Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Dover – Your Local Mental Health Service
Thriveworks is committed to helping people live happy, successful lives. And we believe that mental health care can play an instrumental role in assisting you on this mission—whether it’s working with a counselor, therapist, or life coach. A counselor or therapist can help you manage harmful symptoms of depression, come to terms with a tough loss, grieve properly, and address issues in your relationship. A life coach can offer guidance on your career journey, help you adjust amidst a major life transition, and assist you in identifying areas of your life you want to improve in.
“Recovery is not one and done. It is a lifelong journey that takes place one day, one step at a time.”
The moral of the story is that working with a mental health professional can make a huge difference in your life. If you need help addressing, managing, or overcoming a specific challenge, a counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Dover can help, whether you choose in-person counseling or online counseling. And if you aren’t sure what this challenge is—but you’re struggling in life and know that you can achieve a greater well-being—a mental health professional can help you identify and then confront any problem areas in your life.
Should I Work with a Mental Health Professional?
The therapists, counselors, psychologists, and psychiatrists at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Dover are mental health experts. They’ve undergone extensive training, have impressive knowledge, and possess various skills that enable them to help their many clients with whatever they may be facing. The challenges that these providers often discuss with their clients in therapy include:
- Harmful habits and behaviors
- Symptoms of mental disorders
- Relationship problems
- Problematic thoughts
- Depressed or anxious feelings
- Major life transitions
- Grief and loss
This is the short list—in reality, it would be difficult to name every topic covered in therapy. Often, a client will start therapy having identified one problem and specific goals related to that problem—but after even a few weeks, other problems come to light. If something is weighing you down, a provider at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Dover can help you through it. They can assist you in identifying, managing, or even defeating the challenge that’s standing in your way.
What Mental Health Services Are Offered at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Dover?
Here’s a list of the main mental health services offered at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Dover:
- Individual counseling
- Couples therapy/marriage counseling
- Family counseling or family therapy
- Child therapy and teen counseling
- Psychiatry and medication management
Through counseling, therapy, and/or psychiatry services, we help with a range of mental health conditions and other challenges, including:
- Eating disorders
- LGBTQ+ issues
- Relationship problems
- Sexual abuse/issues
- Sleep problems
Our providers — from therapists/counselors to psychologists, psychiatrists, and nurse practitioners — specialize in a range of counseling approaches, but they’ll cater your treatment to your unique preferences and needs. They might utilize:
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT)
- Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR)
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Strength-based counseling
- Solution-focused therapy
- Christian counseling
- Emotionally-focused therapy
- Family systems
- Motivational interviewing
How Does Counseling Work? What Should I Expect?
Counseling varies from person-to-person, depending on their unique situation, preferences, and goals for therapy. Your Thriveworks counselor, therapist, or life coach will assess your presenting issue, consider your needs and desires, and then tailor your experience to best help you. Here are a few examples of what one’s mental health journey could look like:
- Lately, Erica’s mind has been racing. She wakes up to all of these troubling thoughts about her job, her relationships, and her purpose in life. She knows deep down that these thoughts aren’t true—that she’s doing well at work, serving her loved ones, and living a meaningful life, despite what her anxiety is telling her. But every morning she doubts herself and feels overwhelmed by the possibility that she’s failing in life. After a few weeks of these uncomfortable, troubling thoughts, Erika decides it’s time to see a counselor. After several sessions, she feels a calm come over. Her counselor teaches her several techniques for effectively managing anxious thoughts and feelings, which prove to help her each morning.
- Nate and Lindsay have been struggling to communicate. Their first few months of dating were free of adversity: they shared interests and hobbies, they enjoyed each other’s company, and they agreed on most things. But now, while they don’t fight, they each have a few changes in mind they’d like to make in the relationship. However, they’re both scared to rock the boat—and, so, after a brief discussion, they decide to employ the help of a couples counselor. Quickly, they learn how to communicate their wants and needs in the relationship. And they both find that the other is happy to meet in the middle, to compromise, to make changes that will benefit them both.
Can I See a Psychiatrist Online?
The licensed psychiatrists (MDs) at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Dover can meet with clients throughout virtual counseling for full assessments, follow-up appointments, online therapy sessions, and medication management appointments. These sessions take place over secure, HIPAA-compliant videoconferencing software, which enables clients to speak to their doctor from the comfort of their own home. Thriveworks psychiatrists can treat a number of mental health and behavioral conditions including attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), anxiety, major depression, and more. They might prescribe a medication like an antidepressant to support healthy brain functioning, or use psychotherapy approaches like cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT).
Schedule a Counseling or Psychiatry Session at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Dover
The providers at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Dover are all fully licensed in Delaware and dedicated to helping you overcome the challenges in your life. Their ultimate goal is to assist you in reaching a happier, healthier place and going on to achieve greater successes. Their training, skills, and experience qualify and enable them to accomplish this goal.
Do you think you could benefit from working with a mental health professional, be it a counselor, family therapist, or clinical psychologist? Are you interested in online counseling therapy opportunities? Reach out to Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Dover. Our providers are here to help you heal and overcome. Give us a call and schedule an appointment today. We look forward to meeting and working with you soon.
Where Is Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Dover Located?
Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Dover is located at 1326 S Governors Ave Suite A, Dover, DE 19904, at the intersection of Fiddlers Green.
If you have trouble finding our office or have any questions about how to get here, please don’t hesitate to reach out!