Counselors and Therapists in Rock Hill, SC—Mental Health Services at Thriveworks
The philosophy at Thriveworks is that everyone can benefit from working with a skilled, dedicated mental health professional. This proves true for people struggling to cope with symptoms of depression and anxiety, newlyweds facing challenges in their relationship, kids struggling to make friends at a new school, and so many others. Whatever it is that’s causing stress or negatively impacting your life, a caring counselor, therapist, or life coach can help.
“Healing takes time and asking for help is a courageous step.” –Mariska Hargitay
The counselors, therapists, and life coaches at Thriveworks Rock Hill have extensive mental health knowledge, training, and experience. Additionally, they possess specific skillsets and specialties which enable them to help their clients with a range of challenges, some of which are mentioned above. Whether you are interested in individual therapy, couples counseling, life coaching, online counseling therapy, or another service, the clinicians at Thriveworks Rock Hill can help.
Do I Need Mental Health Help? How Can I Benefit?
We touched on a few challenges that a counselor, therapist, or life coach can help you address, from harmful symptoms of a mental disorder to relationship problems to big life transitions. Whatever the problem, a mental health professional will offer you guidance and assist you in coming up with a plan for moving forward. Ultimately, they will help improve and/or sustain your mental health and wellbeing. Now, here are a few broad topics that are often discussed in counseling:
- Harmful symptoms of a mental illness
- Negative thoughts
- Harmful habits/behaviors
- Substance abuse or addiction
- General unhappiness
- Lack of life satisfaction
Remember, this list merely summarizes common challenges addressed in counseling. In reality, you can talk to your counselor about anything that’s bothering you or on your mind. Their aim is to understand how you’re feeling and what you’re going through, so they can then design treatment to best help you. Here’s a look at how counseling has helped others and how it might help you:
- Samantha feels like she doesn’t belong. She moved to the big apple exactly a month ago and has yet to make any friends. Her coworkers seem nice enough, but nobody has gone out on a limb to invite her to any after-work activities, and she doesn’t feel right about entering herself into their social circle. So, she continues to go to work each day and then return home only to lounge on the couch all night with her cat. Soon enough, she starts to feel debilitated by her lonely feelings and she decides she must do something about it. After working up the courage, Samantha schedules an appointment with a counselor. She explains her recent move and how she’s been feeling; her counselor helps her identify some new strategies for socializing and remedying those lonely feelings. Samantha starts to frequent the local yoga studio after work and quickly makes friends with the instructor. Additionally, she spends her free-time engaging in other self-care activities, versus wasting time on the couch each night. Quickly, she starts to feel happy again and hopeful about her future.
- Josh and Shelby started dating two years ago, after they frequently ran into each other at a local park. They loved to spend time outside and were constantly seeking out new adventures. Lately, though, Josh wasn’t up for any new adventures. He preferred to stay inside with the blinds closed. And anytime Shelby pushed him to get up off the couch or out of bed, he barely responded. She hoped that this was just a phase that would pass, but after a few weeks of this strange behavior, Shelby realized there was something really wrong with her boyfriend. One night, she sat him down and expressed her concerns. Fortunately, her concerns resonated with Josh and motivated him to talk to a counselor. Though he was skeptical at first, Josh found counseling to be incredibly helpful. His counselor diagnosed him with depression and brought his attention to the negative thoughts that fueled it. In each session, they broke down his thoughts and his counselor helped him adopt a more positive way of thinking, which helped Josh exponentially. He started to feel more like himself again and couldn’t wait to get back outside with Shelby.
Schedule a Session at Thriveworks Rock Hill
The providers at Thriveworks are dedicated to helping you live a happy, successful life. They truly care about your mental health and overall wellbeing and want to help you through counseling, therapy, or life coaching. If you think that you could benefit from mental health help, schedule an in-person or online counseling session at Thriveworks Rock Hill. You will receive quality mental health care and exceptional customer service. Additionally, you’ll find that scheduling your appointment is quick and easy: we offer evening and weekend appointments to best accommodate our clients’ schedules, and you can move or cancel your appointment with just a 23.5 hours’ notice. What do you say, are you ready to set up a session? Give us a call at (803) 368-6499 today.