Mental Health Care in Colorado Springs, CO—Therapists, Life Coaches, and Counselors
What professionals care for your health and well-being? If you are like most people, you probably have a primary care physician who gives you preventative care and is available when you are sick. You may have a specialized physician you see as well—an oncologist, endocrinologist, cardiologist, or Ob/Gyn. Many people also work with a nutritionist or a trainer at their gym to ensure that their physical health is supported by good exercising and eating habits. A few decades ago, the list may have ended here, but more and more, people are including a mental health professional as a part of their wellness plan. Life coaches, therapists, and counselors can often give people mental health care that supports their overall well-being.
“Mental health can be just as important as physical health.”
—Physician and author, Michael Greger
The life coaches, therapists, and counselors at Thriveworks Colorado Springs agree. People are whole beings. Their minds and bodies are interconnected. Just as physical health is a priority, so is mental health. Unfortunately, a negative stereotype once surrounded mental health care. People who saw a therapist or who struggled with mental illness were once labeled as weak. However, like the old cliché says, when we know better, we do better. People are learning more and more about how mental illness can strike anyone at any time, just as physical illness can. Reaching out for help is not a sign of weakness but of strength. Through counseling, therapy, or life coaching, many people are experiencing relief from their mental illness, personal growth, professional advancement, improved relationships, and more. At Thriveworks Colorado Springs, we love being a part of our clients’ journey toward healing and growth.
Mental Health Care and Life’s Challenges
If there is one thing all people can rely upon, it is that life is full of highs and lows, challenges and joys, setbacks and opportunities. Difficulties are a given. Opportunities are a given. But how people respond to the adversity is up to them. Take a moment to consider these situations. What would it look like to have help, support, and guidance to navigate them?
- Your current position is an excellent fit for your skills and experience. At least, it is for now, but you are wondering what might be next.
- After relocating to be near family, your kids are having a hard time adjusting. They are good kids, but since the move, they have been different. You’ve tried everything to help them adapt.
- Cancer took your best friend and dearest confidant in this world. Who knew grief could feel like this? Even breathing takes effort.
- You are 100 percent head over heels for your significant other. After dating for a few years, you have moved in together, and you are talking about next steps. Marriage feels right, but it also feels like a big decision.
- You acknowledge that this is a problem. It started as an occasional stress-relief, but now, it is out of control. You’ve tried to curb it, but every inch you gain is lost within a few days.
What is happening in your life right now? Perhaps you can relate to one of these situations. Perhaps you are facing something entirely different. Wherever you are on life’s rollercoaster, what would it look like to have a mental health professional by your side, helping you navigate the challenges and the opportunities? Many people are realizing the benefits of caring for their mind and emotions, and they are reaching out to work with a life coach, therapist, or counselor.
What Might Mental Health Care Involve?
When people work with a mental health professional, the therapist, counselor, and life coach often work hard to establish trust. In order to offer holistic and personalized care, clinicians must know their clients well, and they must create a space where their clients feel safe to share honestly about their experiences. While hardships and opportunities are a given in life, the exact details those take within a person’s life are unique. A few examples of the reasons that clients have pursued mental health care at Thriveworks Colorado Springs includes…
- Grief counseling
- Anger management
- Child therapy
- Cannabis use
- Eating disorders
- Obsessive-compulsive tendencies
- Suspected abuse of a child
- Job loss
- Executive coaching
- Psychiatric testing
- Couples and marriage counseling
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Career advancement
- LGBTQ sensitive counseling
- Family tension
Once trust is established, the client and the therapist can work together to find goals for the time and formulate a treatment plan. For example, clients who are dealing with past trauma or mental illness may have a treatment plan that focuses upon healing. Clients who want to advance in their career may have a treatment plan that focuses upon self-discovery, learning about their own strengths and weaknesses.
Setting Up an Appointment for Mental Health Care at Thriveworks Colorado Springs
Are you ready to meet with a life coach, therapist, or counselors, know that Thriveworks Colorado Springs is ready too. When you call our office, there are a few important things to know…
- A person will answer your call and help you schedule an appointment (there’s no voicemail or automated response system).
- New clients may meet with their coach, counselor, or therapist within 24 hours.
- Weekend and evening appointments are available.
- We accept most forms of insurance.
- You will never be put on a waitlist (because we don’t have one).
Let’s work together. Call Thriveworks Colorado Springs today.
Our Clients Get More
We call this The Thriveworks Difference
|Thriveworks||Typical Counseling Practice|
|Offices open early and late|
|Same- or next-day appointments|
|Appointments start on time||Unlikely|
|Care at 90+ locations|
|Phone access to your provider between sessions|
|Email access to your provider between sessions|
|Providers that accept major insurance plans|
|Online counseling opportunities||Unlikely|
|Ask-a-coach 24hr Q&A|
|Exclusive video content|
|Counselor-moderated community discussion|
|Ultra-flexible 23.5hr cancellations|
|A free e-copy of “Leaving Depression Behind”|