.
Whether you’ve experienced loss, depression, or another mental illness or disorder, we want to help you find stability and regain control. Consider setting up an appointment with one of our team members at Thriveworks Counseling West Des Moines to begin your treatment.
Can Counseling and Therapy Help Me?
For all its furniture and gadgets, the thing that makes a house a house is its structure. The beams, walls, and roof shelter you from the wind, rain, and other elements.
Counseling and psychotherapy can serve a similar function, providing protection against the challenges and difficulties that threaten our emotional and mental health. The coping techniques, tools, and self-care practices you learn from your therapist or counselor can shelter you from whatever comes your way.
To get there, you have to first address what causes you mental or emotional stress. For many of our clients, this can include the following:
- Divorce or separation
- Life transitions
- Physical illnesses
- Grief or loss
- Behavioral issues
- Abuse or trauma
After you set up an appointment with a mental health professional at Thriveworks Counseling West Des Moines, they’ll begin by assessing your concerns and creating a treatment plan that’s customized to fit your situation. Connect with us to schedule your first online therapy (virtual counseling) or in-person appointment.
What Mental Health Services Are Available at Thriveworks Counseling West Des Moines?
Your reasons for seeing a mental health counselor or therapist will dictate the type of therapy you’ll need. At Thriveworks, we offer a wide range of therapy services including:
- Individual counseling
- Couples therapy & marriage counseling
- Family counseling & family therapy
- Child therapy and teen counseling
Through therapy and counseling services, we help with a range of mental health conditions and other challenges, including:
- Eating disorders
- LGBTQ+ issues
- Relationship problems
- Sexual abuse/issues
- Sleep problems
Our providers — from therapists and counselors to psychologists — specialize in a range of counseling approaches, but they’ll cater your treatment to your unique preferences and needs. They might utilize:
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT)
- Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR)
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Strength-based counseling
- Solution-focused therapy
- Christian counseling
- Emotionally-focused therapy
- Family systems
- Motivational interviewing
When you’re ready to prioritize your mental health, we’re here to help you take the first step.
Get Started at Thriveworks Counseling West Des Moines
Providing care is our calling. Every day, our mental health providers help clients overcome their anxiety, manage their depression, and plan for the road ahead. We want to help you with your unique challenges as well.
We respect your time. That’s why we offer online and in-person therapy sessions as well as appointments during the evening and weekends. Our providers can be reached in-between sessions via phone and email, and our offices are open early and close late. We accept health insurance.
Whether you’re seeking therapy for yourself or as part of a family or couple, we want to help. Please call today to schedule an appointment at Thriveworks Counseling West Des Moines.
Where Is Thriveworks Counseling West Des Moines Located?
Thriveworks Counseling West Des Moines is located at 7205 Vista Dr Suite 100, West Des Moines, IA 50266, near the Fairfield Inn & Suites and Kum & Go.
If you have trouble finding our office or have any questions about how to get here, please don’t hesitate to reach out!