If you’re one of the many millions of Americans who experience symptoms of depression and/or anxiety every year, you probably have experience with well-meaning friends and family members giving you profoundly unhelpful advice. For instance, they might tell you to “snap out” of your bad mood, or they might admonish you for not “trying hard enough” to feel better. They may tell you to smile, or inadvertently minimize your suffering by saying something like, “Oh your life isn’t that bad. Other people have it worse.” These kinds of statements aren’t usually the kind of prescription that a seriously depressed person needs to get better.
People who are depressed, anxious, or suffering from another mental or behavioral disorder don’t need their loved ones making them feel responsible for their condition. They need professional attention and support. When your car breaks down, you take it to a mechanic. When you’re suffering from psychological distress, you go to a therapist.
The counselors and other mental health providers at Thriveworks Counseling Eden Prairie can diagnose, treat, and help prevent psychological conditions like anxiety and depression. The fully licensed therapists at Thriveworks offer expert, compassionate support to people experiencing a wide range of issues, from chronic mental conditions to everyday family conflicts. And they accept most health insurance plans, making their premium care both affordable and accessible.
What Kind of Credentials Should I Look for in a Therapist?
Because of the proliferation of online (telehealth) providers, it can sometimes be difficult to tell who is actually qualified to treat psychological conditions and who is not. But Thriveworks Counseling Eden Prairie makes it easy for clients: All our mental health providers are fully licensed. If you’re not sure how to differentiate between the care specialties, this list may help:
- Psychologists (PsyD or PhDs) can be counseling psychologists or clinical psychologists. They provide psychotherapy (talk therapy).
- Psychotherapists (a general, umbrella term) provide psychotherapy services.
- Counselors (also a general term) provide counseling services, which may differ from psychotherapy in that counseling tends to be shorter-term and solution-focused.
- Licensed professional counselors (LPCs) provide counseling services, which can be general or specialized.
- Licensed marriage and family therapists (LMFTs) provide therapy for couples and families.
- Licensed clinical social workers (LCSWs) provide counseling and help direct clients toward any social services that might help them.
- Licensed alcohol and drug counselors (LADCs) provide counseling for substance abuse and addiction issues.
The trained staff at Thriveworks Counseling Eden Prairie can help match you to a mental healthcare provider who can address the issue you’re having and help you achieve your goals.
What Mental Health Services Are Offered at Thriveworks Counseling Eden Prairie?
Here’s a list of the main mental health services offered at Thriveworks Counseling Eden Prairie:
- Individual counseling
- Couples therapy/marriage counseling
- Family counseling
- Child therapy and teen counseling
- Psychiatry and medication management
Through counseling, therapy, and/or psychiatry services, we help with a range of mental health conditions and other challenges, including:
- Eating disorders
- LGBTQ+ issues
- Relationship problems
- Sexual abuse/issues
- Sleep problems
Our providers — from therapists/counselors to psychologists, psychiatrists, and nurse practitioners — specialize in a range of counseling approaches, but they’ll cater your treatment to your unique preferences and needs. They might utilize:
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT)
- Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR)
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Strength-based counseling
- Solution-focused therapy
- Christian counseling
- Emotionally-focused therapy
- Family systems
- Motivational interviewing
How Can Professional Therapy Sessions Help Me?
People seek counseling sessions from Thriveworks Counseling Eden Prairie for a variety of reasons, both acute and mild, temporary and chronic. Sometimes people make the mistake of putting off therapy because they don’t think that their personal issues merit professional attention. But everyone can benefit from the expert, compassionate attention and guidance of a mental health provider at Thriveworks Counseling Eden Prairie. The following are some of the issues that may bring a client to our door for the first time:
- Obsessions or compulsions
- Substance abuse issues
- Personality disorders
- Manic depression
- Trouble managing stress
- Disproportionate emotional responses
- Career guidance
- Midlife crises
- Difficulty managing anger
- Family or marital conflicts
- Psychotropic medication management
- Sex or gambling addiction
The job of a therapist at Thriveworks Counseling Eden Prairie is not to judge someone’s condition, but to treat the whole person in order to improve quality of life.
Schedule with a Licensed Counselor at Thriveworks Counseling Eden Prairie
The mental health providers at Thriveworks Counseling Eden Prairie are fully licensed and exceptionally qualified, which means they accept most health insurance plans. If you’re not sure if we are in your insurance network, we can help you figure it out. Just call our office in Eden Prairie, MN during our extended business hours. You’ll reach a human being who can answer your questions.
Let us know you’re ready to seek counseling and we will make the process easy and painless for you. Call Thriveworks Counseling Eden Prairie for relief and newfound quality of life through expert care from a mental health professional.
Where Is Thriveworks Counseling Eden Prairie Located?
Thriveworks Counseling Eden Prairie is located at 300 Prairie Center Dr Suite 110, Eden Prairie, MN 55344. We’re right next to Olsen Thielen and Co. and US Bank Home Mortgages. Geographically, we’re at the NW corner of NW Anderson Lake. If you have trouble finding our office or have any questions about how to get here, please don’t hesitate to reach out!