In-Person and Online Counseling in Atlanta, GA (Smyrna)—Counselors, Therapists, and Psychologists
“How are you doing?” “Oh, I’m just fine.” “I’m good.” “I’m doing alright.” We ask several people a day how they’re doing and answer this question in return, but rarely do we answer it honestly. If we did answer honestly, our responses would probably look something like this:
- “I’m struggling today. I had a bad start thanks to traffic, spilled coffee, and a screaming toddler!”
- “I’m feeling a little sad. I got into a pretty bad fight with my girlfriend earlier today.”
- “I’ve had better days. Work is so busy and the stress is really starting to get to me.”
- “I’m doing my best to keep it together, but I’m feeling sad a lot lately.”
We’ve learned to give a straightforward, simple response instead, as not to extend the conversation about how we’re really feeling. Which is okay—if you don’t want to talk to your coworkers, your friends, or others about how you’re feeling, you certainly don’t have to. However, it is important that you pay attention to your actual feelings and when you aren’t feeling fine, good, or alright, you get to the bottom of it. This is what matters: how we respond to and manage our obstacles.
Counseling has to do with intuition, with work on oneself, with the quietness of one’s mind and the openness of one’s heart. –Ram Dass
Now, if you do want to talk to someone, but you don’t want that someone to be a loved one, consider talking to a counselor. Counselors are trained mental health professionals who talk to people for a living! They can help you understand, manage, and work through your emotions or any mental health challenges that you might be experiencing. If you think you could find benefit in working with a counselor (or another mental health professional), reach out to Thriveworks Atlanta, GA (Smyrna). We’ve got you covered. Just call our office and we’ll set you up with one of our providers, of whom will provide you with the care you’re looking for.
What Are My Counseling Options at Thriveworks Atlanta, GA (Duluth)?
The team at Thriveworks Atlanta Counseling understands from firsthand experience just how varied our experiences in this world can be. For example, one person might have a picture-perfect childhood, but struggle to find happiness or fulfillment in adulthood. Another individual might suffer from a traumatic childhood, but feel safe in his or her relationships and environment in adulthood. We offer a wide range of counseling options to address these varying needs. For example, we can provide our clients with:
- Counseling for mental health conditions like anxiety and depression
- Therapy for couples who are struggling with relationship issues
- Grief counseling for those who have lost a beloved individual or even job
- Trauma and PTSD counseling for those who experience traumatic events
- Family therapy and child therapy for families, kids, adolescents, and teens
- Life and career coaching for people lacking life success or satisfaction
We offer other mental health services, too. When you call to schedule your appointment, you can tell your scheduling specialist a little bit about what’s led to your decision to begin counseling and they can set you up with a counselor who is best prepared to help you. Your counselor will keep your specific needs and goals in mind as they design your treatment plan and work with you in each session.
How Is Counseling at Thriveworks Atlanta, GA (Smyrna) Beneficial?
The perks of counseling at Thriveworks Atlanta, GA (Smyrna) are aplenty. In addition to the relationship you will embark on with a skilled, caring, compassionate mental health professional, you will enjoy:
- Flexible scheduling options, including evening and weekend appointments
- Online counseling, by phone and video. If you’d like to try out virtual counseling, we are happy to help you in an online medium.
- Text support, in which our scheduling options will ensure your positive experience with your counselor. You can also text us anytime about billing questions or to cancel, reschedule an appointment.
If you’re ready to begin this journey, reach out to Thriveworks Atlanta. We are dedicated to helping the people of Atlanta, and we would be honored to help you.
Set Up a Counseling Appointment at Thriveworks Atlanta, GA (Smyrna)
How are you today? No, actually—how are you really feeling? If you’re feeling stressed, sad, angry, or experiencing any number of tough emotions consider talking to a Thriveworks Atlanta, GA (Smyrna) counselor about it. We can help you manage these emotions and also step in as a support system.
To schedule your first appointment at Thriveworks Atlanta, GA (Smyrna), just contact our office. We’re here and we’re ready to help.
Our Clients Get More
We call this The Thriveworks Difference
|Thriveworks||Typical Counseling Practice|
|Offices open early and late|
|Same- or next-day appointments|
|Appointments start on time||Unlikely|
|Care at 100+ locations|
|Phone access to your provider between sessions|
|Email access to your provider between sessions|
|Providers that accept major insurance plans|
|Online counseling opportunities||Unlikely|
|Ask-a-coach 24hr Q&A|
|Text support via our Success Navigator|
|Exclusive video content|
|Counselor-moderated community discussion|
|Ultra-flexible 23.5hr cancellations|
|A free e-copy of “Leaving Depression Behind”|