Emotional and mental health struggles are completely normal; to some degree, we’ve all been there at one time or another. <span data-sheets-value=""1":2,"2":"Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Grand Prairie"” data-sheets-userformat=”"2":515,"3":"1":0,"4":"1":2,"2":13624051,"12":0“>Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Grand Prairie can help.
Our psychiatric providers, therapists, counselors, and other licensed professionals are ready to help you take that first step today to start feeling better, and to do so with dignity. Schedule today.
Reasons To Pursue Counseling or Therapy
Some questions you may be asking right now are:
- “Are things really so bad that I need professional help?”
- “Will people treat me differently if they know I’m in counseling?”
- “What if I try counseling and it doesn’t help?”
These are all valid questions and concerns. In fact, most clients end up asking similar questions before they decide to seek out help. But many mental health issues can benefit from the guidance of a licensed professional. Of course, you’ll never know if counseling can be of assistance to you unless you try. If you’re facing a difficult life transition or experiencing symptoms of a mental health disorder, consider scheduling an appointment with us at Thriveworks in Grand Prairie, TX.
What Is the Difference Between Therapy, Counseling, and Psychiatry?
Therapy, provided by our counselors and therapists, addresses emotional and behavioral challenges using therapeutic techniques for mental well-being. Counseling, offered by counselors or therapists, focuses on specific issues and life adjustments, while psychiatry, led by our psychiatric nurse practitioners, involves diagnosing and treating mental health conditions with medication.
What Are the Types of Therapists You Can See?
While availability may vary, at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Grand Prairie, we offer:
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists (LMFTs): Focused on relationship and family-related issues.
- Licensed Clinical Social Workers (LCSWs): Specialized in social work and counseling for individuals, families, and groups.
- Licensed Professional Counselors (LPCs): Trained to offer counseling services for various emotional and mental health issues.
When you connect with a provider at Thriveworks, you’ll be sharing your experience with an industry-leading expert; someone with the experience and professional insight you need to move forward.
How Do I Find the Right Therapist?
To find the right therapist or therapeutic approach at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Grand Prairie, browse our provider profiles, or contact your local office at (224) 257-3776 to discuss your needs and preferences with our helpful support team.
Are the Therapists at Thriveworks Licensed and Verified to Provide Therapy?
Yes, all of our therapists, counselors, and psychiatric nurse practitioners are licensed or in the process of receiving their licensure.
What Are the Benefits of Online Therapy and In-Person Therapy?
The benefits of online therapy include:
- Convenience and accessibility from anywhere
- Reduced travel time and costs
- Comfortable and familiar environment
- A wider selection of therapists to choose from
The benefits of in-person therapy include:
- Face-to-face interaction and non-verbal cues
- No reliance on internet connection or technology
- Privacy and confidentiality in a physical office
Signs I Should Go to Therapy
Some of the signs you might benefit from therapy or psychiatric services include:
- Persistent feelings of sadness, anxiety, or hopelessness
- Difficulty managing and coping with daily stress
- Strained or troubled relationships with family, friends, or partners
- Overwhelming grief after a significant loss
- Frequent mood swings, anger, or irritability
- Changes in appetite, sleep patterns, or energy levels
- Unresolved trauma or past experiences affecting your well-being
- Struggles with addictive behaviors or substance abuse
- Loss of interest in previously enjoyed activities
- Overwhelming feelings of guilt, shame, or worthlessness
Don’t hesitate to reach out to one of our providers if you’re feeling any of these symptoms.
What Should I Do If a Loved One Needs Help?
If you have a loved one who is in need of mental health services, you can help them by attempting to:
- Communicate openly and non-judgmentally
- Offer support and encourage them to seek professional help
- Research and connect them with appropriate resources
- Be patient and maintain a supportive presence throughout their journey to recovery
Our experienced therapists, counselors, and psychiatric nurse practitioners can assist—don’t hesitate to have the individual you love seek help and support.
How Much Does Therapy Cost?
At Thriveworks, we take most major forms of insurance, which means that many of our clients only pay $0-$50 co-pay per session. However, there are also self-pay options that sit around $200 per session (for both in-person and online sessions) depending on the service and location, for those who are out-of-network.
Should I Speak With a Board-Certified Psychiatrist?
A psychiatrist is a medical doctor who can diagnose, treat, and prevent mental, emotional, and behavioral health issues. Much like a dermatologist, podiatrist, or oncologist, psychiatric providers have a medical degree, which gives them the ability to provide comprehensive treatment and prescribe medications as necessary.
Some mental health issues present physical symptoms while the opposite is also possible — some physical ailments can cause psychological symptoms. Psychiatric professionals are trained to distinguish between the two and rule out any physical conditions before treating your mental health issues.
Here at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Grand Prairie, our compassionate psychiatric providers are standing by to support you. Contact us today to schedule your first remote psychiatry appointment by video.
Schedule Services at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Grand Prairie
At Thriveworks, we make it easy to get started. Our certified and down-to-earth therapists and counselors offer flexible hours throughout the week, including evenings and weekends. We also offer online therapy opportunities over the phone or via video chat if in-person appointments won’t work for your schedule. Thriveworks accepts health insurance from most major providers.
We are here for you and we’re ready when you are. To schedule your first appointment with a psychiatric provider, counselor, or therapist, connect with us today at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Grand Prairie. We look forward to seeing you soon.