If you’re one of the many millions of Americans who experience symptoms of depression and/or anxiety every year, you probably have experience with well-meaning friends and family members giving you profoundly unhelpful advice. For instance, they might tell you to “snap out” of your bad mood, or they might admonish you for not “trying hard enough” to feel better. They may tell you to smile, or inadvertently minimize your suffering by saying something like, “Oh your life isn’t that bad. Other people have it worse.” These kinds of statements aren’t usually the kind of prescription that a seriously depressed person needs to get better.
People who are depressed, anxious, or suffering from another mental or behavioral disorder don’t need their loved ones making them feel responsible for their condition. They need professional attention and support. When your car breaks down, you take it to a mechanic. When you’re suffering from psychological distress, you go to a therapist.
The counselors and other mental health providers at Thriveworks in Eden Prairie, MN can diagnose, treat, and help prevent psychological conditions like anxiety and depression. The fully licensed therapists at Thriveworks offer expert, compassionate support to people experiencing a wide range of issues, from chronic mental conditions to everyday family conflicts. And they accept most health insurance plans, making their premium care both affordable and accessible.
What Kind of Credentials Should I Look for in a Therapist?
Because of the proliferation of online (telehealth) providers, it can sometimes be difficult to tell who is actually qualified to treat psychological conditions and who is not. But Thriveworks in Eden Prairie, MN makes it easy for clients: All our mental health providers are fully licensed. If you’re not sure how to differentiate between the care specialties, this list may help:
- Psychologists (PsyDs or PhDs) can be counseling psychologists or clinical psychologists. They provide psychotherapy (talk therapy).
- Psychotherapists (a general, umbrella term) provide psychotherapy services.
- Counselors (also a general term) provide counseling services, which may differ from psychotherapy in that counseling tends to be shorter-term and solution-focused.
- Psychiatrists (MDs) provide psychotherapy and can prescribe psychotropic medications like antidepressants.
- Licensed professional counselors (LPCs) provide counseling services, which can be general or specialized.
- Licensed marriage and family therapists (LMFTs) provide therapy for couples and families.
- Licensed clinical social workers (LCSWs) provide counseling and help direct clients toward any social services that might help them.
- Licensed alcohol and drug counselors (LADCs) provide counseling for substance abuse and addiction issues.
The trained staff at Thriveworks in Eden Prairie, MN can help match you to a mental healthcare provider who can address the issue you’re having and help you achieve your goals.
How Can Professional Therapy Sessions Help Me?
People seek counseling sessions from Thriveworks at Eden Prairie, MN for a variety of reasons, both acute and mild, temporary and chronic. Sometimes people make the mistake of putting off therapy because they don’t think that their personal issues merit professional attention. But everyone can benefit from the expert, compassionate attention and guidance of a mental health provider at Thriveworks in Eden Prairie, MN. The following are some of the issues that may bring a client to our door for the first time:
- Obsessions or compulsions
- Substance abuse issues
- Personality disorders
- Manic depression
- Trouble managing stress
- Disproportionate emotional responses
- Career guidance
- Midlife crises
- Difficulty managing anger
- Family or marital conflicts
- Psychotropic medication management
- Sex or gambling addiction
The job of a therapist at Thriveworks in Eden Prairie, MN is not to judge someone’s condition, but to treat the whole person in order to improve quality of life.
Can I See a Psychiatrist Online at Thriveworks?
The licensed psychiatrists at Thriveworks in Eden Prairie, MN can meet with their clients over a secure phone line or via the latest in telehealth video conferencing software. In these online appointments, our top-rated, highly qualified psychiatrists can diagnose, treat, and help prevent mental conditions.
Schedule Your Session with a Licensed Counselor at Thriveworks in Eden Prairie, MN
The mental health providers at Thriveworks in Eden Prairie, MN are fully licensed and exceptionally qualified, which means they accept most health insurance plans. If you’re not sure if we are in your insurance network, we can help you figure it out. Just call our office in Eden Prairie, MN during our extended business hours. You’ll reach a human being who can answer your questions.
When you become a Thriveworks member, you’ll receive a bounty of additional benefits, like email and phone access to your provider between appointments, quick availability (most of our clients get to meet with a therapist within 24-48 hours of their initial phone call), online appointments that are convenient and affordable, and our Ask-a-Coach 24hr Q&A service.
Let us know you’re ready to seek counseling and we will make the process easy and painless for you. Call Thriveworks today!