Book a Session at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry in Baltimore, MD
Counseling, or psychotherapy, gives us a place to talk about our thoughts and feelings—both good and bad. It offers us the opportunity to find perspective and learn new lessons during difficult times. It allows us to better understand and work through the challenges that we face, with a little professional help and guidance.
Whether we talk to our counselor in person or online, this journey proves to help people improve their overall emotional and mental wellbeing. In addition, it helps people work toward and achieve their goals as well as pave a happier life. To summarize the many benefits of counseling, it helps people become the healthy, successful, happy individuals we all hope to become.
We might decide to talk to a counselor because we’re having a rough going with our partner and need an outsider’s perspective; or, we might decide to work with a counselor because we’re feeling overwhelmed by stress, anger, and other challenging emotions. There are many reasons to begin counseling, all of which are warranted. Additionally, psychiatrists can be helpful in pinpointing and diagnosing certain mental health conditions, plus prescribing medication.
If you would like to talk to a counselor or psychiatrist, consider reaching out to Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry in Baltimore, MD. We’re here to help you on this journey we call life. Just call us to schedule your appointment.
How Does Counseling Work? What Should I Expect?
Beginning counseling can be scary or intimidating simply because it’s new territory. That said, knowing what to expect at your first session and onward can help to ease your worries. Here’s how you can expect your experience to unfold:
- First, you must fill out some paperwork, which will cover your insurance information, your medical history, and other basic (but important) information. You’re probably used to doing this when you see a new doctor or haven’t been for a while.
- After, your counselor will probably have a few questions for you, too. Now, they might address a few of the same questions that you answered in your paperwork, but you needn’t worry—they just want to make sure they cover everything they need to know!
- Then, your counselor will talk a little bit about confidentiality. In a nutshell, everything you tell your counselor is confidential unless they think your life is in danger.
- Once all of these basics are covered, your counselor will get to focus on how they can help you. They’ll want to know why you decided to pursue counseling, what your goals are, and so on. Then, they’ll use this comprehensive understanding to design a treatment plan for you.
Counseling doesn’t sound so scary after all, does it? If you’re thinking about working with a counselor or you’d like to see how counseling might help you, reach out to Thriveworks. We can set you up with a skilled, licensed counselor, therapist, psychiatrist, psychologist, or coach right away.
What Mental Health Services Are Offered at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry in Baltimore, MD?
Are you looking for a specific type of mental health help? Here’s a list of the main mental health services offered at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry in Baltimore, MD:
- Individual counseling
- Couples therapy/marriage counseling
- Family counseling
- Child therapy and teen counseling
- Psychiatry and medication management
Through counseling, therapy, and/or psychiatry services, we help with a range of mental health conditions and other challenges, including:
- Eating disorders
- LGBTQ+ issues
- Relationship problems
- Sexual abuse/issues
- Sleep problems
Our providers — from therapists/counselors to psychologists, psychiatrists, and nurse practitioners — specialize in a range of counseling approaches, but they’ll cater your treatment to your unique preferences and needs. They might utilize:
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT)
- Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR)
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Strength-based counseling
- Solution-focused therapy
- Christian counseling
- Emotionally-focused therapy
- Family systems
- Motivational interviewing
Contact a Qualified Thriveworks Psychiatrist
Are you dealing with depression, anxiety, or a personality disorder? Are you contending with substance abuse, an eating disorder, or addictive behaviors that are interfering with your life? If so, psychiatry counseling may offer the help you need.
Licensed psychiatrists are medical doctors who specialize in treating mental disorders. Whether you’re suddenly dealing with severe symptoms or you’ve had mental health concerns for a long time, a psychiatrist can help get you back on track.
Psychiatrists can perform psychological tests to determine the best course of action for your condition and prescribe medication, depending on your specific needs and concerns.
If you want to speak to an experienced psychiatrist, get in touch with Thriveworks Counseling today to make a virtual appointment.
Schedule a Counseling, Psychiatry, or Coaching Session at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry in Baltimore, MD
Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry in Baltimore, MD is here and ready to help. If you are ready to schedule an appointment with us, just call our office or navigate to the online booking system.
You should know that we have both in-person and online counseling options available. In addition, we can often get new clients in for their first appointment within 24-48 hours of their phone call. There are many other benefits at Thriveworks too—call us to find out more and talk to one of our scheduling specialists about booking your session.
Where Is Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry in Baltimore, MD?
Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry in Baltimore, MD is located at 1120 N Charles St Suite 101, Baltimore, MD 21201, right next door to Effleurence Studios Massage & Spa. And just a couple of doors down is The Brewer’s Art. Across the street, you’ll find Beacon Street Services, InvestorPlace Media, and Especialista Baltimore.
If you have trouble finding our office or have any questions about how to get here, please don’t hesitate to reach out!