Everyone needs guidance at some point in his or her life. Perhaps you’re going through something similar to one of these hypothetical scenarios:
- A close relative has passed away and the grief is almost too much to bear
- After a recent move to a different city, your once happy-go-lucky child is having a difficult time adjusting to the new school, teachers, and classmates
- You want to get married, but want to be as prepared as possible for the commitment
- Your job is unfulfilling, but no other opportunities have presented themselves
- Your spouse has been unfaithful, and you’re not sure what to do
- An activity you once used as a stress reliever has become a serious addiction
Your situation may not resemble anything from the above list, but you undoubtedly have your own challenges and goals. You don’t need to face these things alone. The professional counselors, therapists, psychologists, and psychiatrists at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Austin have experienced great success in helping people living through similar situations.
What Is the Difference Between Therapy, Counseling, and Psychiatry?
Therapy, provided by our counselors and therapists, addresses emotional and behavioral challenges using therapeutic techniques for mental well-being. Counseling, offered by counselors or therapists, focuses on specific issues and life adjustments, while psychiatry, led by our psychiatric nurse practitioners, involves diagnosing and treating mental health conditions with medication.
Could I Benefit from Therapy?
Each month, thousands of patients experience the benefits of working with a Thriveworks mental health professional. They can teach you how to:
- Set and achieve goals
- Work through challenging relationships and other life issues
- Seek inner strength and personal growth
While there is certainly a large percentage of already successful people who seek counseling to reach increased levels of personal growth, a lot of people trying to find a counselor or coach do so as a result of some emotional anguish. If you’re in pain, you don’t want to call the office after office leaving voicemails to try to find someone who has current session openings and accepts your insurance.
If you want care and guidance immediately, call us. We can get you scheduled in an in-person or online counseling therapy appointment today. Most first-time Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Austin clients meet with their therapist within 48 hours of initiating a conversation.
What Are the Types of Therapists You Can See?
At Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Austin, we offer:
- Licensed Mental Health Counselors (LMHCs): Trained to provide mental health counseling.
- Licensed Clinical Social Workers (LCSW): Specialized in social work and counseling for individuals, families, and groups.
- Licensed Professional Counselors (LPCs): Trained to offer counseling services for various emotional and mental health issues.
When you connect with a provider at Thriveworks, you’ll be sharing your experience with an industry-leading expert; someone with the experience and professional insight you need to move forward.
How Do I Find the Right Therapist
To find the right therapist or therapeutic approach at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Austin , browse our provider profiles, or contact your local office at (512) 807-0730
to discuss your needs and preferences with our helpful support team.
Are the Therapists at Thriveworks Licensed and Verified to Provide Therapy?
Yes, all of our therapists, counselors, and psychiatric nurse practitioners are licensed or in the process of receiving their licensure.
What Are the Benefits of Online Therapy and In-Person Therapy?
The benefits of online therapy include:
- Convenience and accessibility from anywhere
- Reduced travel time and costs
- Comfortable and familiar environment
- A wider selection of therapists to choose from
The benefits of in-person therapy include:
- Face-to-face interaction and non-verbal cues
- No reliance on internet connection or technology
- Privacy and confidentiality in a physical office
Signs I Should Go to Therapy
Some of the signs you might benefit from therapy or psychiatric services include:
- Persistent feelings of sadness, anxiety, or hopelessness
- Difficulty managing and coping with daily stress
- Strained or troubled relationships with family, friends, or partners
- Overwhelming grief after a significant loss
- Frequent mood swings, anger, or irritability
- Changes in appetite, sleep patterns, or energy levels
- Unresolved trauma or past experiences affecting your well-being
- Struggles with addictive behaviors or substance abuse
- Loss of interest in previously enjoyed activities
- Overwhelming feelings of guilt, shame, or worthlessness
Don’t hesitate to reach out to one of our providers if you’re feeling any of these symptoms.
What Should I Do If a Loved One Needs Help?
If you have a loved one who is need of mental health services, you can help them by attempting to:
Communicate openly and non-judgmentally
Offer support and encourage them to seek professional help
Research and connect them with appropriate resources
Be patient and maintain a supportive presence throughout their journey to recovery
Our experienced therapists, counselors, and psychiatric nurse practitioners can assist—don’t hesitate to have the individual you love seek help and support.
How Much Does Therapy Cost?
At Thriveworks, we take most major forms of insurance, which means that many of our clients only pay $0-$50 co-pay per session. However, there are also self-pay options that sit around $200 per session (for both in-person and online sessions) depending on the service and location, for those who are out-of-network.
Schedule a Session at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Austin
Making the decision to pursue counseling or psychiatry can cause anxiety and fear. While making this decision can be very difficult, it can also be one of the best and most proactive steps you can take for yourself, your loved one, or your relationship.
While it may be very difficult to make the decision to pursue counseling, it may also be the best decision you can make for your wellbeing. Pursuing psychiatry or counseling care at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Austin can benefit you as an individual, your family, and your relationships.
Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Austin is available to help you and your family with whatever issue you are facing. Whether you are seeking help for your child, your marriage, your relationship, or yourself, we have trained professionals ready to help you improve your life. You may be experiencing a great deal of stress, a life trauma, or are simply wanting to set goals for yourself. Whatever your situation, we are ready to help.
Our therapists are leaders in their field and have been published in many reputable and distinguished news outlets and academic publications. Some of these include The Boston Globe, CNN, The Journal of Mental Health Counseling, Counseling Today, Boston Business Journal, and many others. We are ready to put our expertise to work for you.