Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Wilmington – Find a Therapist
Do you feel like your life is a little bit off track at the moment? Maybe you have been dealing with some personal issues, or maybe you are just in a bit of a “funk”? Whatever the case, it may be wise to seek out help from an experienced professional who can assist you in working through these challenges. At Thriveworks Wilmington, we offer counseling and life coaching—both in-person counseling and online counseling therapy—that can help you deal with the difficulties that life throws at us from time to time. You can never really predict where life is going to go, but our team will be happy to help you through it.
Should I Seek Counseling? Can I Benefit?
Before you make any decisions about what therapy may or may not be able to do for you, it is important to understand that therapy can take on all shapes and sizes. You aren’t going to be forced into any kind of therapy session that you are not comfortable with or that does not fit your needs. All of the treatment you receive in our Wilmington, Delaware office will be designed specifically to match the challenges you are facing and the personality that you have as an individual. The services at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Wilmington are focused completely on you—whatever it is that you need to get on track is what we will attempt to deliver.
What If a Loved One Is Struggling?
Therapy can also be helpful for someone close to you if they are going through a tough time. It is almost more difficult to watch a loved one have a hard time in life than it is to go through those times yourself, so consider referring that loved one to Thriveworks for assistance if they are open to the idea.
It is important to remember that this kind of intervention should come from a place of love and concern. The more support that an individual feels, the more likely they will be to take action in an effort to get themselves back on track and moving in the right direction.
What Can a Psychiatrist Treat?
The licensed psychiatrists at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Wilmington can treat a great number of mental health conditions listed in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM). These include the following:
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Major depressive disorder
- Postpartum depression
- Bipolar disorder (manic depression)
Unlike a psychologist, a psychiatrist can prescribe a medication like an antidepressant to correct underlying neurochemical imbalances, or they may treat conditions with psychotherapy, or use a mixture of both. It all depends on the client and the diagnosis. Thriveworks clients can meet with their psychiatrists from the comfort of their own homes through secure virtual counseling (online therapy) sessions.
How Does Counseling Work?
As we stressed above, counseling is tailored to each individual. Your Thriveworks counselor, family therapist, clinical psychologist, psychiatrist, or life coach will ask about your presenting issue as well as your goals for therapy and then tailor your sessions to best benefit you. Here are a couple examples of how a counselor can help their clients:
- Jan doesn’t know why, but her mind has been crowded with unwanted thoughts lately. She used to be care-free—these days, though, she ruminates about everything. She anticipates mistakes she will make at work, worries about rubbing people the wrong way, and always expects the worst. Finally, she decides to meet with a counselor about this negative shift in attitude, thanks to a push from a friend. Quickly, her counselor helps her identify negative thinking patterns and begin making a healthy shift toward positive thinking. She knows it’ll take some work, but she’s already seeing progress.
- Natalie and Joshua haven’t stopped arguing—about what to eat for dinner, whose turn it is to take the trash out, how to discipline their kids, and the list goes on. They think back to the old days when they were newlyweds; more importantly, when they didn’t argue about anything. Now that the honeymoon stage is over, they can’t seem to get on the same page. Fortunately, however, a counselor helps them see eye to eye again. After a few sessions, Natalie and Joshua realize they haven’t spent any meaningful or intimate time together in the past few months—and it’s severely affecting their relationship. They decide on a day and time each week to focus on each other, and quickly see their relationship progress.
Schedule a Session at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Wilmington
Some of the patients that come to Thriveworks have very specific problems that they would like to address, while others are unsure of what has them feeling like they need help. Either way, we will be happy to offer you assistance at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Wilmington; whatever the case, our counselors and therapists will be happy to work with you, either in in-person counseling or online counseling therapy. Give us a call at your convenience schedule an appointment or to learn more about the treatment options that we have available. We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Where Is Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Wilmington Located?
Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Wilmington is found at the intersection of N Tatnall St and Delaware Ave, before Delaware Ave becomes W 10th St. We share a building with TD Bank and Delaware Matchmaking Services. Our location is just south of HB DuPont Park.
If you have trouble finding our office or have any questions about how to get here, please don’t hesitate to reach out!