Therapists and Counselors in Harrisonburg, VA—Mental Health Counseling
Consider for a moment which healthcare professionals support your overall well-being. If you are like many people, you may see a primary care physician who can offer you preventative care and whom you see when you are ill. Many people also see a specialist—possibly a cardiologist, an endocrinologist, or an oncologist—someone who can give their body the particular care it needs. Others regularly work with a nutritionist or a trainer to ensure their body is healthy and strong.
In recent decades, more and more people are including mental health professionals among the professionals who help them live an overall healthy life. More and more people are prioritizing their mental health. In doing so, they are experiencing the benefits that taking care of their minds and emotions can bring to their whole life.
All too often, there is more to the story than the smiling face people put on when they walk out the door each morning. Mental health care is focused upon peeling back the layers, allowing people to be themselves with both the good and the bad. When people have a safe place to be themselves—without judgment and without fear—they are often able to make positive adjustments in their lives. For many people, that safe place is therapy, counseling, or life coaching.
The professionals at Thriveworks Counseling in Harrisonburg, VA love seeing their clients’ daily lives improve. We have worked with many clients who have experienced difficult diagnoses, relational tension, professional frustrations, and more. Through therapy, counseling, or coaching at Thriveworks Harrisonburg, many have found the key they needed to increase their overall well-being.
Reaching Out for Mental Health Support
The old cliché jokes say that there are two guarantees in life: death and taxes. Consider adding a third: challenges. While some experience more challenges than others, no one comes into this world with an easy button. When people face setbacks, hardship, or roadblocks, often what they need most is an ally. Consider the following situations—both good and bad. What difference would it make to have someone on your side if you were facing these?
- You have a great job. You enjoy your coworkers’ company. The job itself is a good fit…for now. But what about next year? Or in five years? It may not be a good fit then. What should your next move be? The next rung on the ladder or should you switch to a new ladder to climb?
- One day, your loved one was here, and the next day, the world turned upside down. Every day since the tragic accident, it has hurt to breathe. How could life ever be the same when it hurts to live without your better half?
- Last summer, your family relocated to a new city. Everything is new—job, house, school, friends. Starting over is hard, but it has taken its toll on your kids. They are sweet kids, but since the move, they have not been themselves. You have tried to help them adjust, but you are at your wit’s end of what to do next.
- You are walking on clouds. How did you get so lucky to fall in love with such an amazing partner? You do not know, but you are not going to let the opportunity pass. You have lived together for a few years now, and are still madly in love. Is it time to talk about marriage? Maybe. How do you keep this flame growing?
- You admit it. This habit is not good for you. You are trying to stop, but any progress you make is soon lost. What started as an occasional stress-relieving activity has blossomed into a daily habit…maybe even an addiction.
No one gets an easy button to bypass life’s challenges, but sometimes, having help is just as good. Mental health professionals often guide their clients through both the good and the hard challenges that life throws their way.
Setting Up Therapy, Counseling, or Life Coaching at Thriveworks Harrisonburg, VA
At Thriveworks Counseling in Harrisonburg, we offer each client individualized care. The details of each person’s life are unique. Our therapists and counselors see their clients as the individuals that they are. Clients may have a diagnosis but they are not a diagnosis; they may have relational challenges, but they are not those challenges.
If you are considering working with a mental health care professional, consider reaching out to Thriveworks Counseling in Harrisonburg. Our coaches, counselors, and therapists are professionals with years of experience and even more, they care deeply about each client and see each client accomplish their therapeutic goals.
When you contact our office, we hope that you feel our desire to help, even from the first time you dial our number. Here are a few things you can expect when you set up therapy, counseling, or coaching at Thriveworks in Harrisonburg:
- Your first appointment may be within 24 hours. If you are ready to start therapy, let’s get started. Why wait? We also do not keep a waitlist.
- Weekend and evening appointments are offered. We understand that many people cannot make an appointment during business hours.
- Many different insurance plans are accepted. We do our best to make getting the care you need as affordable as possible.
We have appointments available. Contact Thriveworks Harrisonburg today.
Our Clients Get More
We call this The Thriveworks Difference
|Thriveworks||Typical Counseling Practice|
|Offices open early and late|
|Same- or next-day appointments|
|Appointments start on time||Unlikely|
|Care at 100+ locations|
|Phone access to your provider between sessions|
|Email access to your provider between sessions|
|Providers that accept major insurance plans|
|Online counseling opportunities||Unlikely|
|Ask-a-coach 24hr Q&A|
|Text support via our Success Navigator|
|Exclusive video content|
|Counselor-moderated community discussion|
|Ultra-flexible 23.5hr cancellations|
|A free e-copy of “Leaving Depression Behind”|