At Thriveworks, we provide tailored counseling and psychiatry services for your mental well-being and growth. Our team of skilled therapists and psychiatric professionals offers personalized support to help navigate life’s challenges. Whether it’s specific concerns or deeper mental health exploration, Thriveworks commits to partnering with you.
Our collaborative approach, blending evidence-based practices and compassionate care, aims to empower you. Scheduling an appointment with Thriveworks isn’t just seeking help; it’s a proactive step towards a more fulfilling life, supported by dedicated professionals. Book your session today.
What Is the Difference Between Therapy, Counseling, and Psychiatry?
Therapy, provided by our counselors and therapists, addresses emotional and behavioral challenges using therapeutic techniques for mental well-being. Counseling, offered by counselors or therapists, focuses on specific issues and life adjustments, while psychiatry, led by our psychiatric nurse practitioners, involves diagnosing and treating mental health conditions with medication.
What Are the Types of Therapists You Can See?
While availability may vary, at Thriveworks Counseling Atlanta, we offer:
- Licensed Clinical Social Workers (LCSWs): Specialized in social work and counseling for individuals, families, and groups.
- Licensed Professional Counselors (LPCs): Trained to offer counseling services for various emotional and mental health issues.
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists (LMFTs): Focused on relationship and family-related issues.
When you connect with a provider at Thriveworks, you’ll be sharing your experience with an industry-leading expert; someone with the experience and professional insight you need to move forward.
How Do I Find the Right Therapist?
To find the right therapist or therapeutic approach at Thriveworks Counseling Atlanta, browse our provider profiles, or contact your local office at (404) 737-2670 to discuss your needs and preferences with our helpful support team.
Signs I Should Go to Therapy
Some of the signs you might benefit from therapy or psychiatric services include:
- Persistent feelings of sadness, anxiety, or hopelessness
- Difficulty managing and coping with daily stress
- Strained or troubled relationships with family, friends, or partners
- Overwhelming grief after a significant loss
- Frequent mood swings, anger, or irritability
- Changes in appetite, sleep patterns, or energy levels
- Unresolved trauma or past experiences affecting your well-being
- Struggles with addictive behaviors or substance abuse
- Loss of interest in previously enjoyed activities
- Overwhelming feelings of guilt, shame, or worthlessness
Don’t hesitate to reach out to one of our providers if you’re feeling any of these symptoms.
What Are the Benefits of Online Therapy and In-Person Therapy?
The benefits of online therapy include:
- Convenience and accessibility from anywhere
- Reduced travel time and costs
- Comfortable and familiar environment
- A wider selection of therapists to choose from
The benefits of in-person therapy include:
- Face-to-face interaction and non-verbal cues
- No reliance on internet connection or technology
- Privacy and confidentiality in a physical office
What Should I Do If a Loved One Needs Help?
If you have a loved one who is in need of mental health services, you can help them by attempting to:
- Communicate openly and non-judgmentally
- Offer support and encourage them to seek professional help
- Research and connect them with appropriate resources
- Be patient and maintain a supportive presence throughout their journey to recovery
Our experienced therapists, counselors, and psychiatric nurse practitioners can assist—don’t hesitate to have the individual you love seek help and support.
Are the Therapists at Thriveworks Licensed and Verified to Provide Therapy?
Yes, all of our therapists, counselors, and psychiatric nurse practitioners are licensed or in the process of receiving their licensure.
How Much Does Therapy Cost?
At Thriveworks, we take most major forms of insurance, which means that many of our clients only pay $0-$50 co-pay per session. However, there are also self-pay options that sit around $200 per session (for both in-person and online sessions) depending on the service and location, for those who are out-of-network.
Meet an Exceptional Therapist at Thriveworks Atlanta Counseling
Thriveworks Counseling began in 2008, with the goal of creating a counseling practice that focuses on personal growth and change. From our humble beginnings in a one-room, windowless office, Thriveworks now serves thousands of clients (including individuals, couples, and families) every year, with 300+ locations and counting. We are especially happy to offer mental health services to Atlanta, GA residents.
Our trained and licensed Atlanta counselors, therapists, and life coaches are experts in their field, and they are ready to put our knowledge to work for you.
Our providers offer virtual counseling sessions as well as in-person sessions, covered by health insurance.
Sessions within a week of booking
Like we said before, we want you to find the care you need, when you need it. When you call Thriveworks Atlanta Counseling, one of our friendly scheduling specialists will set you up with a counseling, psychotherapy, couples therapy, family therapy, or psychiatry session, often in the same week.
Extended Weekend and Evening Hours
Thriveworks Atlanta Counseling therapists and coaches are available at times that fit your schedule; we offer daytime, evening, and weekend appointments. Our current hours of operation are from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday through Friday, and from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday.
Even if you need an appointment outside of our posted schedule, don’t hesitate to contact us. Our team has been known to schedule clients outside of our already extended hours.
Let Thriveworks Atlanta Counseling help you create the life you have always dreamed about, or maybe find the life that you used to have.
Where Is Thriveworks Counseling Atlanta Located?
Thriveworks Counseling Atlanta is located just off Hanover Park Rd and currently shares a building with AlternaHealth Solutions. We’re just north of the intersection of Hanover Park Rd and Roswell Rd. There’s parking available on the east side of the building.
If you have trouble finding our office or have any questions about how to get here, please don’t hesitate to reach out!