Counseling and Coaching – Therapy and Mental Health Services, Reston, VA
It doesn’t take long to figure out that life can be complicated. Family is complicated. Friendships are complicated. Work is complicated. We are complicated. What takes longer to figure out is how to manage this complicated life in a healthy way. Understandably, most people turn to what they know and what they have been taught: defensiveness, arguing, feeling defeated, isolating themselves, and then starting the process all over again.
Relationships are difficult, but they are also inescapable. We have relationships at work, at home, and even with ourselves. Every relationships is fraught with emotional issues, and when people turn to those typical coping strategies, they often have difficulties with relationships and their feelings of isolation escalate. Instead of truly connecting with themselves and others, they never move past talking about the weather. Difficulty connecting underlies many professional and personal problems.
Have you ever heard someone say they feel lonely even though they are surrounded by people? Have you felt that way yourself? Most people have. At Thriveworks Reston, VA, our counselors have helped many clients connect with themselves — their own thoughts and feelings — and then connect with others on a deeper level. We love seeing our clients grow and experience a happier, more connected life.
Why Counseling in Reston, VA?
Growth usually involves change, and change usually involves discomfort. Even if the change is worth it, it can be a painful experience. That’s why many people reach out for a counselor’s guidance as they learn and implement new emotional skills in their lives. A Thriveworks Reston, VA professional can guide their clients toward what changes are needed and which will have the most impact in their lives. Many people find that our counselors provide the guidance and support they need to overcome problems they have faced for years. Over time, many Thriveworks Reston, VA clients enjoy their coaching or counseling session and look forward to it each week.
Some people come to our office because they know something is not right in their lives; they do not know exactly what the problem is, but they are ready to explore what it might be. Others come with a specific problem they want to solve. There is no “right” reason to reach out for help. Counseling has benefitted people facing all kinds of circumstances. Some (but not all!) of those circumstances include:
- Panic attacks
- Post traumatic stress disorder
- Career coaching
- Couples counseling
- Eating disorders
- Obsessive-compulsive tendencies
- Grief counseling
- Parenting challenges
- Anger management
- Divorce recovery
- Addiction issues
- Life coaching
- Job loss
Each person’s life is unique and personal. It is hard to summarize problems in a bullet point list or with a few words. Know that whether the specific circumstances you are facing right now was listed or not, the Thriveworks Reston, VA Providers have the training and experience to attend to your particular problem or goal. We combine expertise with compassion to tailor care to each individual client.
What If Someone I Love Is Struggling?
When someone we love is having a hard time, their struggle can affect our lives. Especially within families, but also among friends, helping a loved one who has a major mental health problem or an addiction can be tricky. Even well-intentioned offers of help can end up hurting you or your loved one. Neil Sedaka promised that love will keep us together, but when families and friends face a loved one’s addiction or mental health problem, reaching out for counseling is probably a good idea too. Love may cover a multitude of problems, but some problems need a professional’s care.
Thriveworks Reston, VA’s counselors have helped families work through a variety of circumstances, including …
- A rebellious teen who exceeds normal teenage independence and is having trouble being a part of the family. If a parent or caregiver feels that something more might be going on with their teen, they should act on that feeling. Thriveworks Reston, VA’s professionals have experience helping parents navigate these tricky decisions.
- When a younger child has been abused, their behavior may seem off or regressive. They most likely cannot talk about the experience but display their overwhelming feelings in difficult behavior. Our Thriveworks professionals can meet children on their level, carefully helping them feel safe and get the help they need.
- When a loved is addicted or struggling with another serious mental health problem, helping them can feel overwhelming and confusing. For your loved one to overcome their own difficulties, they need to seek help for themselves. No one can change another person. But anyone can find help for themself, and Thriveworks Reston, VA counselors have guided many clients on how to help their loved one without hurting them or themselves. When the loved one wants professional help, we will be there for them too.
Why Thriveworks Reston, VA Counseling and Coaching?
Many professionals offer counseling and coaching services. The options may even feel limitless and overwhelming. Know that we value our clients, and it shows in how we run our office.
When you call, you will reach a person — not a voicemail, not a robot. This person will take your information with care and sensitivity and will be able to schedule your first appointment, sometimes within 24 hours. We also do not keep a waitlist. When you are ready to see your therapist, we know it can’t wait. We also know not everyone can make an appointment during business hours, so we offer evening and weekend sessions.
Making important life changes can be hard, so asking for help during the process shouldn’t be. Call Thriveworks Reston, VA today to get started.