Acknowledging and understanding difficult emotions and experiences may be the first step toward a happier, more fulfilled life—and mental health services can help you with that. Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Allentown mental health counseling helps clients overcome life’s challenges and thrive.
They can help you do so in in-person counseling, online counseling, or virtual psychiatry—schedule your first session today.
Should I Work With a Therapist?
Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Allentown individualizes treatment plans to fit each person’s unique needs, difficulties, and dreams. Therapy is not a quick fix or formula. There is no magic that can miraculously turn hardship into an easy life. But with time and effort, Thriveworks Allentown counselors and psychiatric providers can work with their clients to achieve important mental health goals. Sometimes, those goals are to:
- Examine and work through troubling relationships and circumstances.
- Clarify professional and personal goals, then formulate a plan to achieve those goals.
- Grasp new coping and interpersonal skills that can replace destructive behavior patterns.
Some people schedule a session at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Allentown because they are ready for help as they manage a mental health challenge. Others walk through our doors because life has thrown them a curveball, and they are trying to figure out their new normal. Some are not exactly sure why they want to see a counselor, but they know something in their life is not quite right. They are ready for help figuring out a better way.
Regardless of the reason you are thinking about pursuing therapy, Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Allentown professionals will put their expertise to work for you.
What Is the Difference Between Therapy, Counseling, and Psychiatry?
Therapy, provided by our counselors and therapists, addresses emotional and behavioral challenges using therapeutic techniques for mental well-being. Counseling, offered by counselors or therapists, focuses on specific issues and life adjustments, while psychiatry, led by our psychiatric nurse practitioners, involves diagnosing and treating mental health conditions with medication.
What Are the Types of Therapists You Can See?
In Allentown, PA, there are a number of different types of therapists and counselors, including:
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists (LMFTs): Specialized in marriage and family therapy, addressing conflict within families and couples while also providing treatment for other mental health concerns.
- Licensed Clinical Social Workers (LCSWs): Specialized in social work and counseling for individuals, families, and groups.
- Licensed Professional Counselors (LPCs): Trained to offer counseling services for various emotional and mental health issues.
When you connect with a provider at Thriveworks, you’ll be sharing your experience with an industry-leading expert; someone with the experience and professional insight you need to move forward.
How Do I Find the Right Therapist?
To find the right therapist or therapeutic approach at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Allentown, browse our provider profiles, or contact your local office at (484) 246-8451 to discuss your needs and preferences with our helpful support team.
Are the Therapists at Thriveworks Licensed and Verified to Provide Therapy?
Yes, all of our therapists, counselors, and psychiatric nurse practitioners are licensed or in the process of receiving their licensure under the supervision of a licensed mental health professional.
What Are the Benefits of Online Therapy and In-Person Therapy?
The benefits of online therapy include:
- Convenience and accessibility from anywhere
- Reduced travel time and costs
- Comfortable and familiar environment
- A wider selection of therapists to choose from
The benefits of in-person therapy include:
- Face-to-face interaction and non-verbal cues
- No reliance on internet connection or technology
- Privacy and confidentiality in a physical office
Signs I Should Go to Therapy
Some of the signs you might benefit from therapy or psychiatric services include:
- Persistent feelings of sadness, anxiety, or hopelessness
- Difficulty managing and coping with daily stress
- Strained or troubled relationships with family, friends, or partners
- Overwhelming grief after a significant loss
- Frequent mood swings, anger, or irritability
- Changes in appetite, sleep patterns, or energy levels
- Unresolved trauma or past experiences affecting your well-being
- Struggles with addictive behaviors or substance abuse
- Loss of interest in previously enjoyed activities
- Overwhelming feelings of guilt, shame, or worthlessness
Don’t hesitate to reach out to one of our providers if you’re feeling any of these symptoms.
What Should I Do If a Loved One Needs Help?
If you have a loved one who is in need of mental health services, you can help them by attempting to:
- Communicate openly and non-judgmentally
- Offer support and encourage them to seek professional help
- Research and connect them with appropriate resources
- Be patient and maintain a supportive presence throughout their journey to recovery
Our experienced therapists, counselors, and psychiatric nurse practitioners can assist—don’t hesitate to have the individual you love seek help and support.
How Much Does Therapy Cost?
At Thriveworks, we take most major forms of insurance, which means that many of our clients only pay $0-$50 co-pay per session. However, there are also self-pay options that sit around $200 per session (for both in-person and online sessions) depending on the service and location, for those who are out-of-network.
Scheduling a Session at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Allentown
For many, taking that first step to call a counseling office takes courage. We get it and want to help. From your first call, we try to make the counseling experience as supportive as possible. Here are a few things you can expect.
- A scheduling specialist (e.g., real person) will answer the phone.
- You will never be put on a waitlist (because there are none).
- We accept most major insurance providers.
- We will schedule your appointment as soon as possible, often within a week of calling.
When you are ready, Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Allentown is ready for your call. Call today for in-person counseling or online therapy/psychiatry.