Thriveworks Counseling, Psychiatry, and Mental Health Services in Chapel Hill
Think for a moment about all the different facets of your well-being and the professionals who may support you. Most people prioritize a healthy diet and may work with a nutritionist to find the foods that work for their unique body—someone with hypoglycemia is going to have different needs than someone with diabetes. Most people work with a primary care physician—they may seek help when they are sick or injured or for preventative care. Most people want to be physically strong, and they may work with a trainer or coach to find a weight training routine that targets their muscles in a particular way.
A few decades ago, the list may have ended here, but these days, many people are also working with a counselor, life coach, psychologist, or therapist. They are prioritizing their mental health as an integral part of their overall well-being.
The staff at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Chapel Hill agrees. Mental health care can improve people’s everyday lives and well-being. The counselors, psychiatrists, therapists, and life coaches at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Chapel Hill work with clients as they overcome their fears, anxiety, and symptoms and work toward their dreams!
If you think you could benefit from working with our professionals, we would love to hear from you. Call us today to schedule your appointment.
Finding Mental Health Help and Support for Life’s Challenges
Life can be a rollercoaster, and no one gets a free pass from its highs and lows. Hardships, setbacks, and roadblocks are normal, human experiences, but so is reaching out for help. Consider these scenarios:
- You really enjoy your job—you are good at it, and your coworkers are great. However, you are also feeling restless. Maybe this is the right job for you today, but what about in a year? Or two? Or Five? Making a job or career change feels really risky.
- Without warning, a loved family member passes away. Your world has changed on a dime, and it is hard to breathe. Most days, your attention is so scatted, it feels impossible to accomplish anything at work or at home.
- You are totally in love and have been dating your significant other for a few years now. Your relationship seems healthy and strong and ready for the next step, but marriage also feels overwhelming. You’d love to process this big decision with someone who has experience with long-term committed relationships.
- After a big move, your teens are having a hard time. They are good kids, but you are all of a sudden dealing with behavior issues you have never faced as a parent.
- Something that was a once-a-month stress relief has become a daily event. You want to stop or at least curb this habit, but every attempt you have made has failed. Within a few days, you are back at it.
Have you ever faced these scenarios or anything similar? Mental health professionals often help their clients tackle life’s biggest challenges, which can vary from person to person. Whatever it is, we would be happy to help you through it.
What Can Mental Health Care Look Like?
One of the most important factors in mental health care is the person who seeks it. Therapy, coaching, and counseling can look different depending upon the client’s individualized needs, and often, the best mental health treatment is unique and personalized. Nonetheless, new clients can expect a few general things.
For example, mental health care is a relationship, and like any relationship, trust must be established. This often begins with a time where clients can talk about what brought them to the appointment and what they may want to achieve during their time. Mental health professionals may follow up with questions about an individual’s career, physical health, family, spirituality, relationships, and/or past mental health.
What Mental Health Services Are Offered at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Chapel Hill?
Here’s a list of the main mental health services offered at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Chapel Hill:
- Individual counseling
- Couples therapy/marriage counseling
- Family counseling
- Child therapy and teen counseling
- Psychiatry and medication management
Through counseling, therapy, and/or psychiatry services, we help with a range of mental health conditions and other challenges, including:
- Depression and anxiety
- Eating disorders
- LGBTQ+ issues
- Relationship problems
- Sexual abuse/issues
- Sleep problems
Our providers — from therapists/counselors to psychologists, psychiatrists, and nurse practitioners — specialize in a range of counseling approaches, but they’ll cater your treatment to your unique preferences and needs. They might utilize:
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT)
- Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR)
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Strength-based counseling
- Solution-focused therapy
- Christian counseling
- Emotionally-focused therapy
- Family systems
- Motivational interviewing
Should I Consider Virtual Psychiatry Counseling From Thriveworks?
Are you experiencing physical symptoms as a result of anxiety, substance abuse, depression, or another mental health concern? If so, psychiatry counseling might be a great fit for you. Psychiatry deals with the diagnosis and treatment of a wide variety of mental health issues and their associated symptoms from a medical perspective.
Treatment for emotional, mental, and behavioral disorders often involves talk therapy of some form such as psychotherapy or cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT). Our telepsychiatrists can provide therapy directly or refer you to another mental health professional on our staff. They can also prescribe medication if it would be helpful for your situation.
If you think you’d benefit from the guidance of a psychiatrist, get in touch with us at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Chapel Hill. We look forward to speaking with you.
Schedule with Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Chapel Hill
If you would like a mental health professional by your side, navigating the rollercoaster of life, know that Thriveworks is ready to help. We have appointments available.
When you contact our office, you may be meeting with your therapist or psychiatrist the following day. Many new clients have their first appointment within 24 hours of their first call. We also offer evening and weekend appointments, and we accept most insurance plans.
Let’s get started. Contact Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Chapel Hill today.
Where Is Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Chapel Hill Located?
Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Chapel Hill is located at 1516 E Franklin St Suite 200, Chapel Hill, NC 27517. We currently share a building with Carolina Bank Home Mortgage and Christopher Meade Physical Therapy. If you have trouble finding our office or have any questions about how to get here, please don’t hesitate to reach out!