The poet Robert Frost wrote that “the best way out is always through.” Poor outcomes can happen when people try to avoid their distressing feelings. They can deny whole parts of themselves because they’re uncomfortable. They can turn to substance abuse to drown out their emotions. They can become angry or enraged in order to mask their real feelings of sadness.
By defending themselves against their own psychological truths, people just tend to make more problems for themselves. That’s why the only way to truly overcome distressing emotions is to confront them head-on. But it can feel intimidating–sometimes even dangerous–to do that on your own. That’s why there’s a whole profession dedicated to helping people achieve better mental health.
The counselors, psychotherapists, psychologists, psychiatrists, and social workers at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Berkeley are all fully licensed and highly qualified to help clients navigate difficult issues and develop effective strategies for coping with stress and adversity. Clients may suffer from a mental health condition like depression, or they may need some guidance through a career change. Clients may want some unbiased, professional support for a problem in their marriage, or they may need to address their symptoms of anxiety. Whatever the case may be, there’s a mental health provider at Thriveworks who can offer expert and compassionate care.
What Mental Health Services Are Offered at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Berkeley?
Here’s a list of the main mental health services offered at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Berkeley:
- Individual counseling
- Couples therapy/marriage counseling
- Family counseling
- Child therapy and teen counseling
- Psychiatry and medication management
Through counseling, therapy, and/or psychiatry services, we help with a range of mental health conditions and other challenges, including:
- Eating disorders
- LGBTQ+ issues
- Relationship problems
- Sexual abuse/issues
- Sleep problems
Our providers — from therapists/counselors to psychologists, psychiatrists, and nurse practitioners — specialize in a range of counseling approaches, but they’ll cater your treatment to your unique preferences and needs. They might utilize:
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT)
- Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR)
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Strength-based counseling
- Solution-focused therapy
- Christian counseling
- Emotionally-focused therapy
- Family systems
- Motivational interviewing
What Do Mental Health Counselors Do?
Mental health is a lifelong journey, and along the way, there are different specialists who can help people realize their full potential. Here’s a quick summary of the mental health professionals you can find at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Berkeley:
- Licensed professional counselors (LPCs) work with clients to solve problems. Counseling is usually shorter term and more solution-focused than psychotherapy.
- Psychotherapists are mental health professionals licensed to provide talk therapy. Talk therapy can be very dynamic and evidence-based, like when a therapist uses cognitive behavior therapy (CBT) techniques.
- Psychologists (PsyDs or PhDs) can be counseling psychologists or clinical psychologists. They use a variety of talk therapy approaches to assist clients with their mental and behavioral health.
- Psychiatrists (MDs) are medical doctors who can prescribe psychotropic medications like antidepressants in addition to doing psychotherapy.
- Licensed marriage and family therapists (LMFTs) work with intimate partners and families in a group therapy setting.
- Licensed clinical social workers (LCSWs) provide counseling and guidance for social services.
Get Exceptional Support at Thriveworks in Berkeley, CA
The mental health providers at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Berkeley have the knowledge and experience to help individuals recover from trauma, discover coping strategies, and gain meaningful insights into their own lives.
Because all the providers at Thriveworks are fully licensed, nationwide, they accept most major health insurance plans. This means clients get premium therapy services at affordable rates. Thriveworks clients also receive numerous other membership benefits like quick appointment bookings, email and phone access to providers between sessions, and educational resources like e-books and videos. They also get the option of choosing how they’d like to see their counselor, whether that’s online via a secure telehealth connection, or in-person at the modern office. Some clients even choose a hybrid model.
When you need psychological support, you should turn to credentialed, exceptional, authoritative counselors and therapists like the ones serving Thriveworks clients. Call today and meet your provider as early as tomorrow. We look forward to hearing from you!
Where Is Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Berkeley Located?
Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Berkeley is located at 2020 Milvia St Suite 200, Berkeley, CA 94704. We are at the intersection of Milvia St and Addison St — and we share a building with Telestream. If you have trouble finding us, please call our office. We’ll help you get here!