Find a Great Therapist at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry DC
Life is characterized by highs and lows. Often, we enjoy these highs and can bounce back from the lows—but not always. At least not without a little help. We all experience challenges that prove difficult to manage or overcome: relationship trouble, stress at work, tough parenting decisions, mental illness.
When there is no clear direction or solution, a counselor, therapist, psychiatrist, or psychologist can come in handy. These mental health professionals are equipped with the knowledge, skills, and training to help.
Are you facing a challenge that you aren’t sure how to approach or you haven’t been able to overcome? Maybe the challenge is obvious, like symptoms of depression or a huge conflict with your spouse. In any regard, a counselor, therapist, psychiatrist, or life coach at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry DC can help you find resolve. They are equipped with impressive skills, training, and experience to assist you in finding the road to a happier, healthier life.
If you think you could benefit from working with a mental health professional and you are ready to schedule an appointment, call Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry DC. You can look forward to talking to one of our scheduling specialists, who will present you with quick, flexible scheduling opportunities (we offer evening and weekend sessions). They can also talk to you about our online counseling therapy opportunities. We look forward to meeting you and working toward greater happiness and success!
What Mental Health Services Are Offered at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry DC?
Mental health services include depression counseling, anxiety therapy, family therapy, couples counseling, marriage therapy, life coaching, psychiatry, and more. The therapists, counselors, and psychiatrists at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry DC have a wide array of skills and specialties that enable them to provide these services and more. Whether you’re looking for a family therapist or a psychiatrist, we can help you begin the process of improving your overall happiness and well-being.
Are you unsure of what type of mental health services you need? That’s okay! Your provider will work to understand your presenting issue, which might include:
- Mental health disorders like depression or anxiety: If you are experiencing symptoms of a mental illness, your therapist can help you manage your specific symptoms. They can also help you explore the potential causes of your condition.
- Relationship issues: Are you and your partner or spouse struggling to resolve problems in your relationship? If so, a marriage counselor or couples therapist can best assist you.
- Low self-esteem: If you are suffering from low self-esteem, a counselor can help you build your confidence back up.
- Loneliness: Loneliness is a deep sadness that results from isolation, either physically or emotionally. If you are feeling lonely, a loneliness counselor can help you resolve these difficult feelings.
- Stress: Stress at work and home can make one feel overwhelmed. If this is true for you, a stress management counselor can help you identify and manage your specific stressors.
- Parenting problems: If your child is exhibiting behavioral problems, a child therapist can help you assess and improve their specific behaviors.
- Lack of fulfillment: Sometimes, we lack success and fulfillment in life, which makes us feel unhappy. If this is the case for you, a life coach can help you set and achieve meaningful goals.
Our providers can also help with the following:
- Grief and loss
- Eating disorders
- LGBTQ+ issues
- Sexual abuse/issues
- Sleep problems
Once they understand the issue at hand, they can design treatment to best help you. If you need to work with a provider who has specific skills or experience dealing with a specific issue, Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry DC can make that happen, too. We have your best interest at heart and want to help you find healing.
Our providers — from psychotherapists/counselors to clinical psychologists, psychiatrists, and nurse practitioners — specialize in a range of counseling approaches, but they’ll cater your treatment to your unique preferences and needs. They might utilize:
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT)
- Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR)
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Strength-based counseling
- Solution-focused therapy
- Christian counseling
- Emotionally-focused therapy
- Family systems
- Motivational interviewing
Mental Health Services for Loved Ones
Maybe you’re not in need of mental health services, but you think a loved one could benefit. When a beloved family member or friend struggles, it can negatively affect you and change life as you know it. Unfortunately, this individual must decide for him or herself that they want to explore therapy or counseling.
You can support a loved one in their mental health journey, but you must also take care of your mental health needs, which you have greater control over. If you think you could benefit from partnering up with a therapist or counselor in the midst of a problem with a loved one, call Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry DC to set up an appointment. Our providers can offer you the care and support that you need with the following services:
- Individual counseling
- Couples therapy/marriage counseling
- Family counseling
- Child therapy and teen counseling
- Psychiatry and medication management
When to Speak to a Licensed Thriveworks Psychiatrist
If you’re dealing with a mental health issue like depression or anxiety, you may benefit from speaking to a licensed psychiatrist at Thriveworks through a secure online therapy appointment. Psychiatrists are different from other mental health professionals; as medical doctors, they are trained to diagnose, treat, and prevent all kinds of mental illnesses from a medical perspective.
Psychiatrists can guide you through various physical and psychological tests to determine the nature of your condition before a treatment plan is developed. Their medical background means they are not only qualified to assess any symptoms you may be experiencing and monitor them throughout treatment, but they can also prescribe medication when necessary.
To schedule a virtual psychiatry appointment, get in touch with us today at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry DC.
Schedule an Appointment at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry DC
Here at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry DC, we believe that everyone can benefit from working with a skilled, caring mental health professional. Whether it’s depression counseling, anxiety therapy, family therapy, couples counseling, life coaching, online counseling therapy, psychiatry, or another service. If you know that you could improve an area of your life, consider working with one of the expert providers at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry DC. You can set up an appointment by calling our office.
When you call, a scheduling specialist will assist you. They will help you find a provider who can best help you and your unique situation. We hope to hear from you soon and look forward to embarking on your journey to a happier, healthier life.
Where Is Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry DC?
Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry DC is located in the District of Columbia at 529 14th St NW Suite #1170, Washington, DC 20045, at F Street NW, not far from the US Treasury Department and the White House.
If you have trouble finding our office or have any questions about how to get here, please don’t hesitate to reach out!