For those experiencing a difficult life situation, you want relief to come soon, not after weeks of leaving voicemails and hoping that one of the long lists of clinicians you’ve called has available appointments and can accept your insurance provider.
Thriveworks was founded to bring accessible, high-quality care to your counseling or psychiatry experience. We want to make sure that you experience the transformative benefits of mental health help as soon as possible. We’ll get you scheduled with a provider right away; new clients often meet with their therapist or psychiatrist within a week of scheduling. To get started, call Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Austin today or schedule online.
What Is the Difference Between Therapy, Counseling, and Psychiatry?
Therapy, provided by our counselors and therapists, addresses emotional and behavioral challenges using therapeutic techniques for mental well-being. Counseling, offered by counselors or therapists, focuses on specific issues and life adjustments, while psychiatry, led by our psychiatric nurse practitioners, involves diagnosing and treating mental health conditions with medication.
What Are the Types of Therapists You Can See?
While availability may vary, at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Austin, we offer:
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists (LMFTs): Focused on relationship and family-related issues.
- Licensed Clinical Social Workers (LCSW): Specialized in social work and counseling for individuals, families, and groups.
- Licensed Professional Counselors (LPCs): Trained to offer counseling services for various emotional and mental health issues.
When you connect with a provider at Thriveworks, you’ll be sharing your experience with an industry-leading expert; someone with the experience and professional insight you need to move forward.
How Do I Find the Right Therapist?
To find the right therapist or therapeutic approach at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Austin, browse our provider profiles, or contact your local office at (512) 601-5856 to discuss your needs and preferences with our helpful support team.
Are the Therapists at Thriveworks Licensed and Verified to Provide Therapy?
Yes, all of our therapists, counselors, and psychiatric nurse practitioners are licensed or in the process of receiving their licensure.
What Are the Benefits of Online Therapy and In-Person Therapy?
The benefits of online therapy include:
- Convenience and accessibility from anywhere
- Reduced travel time and costs
- Comfortable and familiar environment
- A wider selection of therapists to choose from
The benefits of in-person therapy include:
- Face-to-face interaction and non-verbal cues
- No reliance on internet connection or technology
- Privacy and confidentiality in a physical office
Signs I Should Go to Therapy
Some of the signs you might benefit from therapy or psychiatric services include:
- Persistent feelings of sadness, anxiety, or hopelessness
- Difficulty managing and coping with daily stress
- Strained or troubled relationships with family, friends, or partners
- Overwhelming grief after a significant loss
- Frequent mood swings, anger, or irritability
- Changes in appetite, sleep patterns, or energy levels
- Unresolved trauma or past experiences affecting your well-being
- Struggles with addictive behaviors or substance abuse
- Loss of interest in previously enjoyed activities
- Overwhelming feelings of guilt, shame, or worthlessness
Don’t hesitate to reach out to one of our providers if you’re feeling any of these symptoms.
What Should I Do If a Loved One Needs Help?
If you have a loved one who is in need of mental health services, you can help them by attempting to:
- Communicate openly and non-judgmentally
- Offer support and encourage them to seek professional help
- Research and connect them with appropriate resources
- Be patient and maintain a supportive presence throughout their journey to recovery
Our experienced therapists, counselors, and psychiatric nurse practitioners can assist—don’t hesitate to have the individual you love seek help and support.
How Much Does Therapy Cost?
At Thriveworks, we take most major forms of insurance, which means that many of our clients only pay $0-$50 co-pay per session. However, there are also self-pay options that sit around $200 per session (for both in-person and online sessions) depending on the service and location, for those who are out-of-network.
Could I Benefit from Mental Health Services?
Even during the best of times, one can still struggle, and while some people are doing extremely well, plenty of good people are going through difficult, dark times. This could include anything from depression to anxiety to grief to addiction to a divorce or breakup. The list goes on.
Thriveworks Counseling has built a reputation around the United States as a counseling and psychiatry practice that provides high-quality, sensitive care to clients. We’re glad to announce that we are also in Austin (in fact, we have several convenient Austin Counseling locations), and we’re introducing our high standard of care to the people in your city.
Why Choose Thriveworks?
Our fully-licensed Austin-based counselors offer extended service hours including mornings, evenings, and even weekends. There will be a live person to answer your call.
Extended Evening and Weekend Hours
Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Austin offers session times that suit your schedule, with appointments available during the daytime, evening, and on weekends.
Schedule a Session at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Austin Today
There’s always room in life for personal growth. There’s always a new goal we can reach for, and more ways to foster joy in our day-to-day activities. You can thrive. Reach out to Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Austin.