Maybe you’ve debated if you should see a mental health professional, but aren’t really sure where to start. At Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Houston, we work with people of all backgrounds and walks of life to help them experience better mental health.
Our team of mental health professionals knows how to listen; in fact, it’s part of their job to do so. By listening closely to what’s going on in your life, your provider can help you establish healthy boundaries, communication methods, coping strategies, and more. Positive life change is what we focus on, not on being perfect.
What Is the Difference Between Therapy, Counseling, and Psychiatry?
Therapy, provided by our counselors and therapists, addresses emotional and behavioral challenges using therapeutic techniques for mental well-being. Counseling, offered by counselors or therapists, focuses on specific issues and life adjustments, while psychiatry, led by our psychiatric nurse practitioners, involves diagnosing and treating mental health conditions with medication.
What Are the Types of Therapists You Can See?
While availability may vary, at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Houston, we offer:
- Licensed Clinical Social Workers (LCSWs): Specialized in social work and counseling for individuals, families, and groups.
- Licensed Professional Counselors (LPCs): Trained to offer counseling services for various emotional and mental health issues.
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists (LMFTs): Focused on relationship and family-related issues.
When you connect with a provider at Thriveworks, you’ll be sharing your experience with an industry-leading expert; someone with the experience and professional insight you need to move forward.
How Do I Find the Right Therapist?
To find the right therapist or therapeutic approach at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Houston, browse our provider profiles, or contact your local office at (281) 789-6829 to discuss your needs and preferences with our helpful support team.
Are the Therapists at Thriveworks Licensed and Verified to Provide Therapy?
Yes, all of our therapists, counselors, and psychiatric nurse practitioners are licensed or in the process of receiving their licensure.
What Are the Benefits of Online Therapy and In-Person Therapy?
The benefits of online therapy include:
- Convenience and accessibility from anywhere
- Reduced travel time and costs
- Comfortable and familiar environment
- A wider selection of therapists to choose from
The benefits of in-person therapy include:
- Face-to-face interaction and non-verbal cues
- No reliance on internet connection or technology
- Privacy and confidentiality in a physical office
Signs I Should Go to Therapy
Some of the signs you might benefit from therapy or psychiatric services include:
- Persistent feelings of sadness, anxiety, or hopelessness
- Difficulty managing and coping with daily stress
- Strained or troubled relationships with family, friends, or partners
- Overwhelming grief after a significant loss
- Frequent mood swings, anger, or irritability
- Changes in appetite, sleep patterns, or energy levels
- Unresolved trauma or past experiences affecting your well-being
- Struggles with addictive behaviors or substance abuse
- Loss of interest in previously enjoyed activities
- Overwhelming feelings of guilt, shame, or worthlessness
Don’t hesitate to reach out to one of our providers if you’re feeling any of these symptoms.
What Should I Do If a Loved One Needs Help?
If you have a loved one who is in need of mental health services, you can help them by attempting to:
- Communicate openly and non-judgmentally
- Offer support and encourage them to seek professional help
- Research and connect them with appropriate resources
- Be patient and maintain a supportive presence throughout their journey to recovery
Our experienced therapists, counselors, and psychiatric nurse practitioners can assist—don’t hesitate to have the individual you love seek help and support.
How Much Does Therapy Cost?
At Thriveworks, we take most major forms of insurance, which means that many of our clients only pay $0-$50 co-pay per session. However, there are also self-pay options that sit around $200 per session (for both in-person and online sessions) depending on the service and location, for those who are out-of-network.
Schedule Therapy or Online Psychiatric Care in Houston, TX (Willowbrook)
When it comes to scheduling your first appointment, we don’t expect you to have everything figured out. If you’re not sure whether a therapist or psychiatric provider is what you need, Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Houston can help with that. For starters, it’s good to know that therapists and counselors assist most clients with general, but still important concepts, such as:
- Relationship challenges and concerns
- Emotional regulation
- Financial or work-related stress
- Difficulty processing a divorce or breakup
- The loss of a friend or family member
- Self-esteem issues
- And many other issues.
Meanwhile, psychiatrists can supplement your work in therapy to manage mood and behavior disorders that are trickier to diagnose or cope with, like:
- Bipolar disorder
- Substance abuse and addiction
- Borderline personality disorder
And if you don’t see an issue or concern listed above that fits your situation, don’t worry—our providers have a wide range of specialties and our scheduling specialists at our Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Houston office can help you find the right fit.