Our main goal at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry DC in Georgetown is to help others live the happy, successful lives they deserve. We tackle this mission by offering a wide range of mental health services, which enable us to help a variety of people with unique needs. Our counselors, therapists, psychologists, psychiatrists, and clinical social workers are able to help individuals, families, couples, adults, children, and teens, offering mental health support and guidance.
If you think that you could benefit from working with a mental health professional, that is reason enough to pursue mental health services! While therapy and psychiatry are certainly beneficial for those who are suffering from severe mental health issues like anxiety, depression, and anger management, therapy and psychiatry are also beneficial for those who are struggling with more minor problems or those who simply need a little support during difficult or stressful times.
In any case, the mental health professionals at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry DC are here and ready to help you. We have in-person counseling sessions as well as online counseling available. Additionally, we can offer flexible appointment times, including those in the evenings and on the weekends. Not only do we want to provide quality mental health help, but we want to make your experience as convenient and comfortable as possible.
Should I Pursue Mental Health Services? Can Counseling Help Me?
Our mental health experts specialize in different areas and have experience helping different age groups. We only partner with the best of the best providers, to best ensure that you get the quality mental health care you deserve. Here are a few of the problems our providers are qualified to help with:
- Understanding, coping with, and managing mental illness: Depression, anxiety, PTSD, bipolar disorder, addiction. There are over 200 forms of mental illness. And some of them, such as the first two on the list, are prevalent in our country and world. If you are suffering from symptoms of depression, anxiety, or another form of mental illness, our counselors, therapists, and psychologists can help you.
- Working through relationship issues: What other mental health issues are prevalent among humans? Relationship problems. It’s in our nature to disagree and argue with others, especially those we invest our time and energy into, such as our significant others, friends, and family members. If your relationships are suffering, due to jealousy, financial strife, a disagreement, opposing opinions, jealousy, lack of trust, or another conflict, Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry DC can help through couples therapy, family therapy, and marriage counseling.
- Managing difficult emotions and/or stress: As humans, we also struggle with a range of emotions. While some of these emotions are, of course, pleasant, others are really tough to endure. In fact, many of us don’t know exactly what to do with these difficult feelings—how to process, manage, and communicate them properly. The good news is that our mental health providers can help you with every step of understanding and managing your emotions as well as stressful situations.
We wholeheartedly believe that anyone and everyone can benefit from working with a mental health professional, whether you’ve developed symptoms of a mental illness, you’re struggling in your relationships, or you are enduring difficult emotions and/or stress that you don’t know what to do with. We’re happy to help in these mentally and emotionally challenging situations and others.
When to Talk to an Experienced Thriveworks Psychiatrist
Among the many mental health professionals at Thriveworks, our psychiatrists are uniquely qualified to provide the expertise of a medical doctor during treatment. As medical school graduates, psychiatrists can evaluate any physical and psychological symptoms you may be experiencing and administer a comprehensive treatment plan that is tailored to your needs.
To determine the nature of your condition and the best path forward, your psychiatrist may perform a range of psychological and physical tests. They can provide talk therapy services and, unlike other mental health professionals, can directly prescribe medication when necessary.
Speaking to a licensed psychiatrist can be helpful when dealing with a wide variety of psychological issues. To make an online therapy appointment with one of our board-certified psychiatrists, get in touch with us today at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry DC.
Schedule an Appointment at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry DC
If you’re looking for mental health and counseling services, you’ve come to the right place. Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry DC is here and available to help you. Not only do we provide quality mental health care, but we do our best to make the therapy experience as convenient and stress-free as possible. This is why we offer…
- Flexible appointment times, including evening and weekend sessions, in addition to daytime appointments
- Virtual counseling opportunities, over the phone or video, in addition to in-person counseling
- Benefits like innovative technologies, exclusive video access, and more
We are committed to helping others live better and to meet the demands of our community. You deserve to live a happy, healthy, and successful life. We will do everything we can do to get you there, whether that means supporting you through stressful or emotionally difficult times, equipping you with effective coping tools, helping you resolve relationship issues or all of the above!
We’re here to help. Call our office to schedule your appointment.
Where Is Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry DC Located?
Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry DC is located on Wisconsin Ave near the waterfront. We currently share a building with Core Architecture and Design, Quarterlife Center, and Window Wears.
If you have trouble finding our office or have any questions about how to get here, please don’t hesitate to reach out!