Therapists, Counselors, and Life Coaches in Alexandria, VA (Franconia)—Mental Health Care
Life can be hard to understand sometimes. As humans, we are always trying to make sense of what is going on around us, but that is typically quite a difficult task. If your life is not making sense to you lately, the team here at Thriveworks Alexandria would be happy to help. Our counselors and therapists are here to offer a variety of services to people in and around the city. Whether you are facing a major life crisis—say, you’re going through a rough divorce—or just a small bump in the road—say, you’re feeling a little lonely lately and don’t know what to do about it. Whatever the case, a therapist, counselor, or life coach can help you get back on track.
The need for therapy can often arise simply out of not taking enough time each day for yourself. Between the responsibilities you have at work and those you have at home, there might not be time for you to “get away” and think about what it is that you need to do for yourself. Therapy is the perfect opportunity to do so. You will have the opportunity to sit down with a qualified and experienced counselor or therapist to discuss things that are important to you. What is it that you need to get off your chest? What do you need help working through emotionally? We are here to help, either in in-person counseling or online counseling therapy. You choose what works best for you.
How Can Therapy or Counseling Help Me?
There is an incredibly long list of challenges that can be dealt with using counseling, therapy, and/or life coaching. Among the many points on that list are:
- Lack of professional motivation
- Inability to maintain healthy personal relationships
- Anxiety, depression, and other mental illnesses
- Changes in personality, mood swings
- Inability to control temper
- Loss of joy in day to day life
The counselors, therapists, and life coaches at Thriveworks Alexandria are experts in mental health. They have the skills, training, and experience to help you overcome the above challenges as well as other difficulties that may confront you in life. If something is weighing heavy on your mind or proving to harm your health and happiness, schedule an appointment with one of our providers. Here are more detailed examples of how one of our providers can help:
- Jon has felt overwhelmed at work for the past few months. His girlfriend Cassandra warned that it was getting out of control, but he brushed her concerns off his shoulder. Now, however, after several sleepless nights in a row, he realizes her concerns were warranted—Jon needed help managing his work stress and balancing other areas of his life. He decides to set up an appointment with a counselor. After just a few sessions, he’s learned effective techniques for better managing his stress, which has led to improved quality of sleep. Now, his counselor is helping him work on his work-life balance, and Jon feels hopeful about his future.
- Harper doesn’t know if she sees a future with her current boyfriend Adam. She used to, but lately she’s become increasingly frustrated with him: he never cleans up after himself, he often stays at work late, and he doesn’t prioritize intimate time together. Harper thinks about confronting him with all of these concerns, but worries he’ll feel attacked. So, she employs the help of a couples therapist, who assists Harper and Adam in talking about their relationship issues. As it turns out, Adam had concerns too. After a few sessions, their communication has improved and they feel happier. They look forward to continuing their sessions.
What Can I Expect from Seeking Treatment at Thriveworks?
The mission at Thriveworks is to lead people toward happy, successful lives through excellent mental health care. We offer premium-level mental health services, as well as exceptional customer care. Here’s how we stand out from other practices:
- Quick, flexible scheduling: When you call Thriveworks Alexandria, a scheduling specialist will help you to set up an appointment. We have a “no waiting list” policy, which means that we’ll find you a counselor or therapist who can help you as soon as possible. Additionally, we offer flexible scheduling options, which include daytime, evening, weekday, and weekend appointments.
- Skilled, caring providers: We employ only the best of the best clinicians—those who can truly help you and make a difference in your life. Each provider goes through extensive training and is equipped with skills that enable them to help their clients. Additionally, they truly care about your mental health and want to help.
- Innovative technologies: To further improve your experience at Thriveworks, we offer helpful technologies like advice by phone or email. This allows clients to call or email their counselor or therapist for non-emergency, quick assistance.
Schedule a Session at Thriveworks Alexandria, VA (Franconia)
One of the first things to know about therapy is that you don’t need to have all the answers before you come to us for help. In fact, that is exactly why we are here—to help you find the answers. Many people don’t know exactly why they are feeling down, or stressed, or anxious, and that is okay. Our staff will be happy to help you get to the bottom of your problems, which is frequently the first step on the path toward solving them. Once you understand why it is that you are feeling the way you feel, you can then work on the solutions necessary to get yourself back on track and moving toward a prosperous future.
A quick and easy phone call is all that stands between you and treatment from the Alexandria counseling team. We are proud to offer a variety of Alexandria Counseling and life coaching solutions to suit your needs, so please feel free to contact us for more information. Rather than trying to sell you on a pre-packaged set of treatments, we will work together with you to determine the best course of action in your case. Thank you for your time, and we look forward to hearing from you. Just call (703) 828-9054 to schedule your first in-person session or online counseling appointment.
Our Clients Get More
We call this The Thriveworks Difference
|Thriveworks||Typical Counseling Practice|
|Offices open early and late|
|Same- or next-day appointments|
|Appointments start on time||Unlikely|
|Care at 100+ locations|
|Phone access to your provider between sessions|
|Email access to your provider between sessions|
|Providers that accept major insurance plans|
|Online counseling opportunities||Unlikely|
|Ask-a-coach 24hr Q&A|
|Exclusive video content|
|Counselor-moderated community discussion|
|Ultra-flexible 23.5hr cancellations|
|A free e-copy of “Leaving Depression Behind”|