The psychotherapist Alfred Adler once stated, “The only normal people are the ones you don’t know very well.” In the realm of the human mind, there’s no such thing as normal. We are all so variably influenced by our experiences and our genetics, it’s impossible for two people to be exactly the same, let alone a whole population of people. Someone may look perfectly happy and well-adjusted from the outside–especially on their social media accounts!–but the psychological truth is far more complex. We all experience anger, fear, anxiety, and sadness. The extent to which those distressing emotions stick around and are processed can be one of the deciding factors in our lifelong mental health.
Professional counseling is a way to examine our negative and positive emotions to reveal underlying truths about our own lives, beliefs, behaviors, and psychological patterns. The licensed counselors and therapists at Thriveworks Counseling Nashua have the compassion and expertise to help complicated people navigate their experiences and achieve their goals in life.
What Are the Types of Counselors and Therapists?
Thriveworks Counseling Nashua recruits mental health providers from the top 4% of mental health professionals in the area. This means that clients can expect their care team to be fully licensed and highly qualified. Thriveworks offers a range of mental health and behavioral health services from providers like the following:
- Licensed professional counselors (LPCs), who offer solution-focused and shorter-term (usually) counseling services.
- Licensed marriage and family therapists (LMFTs), who help couples and families navigate their interpersonal relationships.
- Licensed clinical social workers (LCSWs), who offer counseling and guidance for social services.
- Psychologists (PhDs or PsyDs), who treat clients with psychotherapy (talk therapy). They can be counseling psychologists or clinical psychologists.
If you’re not sure what kind of mental health provider you need, the staff at Thriveworks Counseling Nashua can help match you to the person who will be most effective.
What Mental Health Services Are Offered at Thriveworks Counseling Nashua?
Here’s a list of the main mental health services offered at Thriveworks Counseling Nashua:
- Individual counseling
- Couples therapy/marriage counseling
- Family counseling and family therapy
- Child therapy and teen counseling
Through therapy and counseling services, we help with a range of mental health conditions and other challenges, including:
- Eating disorders
- LGBTQ+ issues
- Relationship problems
- Sexual abuse/issues
- Sleep problems
Our providers — from family therapists and marriage counselors to psychologists — specialize in a range of counseling approaches, but they’ll cater your treatment to your unique preferences and needs. They might utilize:
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT)
- Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR)
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Strength-based counseling
- Solution-focused therapy
- Christian counseling
- Emotionally-focused therapy
- Family systems
- Motivational interviewing
What Is Substance Abuse Counseling?
Substance abuse counseling is any therapeutic approach that tackles problem drinking or alcohol use disorder (AUD). AUD can affect men and women, adults and adolescents. If someone is struggling with alcohol, they might come to Thriveworks Counseling Nashua to talk to an experienced counselor about the origins of their drinking problem, why they drink, and how they can better manage their addiction.
The Thriveworks counselor can give them psychoeducational resources and provide psychotherapy like cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) to address the roots of the illness. Sometimes people use alcohol as a way of coping with other negative emotions like stress. A licensed counselor can give someone suffering from alcohol addiction some alternative tools like mindfulness for dealing with distress.
How Do I Find a Counselor or Therapist?
To find an exceptional counselor who can help you with your goals, it’s important to bear in mind some basic criteria.
- The mental health provider should be licensed to care for clients in New Hampshire. All the providers at Thriveworks are fully licensed in their state.
- You should be able to afford the counselor. Thriveworks providers accept most major forms of health insurance coverage. For people paying out-of-pocket, Thriveworks offers reasonable self-pay rates.
- You should be able to meet with your provider in a way that’s comfortable and convenient for you. Thriveworks providers can meet with clients online in secure, HIPAA-compliant online therapy sessions. They can also meet their provider in-person at the modern office in Nashua, or choose a hybrid session model.
- The counselor should be experienced with your issue. Thriveworks therapists have a wide range of experience, treating depression, anxiety, neurodiverse children, family conflict, panic disorder, and much more. Thriveworks therapists also have extensive experience treating people with different cultural, racial, or gender identities.
After meeting these basic criteria, you might start considering more subjective measures, like how comfortable the counselor makes you feel when you meet with them. You can also consider the counselor’s approach to therapy, whether that be emotionally focused therapy, psychodynamic therapy, mindfulness, or something else.
Find an Exceptional Counselor at Thriveworks Counseling Nashua
You can find an exceptional counselor or therapist quickly and easily by calling the Thriveworks office in Nashua, NH. Most clients can meet with their provider within 24-48 hours of their initial call. Appointments are of the same unmatched quality whether they take place through virtual counseling or in-person. In addition, clients who enroll at Thriveworks can access their provider between sessions by phone or email.
At Thriveworks, providers treat the whole person, not just the diagnosis. But you don’t need to have a mental health condition to benefit from professional counseling. Just being human is reason enough to seek support. Call Thriveworks Counseling Nashua today to get started on your healing path. We look forward to hearing from you!
Where Is Thriveworks Counseling Nashua Located?
Thriveworks Counseling Nashua is located at 71 Spit Brook Rd #205, Nashua, NH 03060, just off Rt. 3 (Everett Turnpike).
If you have trouble finding our office or have any questions about how to get here, please don’t hesitate to reach out!