The counselors, therapists, psychologists, psychiatrists, and life coaches at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Asheville can help you to understand the feelings you are experiencing. Your counselor or coach can help you to find new ways of coping so that you can move forward into your future with hope and confidence. They can also help you better manage stress, work through relationship issues that are weighing heavy on your heart, find greater happiness or fulfillment at work, and so much more. Remember, our mission is to help you live better.
What Is the Difference Between Therapy, Counseling, and Psychiatry?
Therapy, provided by our counselors and therapists, addresses emotional and behavioral challenges using therapeutic techniques for mental well-being. Counseling, offered by counselors or therapists, focuses on specific issues and life adjustments, while psychiatry, led by our psychiatric nurse practitioners, involves diagnosing and treating mental health conditions with medication.
What Are the Types of Therapists You Can See?
While availability may vary, at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Asheville, we offer:
- Licensed Mental Health Counselors (LMHCs): Trained to provide mental health counseling.
- Licensed Clinical Social Workers (LCSW): Specialized in social work and counseling for individuals, families, and groups.
When you connect with a provider at Thriveworks, you’ll be sharing your experience with an industry-leading expert; someone with the experience and professional insight you need to move forward.
How Do I Find the Right Therapist?
To find the right therapist or therapeutic approach at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Asheville, browse our provider profiles, or contact your local office at to discuss your needs and preferences with our helpful support team.
Are the Therapists at Thriveworks Licensed and Verified to Provide Therapy?
Yes, all of our therapists, counselors, and psychiatric nurse practitioners are licensed or in the process of receiving their licensure.
What Are the Benefits of Online Therapy and In-Person Therapy?
The benefits of online therapy include:
- Convenience and accessibility from anywhere
- Reduced travel time and costs
- Comfortable and familiar environment
- A wider selection of therapists to choose from
- The benefits of in-person therapy include:
- Face-to-face interaction and non-verbal cues
- No reliance on internet connection or technology
- Privacy and confidentiality in a physical office
Signs I Should Go to Therapy
Some of the signs you might benefit from therapy or psychiatric services include:
- Persistent feelings of sadness, anxiety, or hopelessness
- Difficulty managing and coping with daily stress
- Strained or troubled relationships with family, friends, or partners
- Overwhelming grief after a significant loss
- Frequent mood swings, anger, or irritability
- Changes in appetite, sleep patterns, or energy levels
- Unresolved trauma or past experiences affecting your well-being
- Struggles with addictive behaviors or substance abuse
- Loss of interest in previously enjoyed activities
- Overwhelming feelings of guilt, shame, or worthlessness
Don’t hesitate to reach out to one of our providers if you’re feeling any of these symptoms.
What Should I Do If a Loved One Needs Help?
If you have a loved one who is need of mental health services, you can help them by attempting to:
- Communicate openly and non-judgmentally
- Offer support and encourage them to seek professional help
- Research and connect them with appropriate resources
- Be patient and maintain a supportive presence throughout their journey to recovery
Our experienced therapists, counselors, and psychiatric nurse practitioners can assist—don’t hesitate to have the individual you love seek help and support.
How Much Does Therapy Cost?
At Thriveworks, we take most major forms of insurance, which means that many of our clients only pay $0-$50 co-pay per session. However, there are also self-pay options that sit around $200 per session (for both in-person and online sessions) depending on the service and location, for those who are out-of-network.
Choose Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Asheville
There is no shortage of therapists, psychiatrists, and coaches to choose from. At Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Asheville, we recognize that and we work hard to earn your respect and your trust.
- We respect your time. We will answer your call promptly and get you scheduled as quickly as possible.
- We do not operate on a waiting list. If you call after hours, we will give you a call back as soon as we are back in the office.
- We can generally pair new clients with a provider within 24 hours.
- We have experienced therapists and coaches on staff ready to assist you
- Our providers can assist with mental health issues as well as other mental health challenges and life problems.
Often, we spend more time caring for others than we do ourselves. Isn’t it time to turn in and give ourselves a little more attention? You are strong and capable. You can take charge of your life. You can find the peace, happiness, and success you desire.
Whatever the reason for considering counseling or coaching, there is no need to feel embarrassed. Making the choice to seek help is a positive step toward a happier, more successful life. We would be honored to walk with you on your path to healing. Call Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Asheville today to take that first step into your new world of health and happiness. We’ll get you set up with a counselor or psychiatrist right away.