Chapel Hill Counseling—Mental Health Help in North Carolina
Think for a moment about all the different facets of your well-being and the professionals who may support you. Most people prioritize a healthy diet and may work with a nutritionist to find the foods that work for their unique body—someone with hypoglycemia is going to have different needs than someone with diabetes. Most people work with a primary care physician—they may seek help when they are sick or injured or for preventative care. Most people want to be physically strong, and they may work with a trainer or coach to find a weight training routine that targets their muscles in a particular way.
A few decades ago, the list may have ended here, but these days, many people are also working with a counselor, life coach, psychologist, or therapist. They are prioritizing their mental health as an integral part of their overall well-being.
The staff at Thriveworks Counseling in Chapel Hill, North Carolina agrees. Mental health care can improve people’s everyday lives and well-being. The counselors, therapists, and life coaches at Thriveworks Counseling work with clients as they overcome their fears, anxiety, and symptoms and work toward their dreams!
If you think you could benefit from working with our professionals, we would love to hear from you. Call us today to schedule your appointment.
Finding Mental Health Help and Support for Life’s Challenges
Life can be a rollercoaster, and no one gets a free pass from its highs and lows. Hardships, setbacks, and roadblocks are normal, human experiences, but so is reaching out for help. Consider these scenarios:
- You really enjoy your job—you are good at it, and your coworkers are great. However, you are also feeling restless. Maybe this is the right job for you today, but what about in a year? Or two? Or Five? Making a job or career change feels really risky.
- Without warning, a loved family member passes away. Your world has changed on a dime, and it is hard to breathe. Most days, your attention is so scatted, it feels impossible to accomplish anything at work or at home.
- You are totally in love and have been dating your significant other for a few years now. Your relationship seems healthy and strong and ready for the next step, but marriage also feels overwhelming. You’d love to process this big decision with someone who has experience with long-term committed relationships.
- After a big move, your teens are having a hard time. They are good kids, but you are all of a sudden dealing with behavior issues you have never faced as a parent.
- Something that was a once-a-month stress relief has become a daily event. You want to stop or at least curb this habit, but every attempt you have made has failed. Within a few days, you are back at it.
Have you ever faced these scenarios or anything similar? Mental health professionals often help their clients tackle life’s biggest challenges, of which can vary from person to person. Whatever it is, we would b e happy to help you through it.
What Can Mental Health Care Look Like?
One of the most important factors in mental health care is the person who seeks it. Therapy, coaching, and counseling can look different depending upon the client’s individualized needs, and often, the best mental health treatment is unique and personalized. Nonetheless, new clients can expect a few general things.
For example, mental health care is a relationship, and like any relationship, trust must be established. This often begins with a time where clients can talk about what brought them to the appointment and what they may want to achieve during their time. Mental health professionals may follow up with questions about an individual’s career, physical health, family, spirituality, relationships, and/or past mental health.
As the therapeutic relationship progresses, clients often present a specific scenario that is happening or has happened in their lives, and together, the professional and the client process it. For example,
- When clients are fighting a diagnosis, like Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder, or when they are dealing with the residual effects of trauma, therapy may focus upon healing. With care and respect, the therapist may help clients identify the roots of the problem as well as develop healthy coping skills.
- When clients want to achieve a professional or personal goal, therapy may focus upon self-discovery. When clients know their strengths and weaknesses, they have an accurate self-image. They can plan a path toward the goal that is grounded in reality.
- When clients are battling impulsive behaviors and/or an addiction, therapy may focus upon attachment and accountability. When clients establish relationships where they will be held accountable for their choices, then they begin to feel the pain of the compulsion. At the same time, the addiction began for a reason. Therapists can help clients explore what voids they may be filling with compulsive behavior and then learn how to fill it in a healthy way.
Schedule Therapy or Life Coaching at Thriveworks Counseling in Chapel Hill, NC
If you would like a mental health professional by your side, navigating the rollercoaster of life, know that Thriveworks is ready to help. We have appointments available.
When you contact our office, you may be meeting with your therapist the following day. Many new clients have their first appointment within 24 hours of their first call. We also offer evening and weekend appointments, and we accept most insurance plans.
Let’s get started. Contact Thriveworks Counseling in Chapel Hill, NC today.
Our Clients Get More
We call this The Thriveworks Difference
|Thriveworks||Typical Counseling Practice|
|Offices open early and late|
|Same- or next-day appointments|
|Appointments start on time||Unlikely|
|Care at 100+ locations|
|Phone access to your provider between sessions|
|Email access to your provider between sessions|
|Providers that accept major insurance plans|
|Online counseling opportunities||Unlikely|
|Ask-a-coach 24hr Q&A|
|Text support via our Success Navigator|
|Exclusive video content|
|Counselor-moderated community discussion|
|Ultra-flexible 23.5hr cancellations|
|A free e-copy of “Leaving Depression Behind”|