Counselors, Therapists, and Life Coaches in Dover, DE—Mental Health Care at Thriveworks
Thriveworks is committed to helping people live happy, successful lives. And we believe that mental health care can play an instrumental role in assisting you on this mission—whether it’s working with a counselor, therapist, or life coach. A counselor or therapist can help you manage harmful symptoms of depression, come to terms with a tough loss, grieve properly, and address issues in your relationship. A life coach can offer guidance on your career journey, help you adjust amidst a major life transition, and assist you in identifying areas of your life you want to improve in.
“Recovery is not one and done. It is a lifelong journey that takes place one day, one step at a time.”
The moral of the story is that working with a mental health professional can make a huge difference in your life. If you need help addressing, managing, or overcoming a specific challenge, a counselor, therapist, or life coach at Thriveworks Dover can help. And if you aren’t sure what this challenge is—but you’re struggling in life and know that you can achieve a greater wellbeing—a mental health professional can help you identify and then confront any problem areas in your life.
Should I Work with a Mental Health Professional?
The therapists, counselors, and life coaches at Thriveworks Dover are mental health experts. They’ve undergone extensive training, have impressive knowledge, and possess various skills that enable them to help their many clients with whatever they may be facing. The challenges that these providers often discuss with their clients in therapy include:
- Harmful habits and behaviors
- Symptoms of mental disorders
- Relationship problems
- Problematic thoughts
- Depressed or anxious feelings
- Major life transitions
- Grief and loss
This is the short list—in reality, it would be difficult to name every topic covered in therapy. Often, a client will start therapy having identified one problem and specific goals related to that problem—but after even a few weeks, other problems come to light. If something is weighing you down, a provider at Thriveworks Dover can help you through it. They can assist you in identifying, managing, or even defeating the challenge that’s standing in your way.
How Does Counseling Work? What Should I Expect?
Counseling varies from person-to-person, depending on their unique situation, preferences, and goals for therapy. Your Thriveworks counselor, therapist, or life coach will assess your presenting issue, consider your needs and desires, and then tailor your experience to best help you. Here are a few examples of what one’s mental health journey could look like:
- Lately, Erica’s mind has been racing. She wakes up to all of these troubling thoughts about her job, her relationships, and her purpose in life. She knows deep down that these thoughts aren’t true—that she’s doing well at work, serving her loved ones, and living a meaningful life, despite what her anxiety is telling her. But every morning she doubts herself and feels overwhelmed by the possibility that she’s failing in life. After a few weeks of these uncomfortable, troubling thoughts, Erika decides it’s time to see a counselor. After several sessions, she feels a calm come over. Her counselor teaches her several techniques for effectively managing anxious thoughts and feelings, which prove to help her each morning.
- Nate and Lindsay have been struggling to communicate. Their first few months of dating were free of adversity: they shared interests and hobbies, they enjoyed each other’s company, and they agreed on most things. But now, while they don’t fight, they each have a few changes in mind they’d like to make in the relationship. However, they’re both scared to rock the boat—and, so, after a brief discussion, they decide to employ the help of a couples counselor. Quickly, they learn how to communicate their wants and needs in the relationship. And they both find that the other is happy to meet in the middle, to compromise, to make changes that will benefit them both.
Schedule a Session at Thriveworks Dover
The providers at Thriveworks Dover are dedicated to helping you overcome the challenges in your life. Their ultimate goal is to assist you in reaching a happier, healthier place and going on to achieve greater successes. Their training, skills, and experience qualify and enable them to accomplish this goal.
Do you think you could benefit from working with a mental health professional, be it a counselor, therapist, or life coach? Reach out to Thriveworks Dover. Our providers are here to help you heal and overcome. Give us a call and schedule an appointment today. We look forward to meeting and working with you soon.