Think back to a time when you were in pain: your mind might immediately pull in a memory from childhood of you falling off your bike, or memory from just the other day of you bumping your thigh on the side of your bed frame. In any case, you likely tended to your injury and cared for it the way you needed to. You put a bandage on any cuts and ice on any bruises—and, as a result, there are no major outstanding injuries or complications today.
We tend to our physical pain with care and with urgency, but the same can’t be said for our mental or emotional pain. Instead of working to recover from our internal pain (as we would our physical pain), we tend to brush it to the side. We refuse to face it head-on and hope that the pain, as well as the cause of injury, will resolve itself. In reality, though, resolving mental or emotional pain takes real care and intervention, just as resolving physical pain does! And sometimes, this intervention involves working with a therapist, counselor, or psychologist.
Our therapists and counselors have the knowledge, skills, and training to help you achieve greater happiness and success in life. If you think you could benefit from working with a mental health professional, to properly resolve or manage a mental roadblock or emotional pain, give our office a call today. We are conveniently located near the Delray Beach area and we are ready to help you, in in-person counseling or online counseling—whichever you prefer.
What Is the Difference Between Therapy, Counseling, and Psychiatry?
Therapy, provided by our counselors and therapists, addresses emotional and behavioral challenges using therapeutic techniques for mental well-being. Counseling, offered by counselors or therapists, focuses on specific issues and life adjustments, while psychiatry, led by our psychiatric nurse practitioners, involves diagnosing and treating mental health conditions with
What Are the Types of Therapists You Can See?
While availability may vary, at Thriveworks Boca Raton, we offer:
- Licensed Mental Health Counselors (LMHCs): Trained to provide mental health counseling.
- Licensed Clinical Social Workers (LCSW): Specialized in social work and counseling for individuals, families, and groups
When you connect with a provider at Thriveworks, you’ll be sharing your experience with an industry-leading expert; someone with the experience and professional insight you need to move forward.
How Do I Find the Right Therapist?
To find the right therapist or therapeutic approach at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Boca Raton, browse our provider profiles, or contact your local office at (561) 566-6801 to discuss your needs and preferences with our helpful support team.
Are the Therapists at Thriveworks Licensed and Verified to Provide Therapy?
Yes, all of our therapists, counselors, and psychiatric nurse practitioners are licensed or in the process of receiving their licensure.
What Are the Benefits of Online Therapy and In-Person Therapy?
The benefits of online therapy include:
- Convenience and accessibility from anywhere
- Reduced travel time and costs
- Comfortable and familiar environment
- A wider selection of therapists to choose from
The benefits of in-person therapy include:
- Face-to-face interaction and non-verbal cues
- No reliance on internet connection or technology
- Privacy and confidentiality in a physical office
Signs I Should Go to Therapy
Some of the signs you might benefit from therapy or psychiatric services include:
- Persistent feelings of sadness, anxiety, or hopelessness
- Difficulty managing and coping with daily stress
- Strained or troubled relationships with family, friends, or partners
- Overwhelming grief after a significant loss
- Frequent mood swings, anger, or irritability
- Changes in appetite, sleep patterns, or energy levels
- Unresolved trauma or past experiences affecting your well-being
- Struggles with addictive behaviors or substance abuse
- Loss of interest in previously enjoyed activities
- Overwhelming feelings of guilt, shame, or worthlessness
Don’t hesitate to reach out to one of our providers if you’re feeling any of these symptoms.
What Should I Do If a Loved One Needs Help?
If you have a loved one who is need of mental health services, you can help them by attempting to:
- Communicate openly and non-judgmentally
- Offer support and encourage them to seek professional help
- Research and connect them with appropriate resources
- Be patient and maintain a supportive presence throughout their journey to recovery
- Our experienced therapists, counselors, and psychiatric nurse practitioners can assist—don’t hesitate to have the individual you love seek help and support.
How Much Does Therapy Cost?
At Thriveworks, we take most major forms of insurance, which means that many of our clients only pay $0-$50 co-pay per session. However, there are also self-pay options that sit around $200 per session (for both in-person and online sessions) depending on the service and location, for those who are out-of-network.
Psychological Testing and Assessment
In addition to our counseling services, we are also happy to offer psychological testing and assessment. Psychological testing can help us understand why we might behave, act, or think a certain way. It can lead to the diagnosis and treatment of a mental health condition, acceptance into a private school or higher-grade level, and in general, a better understanding of oneself!
Schedule an Appointment at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Boca Raton
At Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Boca Raton, we believe that everyone can benefit in one way or another from working with a professional counselor, therapist, or coach. Depression counseling, family therapy, couples counseling, life coaching, or another mental health service could make a huge, meaningful difference in your life. Call today to schedule your first in-person counseling or online counseling appointment—we look forward to working with you.