For whatever reason, you’re at a point in your life where you’re considering if counseling or coaching is right for you and your challenges. The short answer is that it is. Many people never experience the transformative benefit of therapy, however, and our goal is to change that by not only providing the best in-session care possible but also by making our therapy services as accessible as possible. On that note, Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Bastrop offers online counseling therapy services in addition to in-person counseling.
What Is the Difference Between Therapy, Counseling, and Psychiatry?
Therapy, provided by our counselors and therapists, addresses emotional and behavioral challenges using therapeutic techniques for mental well-being. Counseling, offered by counselors or therapists, focuses on specific issues and life adjustments, while psychiatry, led by our psychiatric nurse practitioners, involves diagnosing and treating mental health conditions with medication.
What Are the Types of Therapists You Can See?
While availability may vary, at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Bastrop, we offer:
- Licensed Mental Health Counselors (LMHCs): Trained to provide mental health counseling.
- Licensed Clinical Social Workers (LCSW): Specialized in social work and counseling for individuals, families, and groups.
- Licensed Professional Counselors (LPCs): Trained to offer counseling services for various emotional and mental health issues.
When you connect with a provider at Thriveworks, you’ll be sharing your experience with an industry-leading expert; someone with the experience and professional insight you need to move forward.
How Do I Find the Right Therapist?
To find the right therapist or therapeutic approach at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Bastrop, browse our provider profiles, or contact your local office at (512) 601-5809 to discuss your needs and preferences with our helpful support team.
Are the Therapists at Thriveworks Licensed and Verified to Provide Therapy?
Yes, all of our therapists, counselors, and psychiatric nurse practitioners are licensed or in the process of receiving their licensure.
What Are the Benefits of Online Therapy and In-Person Therapy?
The benefits of online therapy include:
- Convenience and accessibility from anywhere
- Reduced travel time and costs
- Comfortable and familiar environment
- A wider selection of therapists to choose from
- The benefits of in-person therapy include:
- Face-to-face interaction and non-verbal cues
- No reliance on internet connection or technology
- Privacy and confidentiality in a physical office
Signs I Should Go to Therapy
- Some of the signs you might benefit from therapy or psychiatric services include:
Persistent feelings of sadness, anxiety, or hopelessness
- Difficulty managing and coping with daily stress
- Strained or troubled relationships with family, friends, or partners
- Overwhelming grief after a significant loss
- Frequent mood swings, anger, or irritability
- Changes in appetite, sleep patterns, or energy levels
- Unresolved trauma or past experiences affecting your well-being
- Struggles with addictive behaviors or substance abuse
- Loss of interest in previously enjoyed activities
- Overwhelming feelings of guilt, shame, or worthlessness
Don’t hesitate to reach out to one of our providers if you’re feeling any of these symptoms.
What Should I Do If a Loved One Needs Help?
- If you have a loved one who is need of mental health services, you can help them by attempting to:
- Communicate openly and non-judgmentally
- Offer support and encourage them to seek professional help
- Research and connect them with appropriate resources
- Be patient and maintain a supportive presence throughout their journey to recovery
Our experienced therapists, counselors, and psychiatric nurse practitioners can assist—don’t hesitate to have the individual you love seek help and support.
How Much Does Therapy Cost?
At Thriveworks, we take most major forms of insurance, which means that many of our clients only pay $0-$50 co-pay per session. However, there are also self-pay options that sit around $200 per session (for both in-person and online sessions) depending on the service and location, for those who are out-of-network.
Schedule a Session at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Bastrop
Whatever your unique challenges are, we have counselors, therapists, psychologists, and psychiatrists on staff who have the passion for people and the clinical experience to help you. Your life is right now, not a few weeks or a couple of months down the road. That’s why we offer life-changing care as soon as you call and ask for it.
Join the thousands of Thriveworks clients nationwide who have already learned how to:
- Set goals and start working towards them
- Deal with difficult relationships and life issues
- Pursue and achieve personal change and growth
Thriveworks clinicians are among the best in the industry, and as such have been featured in news outlets such as CNN, The Boston Globe, Prevention, Counseling Today, Chicago Tribune, ABC, and more. Our counselors and coaches want to put their experience to work for you.