The psychologist B. F. Skinner once stated, “A failure is not a mistake, it may simply be the best one can do under the circumstances. The real mistake is to stop trying.” It’s an empowering moment when you can start thinking of “mistakes” as learning experiences and you can start focusing on getting better instead of beating yourself up. But it’s a big hurdle to jump when you’re used to being your own worst enemy. What if you acted as your own best friend instead? What if you could meet with someone regularly who could help you make that emotional transformation?
This is just one example of the power therapy can have. An exceptional counselor, therapist, social worker, or psychiatrist can redirect maladaptive thoughts and behaviors so you can get back on track toward achieving your goals. The mental health providers at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Hoffman Estates can do just that. They are trained to listen closely and uncover the roots of problems, at a client’s pace and comfort levels. They are compassionate, insightful, knowledgeable providers recruited from the top 4% of applicants in the Chicago area. Whether you need support for your depression, your relationship issues, or just life in general, Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Hoffman Estates can help.
What Mental Health Services Are Offered at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Hoffman Estates?
Here’s a list of the main mental health services offered at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Hoffman Estates:
- Individual counseling
- Couples therapy/marriage counseling
- Family counseling
- Child therapy and teen counseling
- Psychiatry and medication management
Through counseling, therapy, and/or psychiatry services, we help with a range of mental health conditions and other challenges, including:
- Eating disorders
- LGBTQ+ issues
- Relationship problems
- Sexual abuse/issues
- Sleep problems
Mental health counselors help clients achieve their goals through personalized, evidence-based treatment plans. But it’s not only licensed professional counselors (LPCs) who can support people with mental health conditions or life issues. Thriveworks in Hoffman Estates, IL also employs the following licensed providers:
- Licensed marriage and family therapists (LMFTs), who help couples and families enhance their relationships.
- Licensed clinical social workers (LCSWs), who offer mental health counseling and direction for social services.
- Psychiatrists (MDs), who are medical doctors and can diagnose, treat, and help prevent mental health conditions like depression, bipolar disorder, and anxiety. They can prescribe medications like antidepressants.
- Psychologists (PhDs or PsyDs), who use psychotherapy approaches like cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) to treat clients. These providers can be counseling psychologists or clinical psychologists.
Our providers might utilize:
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT)
- Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR)
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Strength-based counseling
- Solution-focused therapy
- Christian counseling
- Emotionally-focused therapy
- Family systems
- Motivational interviewing
What’s the Use of Psychological Counseling?
Psychological counseling can help relieve emotional distress in the short-term or long-term. It does this by giving people insight into their own emotions and behaviors, and often empowering them and giving them the necessary resources to change for the better. Clients may also suffer from specific issues or mental health conditions like these below, which a Thriveworks counselor can address:
- Major depression disorder (MDD), mild depression, and other mood disorders
- Anxiety disorders
- Anorexia or bulimia
- Body dysmorphic disorder (BDD)
- Empty nest syndrome
- Alcohol use disorder (AUD)
- Sexuality or gender identification issues
- Emotional regulation
- Coping skills and stress management
- Relationship problems
- Self-esteem issues
- Life transitions
- Acute grief
Is Online Therapy Effective?
Online therapy has been proven to be just as effective as in-person therapy, which is why Thriveworks in Hoffman Estates, IL offers both options to clients. Both types of sessions are of the same length and quality. Clients may choose whatever is most convenient and comfortable for them.
Get Better Mental Health Support at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Hoffman Estates
New Thriveworks clients can see their counselor quickly, usually within 24-48 hours of their initial call. They can also access their provider by phone or email between sessions.
Don’t wait to take the first steps toward a happier future. Call Thriveworks today.
Where Is Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Hoffman Estates Located?
Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Hoffman Estates is located at 2500 W Higgins Rd #935, Hoffman Estates, IL 60169. We currently share a building with Tots N Teens Health Associates and Ardent Counseling Center. If you have trouble locating our office, please give us a call — we’ll be happy to help you find us!