Exercise is a crucial component to your physical health. But have you ever focused upon your mental health with the same drive as you do exercising to stay fit? Like physical health, your mental health takes acknowledgement and focus. And maintaining your mental health takes time and effort.
“Healing isn’t about changing who you are; it’s about changing your relationship to who you are. A fundamental part of that is honoring how you feel.”
– Suzanne Heyn
It is important to monitor your moods and how you feel. If you notice that you haven’t been feeling like yourself, it is time to figure out why. At Thriveworks Woodstock, we know just how important mental health is, and we offer premium mental health care to support our clients. We want to help you get to the bottom of whatever it is that is challenging you.
Could I Benefit from Working with a Counselor or Therapist?
Anyone—yes, anyone—can benefit from counseling or life coaching. There are so many obstacles and challenges we face daily and learning how to tackle each one is key to a healthy, happy life. Deciding that you need a little guidance is not something anyone should be ashamed of. People seek counseling for many different reasons, and at Thriveworks Woodstock, we understand that no two people are the same. Our counselors help clients with a wide range of challenges including:
- Depression, anxiety, or another mental illness
- Relationship issues
- Negative thinking patterns
- Grief and loss
- Major life transitions
- Anger management
- Problematic habits or behaviors
- Lack of self-esteem
- Substance abuse
- Feelings of loneliness
Any of the items on this list may or may not have struck home with you. Either way, a counselor or therapist can help you with practically any issue you are experiencing. They know that every person is unique, and they are equipped with the tools necessary to assist you in overcoming whatever you are facing.
Here are a few examples of how a counselor or therapist at Thriveworks Woodstock can help you:
- Have you been feeling really down lately and aren’t quite sure why? Nothing seems to be going right at work, home, or in your social life. You feel like you have been stuck in a never-ending downward spiral. You see a counselor at Thriveworks Woodstock, and they tell you that you are battling depression. But not to worry because you are not alone, they are there to help you and lead you on the path to a happier lifestyle. 2 million adults in America are battling some sort of depressive disorder. Your counselor can help you learn to cope with the hard times and celebrate the good times.
- Marriage is a huge commitment between two people, and let’s face it, it isn’t always easy. A successful marriage takes time, communication, and trust; if the time isn’t spent trying to grow together your marriage could struggle. At Thriveworks Woodstock, our marriage counselors will help you and your significant other work on opening your lines of communication in order to ease future conflicts. Our clinicians will develop a clear plan for each couple they work with based on their unique needs.
- Everyone experiences stress at one point or another. Stress can be motivating when it deals with completing a task in a timely manner, but if someone experiences too much stress, it can be harmful to their mental health. Our clinicians at Thriveworks Woodstock can help discover the root of your stress and provide you with techniques to cope and handle stressful times.
Schedule a Session at Thriveworks Woodstock
Seeking counseling is an important decision, and we know that. We are ready to help you take steps towards a happier, healthier life.
At Thriveworks Woodstock we strive to create a personalized treatment plan for every patient in whatever challenge they are facing. We accept many different insurance plans as well as offer flexible hours with weekend and evening availability.
We want our clients to get the help they need as soon as possible. So, if you think you could benefit from working with a counselor, call to schedule an appointment today. New clients often have their first appointment within 24 hours.