The counselors, therapists, psychologists, and psychiatrists at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Georgetown understand that beginning mental health therapy can be a difficult decision. They also know that reaching out for help is courageous because life is hard. Everybody needs help along the way.
Have you considered scheduling a counseling or psychiatry appointment? The mental health professionals at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Georgetown give each client compassionate and experienced mental health care. Schedule a session today.
What Is the Difference Between Therapy, Counseling, and Psychiatry?
Therapy, provided by our counselors and therapists, addresses emotional and behavioral challenges using therapeutic techniques for mental well-being. Counseling, offered by counselors or therapists, focuses on specific issues and life adjustments, while psychiatry, led by our psychiatric nurse practitioners, involves diagnosing and treating mental health conditions with medication.
What Are the Types of Therapists You Can See?
At Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Georgetown, we offer:
- Licensed Mental Health Counselors (LMHCs): Trained to provide mental health counseling.
- Licensed Clinical Social Workers (LCSW): Specialized in social work and counseling for individuals, families, and groups.
- Licensed Professional Counselors (LPCs): Trained to offer counseling services for various emotional and mental health issues.
When you connect with a provider at Thriveworks, you’ll be sharing your experience with an industry-leading expert; someone with the experience and professional insight you need to move forward.
Who Can a Therapist or Psychiatrist Help?
Adversity in life is normal. Social media profiles usually only display the good in life, but everybody has hardship. Can you relate to any of these situations?
- Focusing and sleeping have become harder after a loved one died. Grief feels overwhelming and makes it harder to accomplish everyday tasks.
- After moving across states, a once free-spirited child is having a hard time adjusting, making new friends, and paying attention in school.
- Life partners who have been together for years are now considering marriage, but they want to meet with a professional as they decide.
- A job is unsatisfying, but is a career change worth the risk?
- What began as a stress-relieving activity has turned into a hidden addiction.
- After infidelity, a couple who has been married for many years is now considering whether to continue the marriage.
This list may or may not include the difficulties you are facing. Every person has individualized challenges and life goals. While each person is unique, no one has to tackle life’s challenges alone. Many people want to change their life for the better and need a little help along the way. Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Georgetown providers work with people who, like you, want to overcome life’s difficulties and live a more fulfilled life.
What Mental Health Issues Can a Psychiatrist Treat?
The licensed psychiatrists at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Georgetown are qualified to treat a wide range of mental health concerns like the following:
- Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Eating disorders
- Bipolar disorder (manic depression)
- Personality disorders
Thriveworks psychiatrists work with each individual to find a safe and effective treatment plan, whether that includes prescribed psychiatric medication, psychotherapy approaches like cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), or a hybrid approach.
How Do I Find the Right Therapist?
To find the right therapist or therapeutic approach at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Georgetown, browse our provider profiles, or contact your local office at (512) 488-1991 to discuss your needs and preferences with our helpful support team.
Are the Therapists at Thriveworks Licensed and Verified to Provide Therapy?
Yes, all of our therapists, counselors, and psychiatric nurse practitioners are licensed or in the process of receiving their licensure.
What Are the Benefits of Online Therapy and In-Person Therapy?
The benefits of online therapy include:
- Convenience and accessibility from anywhere
- Reduced travel time and costs
- Comfortable and familiar environment
- A wider selection of therapists to choose from
The benefits of in-person therapy include:
- Face-to-face interaction and non-verbal cues
- No reliance on internet connection or technology
- Privacy and confidentiality in a physical office
Signs I Should Go to Therapy
Some of the signs you might benefit from therapy or psychiatric services include:
- Persistent feelings of sadness, anxiety, or hopelessness
- Difficulty managing and coping with daily stress
- Strained or troubled relationships with family, friends, or partners
- Overwhelming grief after a significant loss
- Frequent mood swings, anger, or irritability
- Changes in appetite, sleep patterns, or energy levels
- Unresolved trauma or past experiences affecting your well-being
- Struggles with addictive behaviors or substance abuse
- Loss of interest in previously enjoyed activities
- Overwhelming feelings of guilt, shame, or worthlessness
Don’t hesitate to reach out to one of our providers if you’re feeling any of these symptoms.
What Should I Do If a Loved One Needs Help?
If you have a loved one who is need of mental health services, you can help them by attempting to:
Communicate openly and non-judgmentally
Offer support and encourage them to seek professional help
Research and connect them with appropriate resources
Be patient and maintain a supportive presence throughout their journey to recovery
Our experienced therapists, counselors, and psychiatric nurse practitioners can assist—don’t hesitate to have the individual you love seek help and support.
How Much Does Therapy Cost?
At Thriveworks, we take most major forms of insurance, which means that many of our clients only pay $0-$50 co-pay per session. However, there are also self-pay options that sit around $200 per session (for both in-person and online sessions) depending on the service and location, for those who are out-of-network.
Schedule a Session at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Georgetown
How do these changes sound to you? Are you ready for a better future? Are you ready for some guidance along the way? If so, the providers at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Georgetown have appointments available. Ready to start now? New clients are usually able to schedule an appointment within 24-48 hours of when they first call our office.
At our office, a real person will answer the phone during extended business hours – not an automated response or voicemail. That person can then match you with an experienced life coach, psychiatrist, therapist, or counselor who can address your specific needs.
Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Georgetown wants to establish a good working relationship with you from day one. We want to earn trust and show that we are ready to help. So, we offer weekend and night appointments and accept major insurance providers. We know that working on life’s challenges is hard enough. Scheduling an appointment shouldn’t make life harder.
The compassionate and professional providers at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Georgetown are ready to personalize their care to your needs. Call today to get going with in-person counseling, online therapy, or telepsychiatry.