Bethlehem Counseling – Lehigh Valley Counselors, Therapists and Life Coaches
“Help and counseling for Anxiety, Depression, Addiction and Family issues”
Can you identify with any of these situations? Many people have chosen to work with a therapist, counselor, or coach as they face these and many other scenarios. A handful of reasons people have walked through the doors of Thriveworks Bethlehem include…
- Anger management
- Career advancement
- Child therapy
- Couples and marriage counseling
- DOT-SAP evaluation and assessment
- Eating disorders
- Executive coaching
- Family therapy
- Grief counseling
- Job loss
- Obsessive-compulsive tendencies
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Sexual identity
- Suspected abuse of a child
Have you ever wondered if there was more to life than a mundane, daily schedule? The possibilities for life are boundless. Establishing goals and going after your dreams can feel empowering and exciting. Dream your dreams; make your plans; live your life.
But if life’s possibilities are truly endless, then anything can happen—good or bad. Much of life is out of people’s control, and it is easy to retreat into a daily routine that feels safe. The potential can be scary and overwhelming. At times, life can feel stuck in a rut.
Life’s potential can be either frightening or exhilarating—and perhaps both at the same time. Feeling excitement and terror in life are normal experiences. Many people want to capture the exhilarating parts of their lives and manager their fears. Mental health services have guided many as they find the right balance for them.
Mental health professionals, including therapists, counselors, and coaches, want to see people thrive. Fear can keep people from achieving their goals and their dreams, but it does not have to. Thriveworks Bethlehem offers therapy, counseling, and coaching, and we love seeing our clients overcome life’s challenges.
What Do Mental Health Services Have to Offer?
A professional, objective perspective may help people see their lives more clearly. When problems are identified and acknowledged, people can find solutions and move forward.
Blaming other people may be the easiest response to life’s challenges, but it can leave people stuck. In most cases, the greatest barrier to people’s happiness and growth is themselves. Without a doubt, other people matter and external circumstances pose difficult challenges. However, people do not always have control over these, but they do have control over their own choices. People can overcome their self-imposed restrictions and thrive.
Making the decision to change and working on yourself takes courage, and it is ok to ask for help in the process. Many people need guidance on how, when, and what changes to make, and mental health therapists, counselors, and coaches can help. Social expectations may stigmatize mental health services as embarrassing or weak, but at Thriveworks Bethlehem, we know that prioritizing your well-being is smart.
Seeking help and making changes takes determination, strength, and usually, some help. Acknowledging a difficult reality and making necessary changes is often a short-term loss for a long-term gain. The discomfort people initially feel as they step out of their comfort zones often has a big payout. Consider these scenarios:
- You have a job that works for now, but you are not satisfied. You want to move up the corporate ladder but are not sure which path is best.
- Your loved one has passed away suddenly. Grief is a strange and difficult feeling. You have having trouble focusing at work and connecting with your family.
- After a big move, your teens are having trouble in their new school. They are great kids, but you are not sure how to help them adjust.
- You and your partner have been together for a while and are beginning to think about marriage. It’s a big decision, and you suggest meeting with a counselor before making the commitment.
- A stress relieving activity that you begin during a particularly difficult time in life has continued and grown into a serious addiction.
Mental Health at Thriveworks Bethlehem
Scheduling an appointment with a counselor or life coach for the first time may feel like stepping into another world. We get it, and we have worked to make the process as easy as possible. Many new clients see their therapist, coach, or counselor the day after their first call. If you need an after-hours appointment, we offer evening and weekend appointments. We also work with many insurance providers. We want everyone to receive the mental health care they need.
Once you have schedule an appointment, what can you expect from your sessions? Many clients work with their therapist, counselor, or coach to…
- Conquer a life’s difficulties and challenges.
- Clarify and work toward professional or personal dreams.
- Learn healthier relational skills.
- Enact positive changes.
When people attend to their mind and emotions, they usually experience an improvement in their overall well-being. Our mental health professionals may guide you toward the adjustments that are right for you. Whatever life has thrown at you, know that our caring and skilled professionals want to help. Call to get started.