There are many reasons to pursue counseling or therapy. Perhaps you are just looking for guidance in reaching your goals and dreams and need a life coach. Maybe you and your family have experienced a devastating loss or trauma and can barely function. There’s no need to look any further.
When you realize that help is available, however, whether for professional growth, grief counseling, relationship issues, or anything in between, deciding to reach out to a counselor, psychiatrist, psychologist, or coach isn’t always easy. It can be reassuring to know that you’ll get the best mental health care possible. At Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Peachtree City, we have counselors, psychiatrists, and therapists who are fully licensed in Georgia and who have a wide variety of clinical specialties.
What is the difference between therapy, counseling, and psychiatry?
Therapy, provided by psychologists or therapists, addresses emotional and behavioral challenges using therapeutic techniques for mental well-being. Counseling, offered by counselors or therapists, focuses on specific issues and life adjustments, while psychiatry, led by psychiatric nurse practitioners who diagnose and treat mental health conditions with medication.
What are the types of therapists you can see?
At Thriveworks, you can choose from a wide variety of:
- Licensed Mental Health Counselors (LMHCs): Trained to provide mental health counseling.
- Clinical Social Workers: Specialized in social work and counseling for individuals, families, and groups.
- Music Therapists: Use music as a therapeutic tool.
- Art Therapists: Use art-based techniques for therapy.
- Marriage and Family Therapists (MFTs): Focused on relationship and family-related issues.
- Psychologists: Professionals who provide talk therapy and psychological assessments.
- Licensed Professional Counselors (LPCs): Trained to offer counseling services for various emotional and mental health issues.
- Occupational Therapists: Help with life skills and functioning.
- Expressive Therapists: Use creative arts for therapy.
How Do I Find the Right Therapist?
To find the right therapist or therapeutic approach at Thriveworks, visit our website, browse our therapist profiles, and contact your local office to discuss your needs and preferences with our support team.
Are the Therapists at Thriveworks Licensed and Verified to Provide Therapy?
Yes, all of our therapists, counselors, and psychiatric nurse practitioners are licensed or in the process of receiving their licensure.
What Are the Benefits of Online Therapy and In-Person Therapy?
The benefits of online therapy include:
- Convenience and accessibility from anywhere
- Reduced travel time and costs
- Comfortable and familiar environment
- A wider selection of therapists to choose from
The benefits of in-person therapy include:
- Face-to-face interaction and non-verbal cues
- No reliance on internet connection or technology
- Privacy and confidentiality in a physical office
Signs I Should Go to Therapy
Some of the signs you might benefit from therapy or psychiatric services include:
- Persistent feelings of sadness, anxiety, or hopelessness
- Difficulty managing and coping with daily stress
- Strained or troubled relationships with family, friends, or partners
- Overwhelming grief after a significant loss
- Frequent mood swings, anger, or irritability
- Changes in appetite, sleep patterns, or energy levels
- Unresolved trauma or past experiences affecting your well-being
- Struggles with addictive behaviors or substance abuse
- Loss of interest in previously enjoyed activities
- Overwhelming feelings of guilt, shame, or worthlessness
Don’t hesitate to reach out to one of our providers if you’re feeling any of these symptoms.
Should I Consider Seeing a Psychiatrist?
Licensed psychiatrists are experts when it comes to mental, emotional, and behavioral issues. As a medical doctor, a board-certified psychiatrist can provide insight into your mental health condition, both from a mental and physical perspective.
Psychiatry counseling typically begins with an in-depth look at your symptoms. After a comprehensive evaluation, you may be prescribed medication such as an antidepressant or anti-anxiety medication. It’s also common for clients to participate in psychotherapy sessions in which they are asked to talk through their thoughts and feelings to learn more effective coping strategies.
To speak with an experienced psychiatrist, contact us today at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Peachtree City to set up a secure online therapy appointment.
What Should I Do If a Loved One Needs Help?
If you have a loved one who is need of mental health services, you can help them by attempting to:
- Communicate openly and non-judgmentally
- Offer support and encourage them to seek professional help
- Research and connect them with appropriate resources
- Be patient and maintain a supportive presence throughout their journey to recovery
Our experienced therapists, counselors, and psychiatric nurse practitioners can assist—don’t hesitate to have the individual you love seek help and support.
How Much Does Therapy Cost?
At Thriveworks, we take most major forms of insurance, which means that many of our clients only pay $0-$50 co-pay per session. However, there are also self-pay options that sit around $200 per session (for both in-person and online sessions) depending on the service and location, for those who are out-of-network.
Book a Therapy Session at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Peachtree City
It is impossible to list all of the reasons that individuals, couples, or families may seek counseling. It is a personal and meaningful choice. Entering into a counseling relationship is an important decision and should not be taken lightly. You want to choose an experienced and trusted therapist to be a partner in your health care.
The counselors, doctors, and therapists at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Peachtree City are leaders in their field. We are ready to put our expertise to work for you.
We respect that it may be very difficult to finally make the decision to call us or send us a message. For that reason, unlike many counseling offices, we do not operate with a waiting list. We want to be ready when you are. In most cases, we have in-person and virtual counseling sessions available for new clients within 24 hours. We also accept most forms of health insurance, helping to keep premium mental health care affordable.
Whether you are seeking help for yourself, your relationship, your child, or your family, we are ready to walk with you on this journey of healing and growth.
There is a lot of information available on counseling and mental health care. It can be difficult to sift through all of it and make an informed decision. You do not need to look any further. We are ready to work with you to improve your life. Call Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Peachtree City, and let’s get started on your new life.