Gemma takes a walk every afternoon to help clear her head at the end of the day. But this time, she’s not finding it easy to calm down—it’s been a trend that she’s watched with concern for a few months. Gemma knows that several life events including a breakup and some hard financial times have been eating at her. Although she wants to process the things that are bothering her, it seems like she has the ability to see things clearly.
Gemma still wants to make a change, though, and that’s why she wants to talk to a mental health professional about the struggles she’s faced with. Gemma knows that if she decides to avoid what’s bothering her, it’s possible that her mental health could continue to worsen. So instead of facing her problems, alone, she feels like turning to the helpful insight of a provider.
Like Gemma, you may also be considering whether a mental health professional could help you get a better handle and perspective on your emotional wellbeing. At Thriveworks in Waco, TX we can offer you the assistance and guidance of our experienced team of counselors, therapists, and psychiatrists. We stand apart from other providers by offering you personalized care, based on your personal needs and preferences.
How Can a Mental Health Professional Help Me?
Our therapists, counselors, and psychiatrists work to help everyday people to manage their mental health concerns and conditions. Through therapy, counseling, and psychiatric care, our providers offer mental health services designed to help clients adapt to the real-life scenarios that are causing them emotional turmoil. You may find mental health services beneficial if you’re currently:
- Struggling to cope with and manage work or family-related stress
- Noticing that you no longer enjoy your interests, hobbies, or relationships
- Struggling to regulate emotions like anger or grief
- Feeling sad or hopeless for an extended period of time
- Experiencing issues in one’s marriage or relationship
- Noticing that anxiety and racing thoughts are upsetting their daily life
These are just a few of the many different scenarios that might disturb someone’s mental health. If you’re experiencing negative thoughts and emotions, your situation and its symptoms may differ. That shouldn’t prevent you from feeling like you can’t talk to one of our providers about what’s going on—by sharing your experience with them, they’ll be able to better understand how they can help you feel better.
Should I Talk to an Online Psychiatrist?
At Thriveworks in Waco, TX our psychiatric services are completely virtual, meaning that you can attend your sessions from anywhere. As long as you have reliable internet access and somewhere private to talk with your provider, you’ll be able to eliminate your need to commute to a physical location, and free time up out of your busy schedule. Consider online psychiatry if you’d like to:
- Prioritize your own needs, even if you work a busy schedule or are a frequent traveler
- Want to talk to a psychiatrist, even if there’s no one in your immediate area
- Want to eliminate any anxiety that you may experience about talking to a mental health professional
- Find time to attend your sessions while working from home or watching after children or elderly family members
Psychiatrists are specialized mental health professionals, who are set apart from other providers by having a background as both a medical doctor and provider who is often licensed to conduct therapy sessions. For those suffering from more persistent or disruptive mental health conditions, psychiatrists are often the preferred treatment of choice. Call Thriveworks in Waco, TX if you’re struggling with:
- Generalized anxiety disorder
- Major depression
- Eating disorders
- And many other mental health conditions
Schedule a Therapy, Counseling, or Psychiatry Session at Thriveworks in Waco, TX
Call our office to get started if you’re ready to partner with one of our mental health professionals in Waco, TX. Though therapy can’t resolve everything within one session, our providers will work to help you reclaim your independence and happiness from the mental health conditions that have been causing you pain. When you pick up the phone, you’ll be assisted by one of our scheduling specialists, who can help you with each step in the enrollment process. Choosing to become an enrollee with Thriveworks opens the door to exclusive benefits that other providers struggle to offer, including:
- Same and next-day sessions availability
- Weekend and evening openings
- Email communication with your provider between sessions
- The ability to cancel up until 23.5 hours before your scheduled session time
- Our life coach Q/A chat, for those questions that can’t wait until your next session
Don’t delay seeking mental health services if you believe that you could benefit from talking to one of our providers. Reach out to Thriveworks in Waco, TX—you can thrive, we can help.