As modern opinions about mental health conditions and therapy continue to shift, more and more people are turning to the world of mental health to gain the insight and guidance that therapists and psychiatrists can provide. People seek therapy for all sorts of reasons, and by forming a professional connection with their provider, clients can play an active role in improving their own mental health.
At <span data-sheets-value=""1":2,"2":"Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Stockton"” data-sheets-userformat=”"2":515,"3":"1":0,"4":"1":2,"2":13624051,"12":0“>Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Stockton, we still know that many people still feel uncertain about the benefits of therapy or therapy and psychiatric services. Though their reasoning may vary, it might be that they would rather not converse with a therapist whom they don’t know; or perhaps they feel that seeking mental health services would indicate that there’s something wrong with them. In other words, many folks still assume that they will be judged at some point in the therapy process for struggling with their mental health.
Our providers interact with clients of all ages and backgrounds, so every person’s therapy process or psychiatric services will vary. We put together an individualized plan of treatment for each individual’s unique needs and goals.
What Is the Difference Between Therapy, Counseling, and Psychiatry?
Therapy, provided by our counselors and therapists, addresses emotional and behavioral challenges using therapeutic techniques for mental well-being. Counseling, offered by counselors or therapists, focuses on specific issues and life adjustments, while psychiatry, led by our psychiatric nurse practitioners, involves diagnosing and treating mental health conditions with medication.
What Are the Types of Therapists You Can See?
While availability may vary, at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Stockton, we offer:
- Licensed Clinical Social Workers (LCSWs): Specialized in social work and counseling for individuals, families, and groups.
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists (LMFTs): Focused on relationship and family-related issues.
- Licensed Professional Clinical Counselors (LPCCs): Trained to offer counseling services for various emotional and mental health issues.
When you connect with a provider at Thriveworks, you’ll be sharing your experience with an industry-leading expert; someone with the experience and professional insight you need to move forward.
How Do I Find the Right Therapist?
To find the right therapist or therapeutic approach at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Stockton, browse our provider profiles, or contact your local office at (571) 554-1147 to discuss your needs and preferences with our helpful support team.
Signs I Should Go to Therapy
Some of the signs you might benefit from therapy or psychiatric services include:
- Persistent feelings of sadness, anxiety, or hopelessness
- Difficulty managing and coping with daily stress
- Strained or troubled relationships with family, friends, or partners
- Overwhelming grief after a significant loss
- Frequent mood swings, anger, or irritability
- Changes in appetite, sleep patterns, or energy levels
- Unresolved trauma or past experiences affecting your well-being
- Struggles with addictive behaviors or substance abuse
- Loss of interest in previously enjoyed activities
- Overwhelming feelings of guilt, shame, or worthlessness
Don’t hesitate to reach out to one of our providers if you’re feeling any of these symptoms.
What Are the Benefits of Online Therapy and In-Person Therapy?
The benefits of online therapy include:
- Convenience and accessibility from anywhere
- Reduced travel time and costs
- Comfortable and familiar environment
- A wider selection of therapists to choose from
The benefits of in-person therapy include:
- Face-to-face interaction and non-verbal cues
- No reliance on internet connection or technology
- Privacy and confidentiality in a physical office
What Should I Do If a Loved One Needs Help?
If you have a loved one who is in need of mental health services, you can help them by attempting to:
- Communicate openly and non-judgmentally
- Offer support and encourage them to seek professional help
- Research and connect them with appropriate resources
- Be patient and maintain a supportive presence throughout their journey to recovery
Our experienced therapists, counselors, and psychiatric nurse practitioners can assist—don’t hesitate to have the individual you love seek help and support.
Are the Therapists at Thriveworks Licensed and Verified to Provide Therapy?
Yes, all of our therapists, counselors, and psychiatric nurse practitioners are licensed or in the process of receiving their licensure.
How Much Does Therapy Cost?
At Thriveworks, we take most major forms of insurance, which means that many of our clients only pay $0-$50 co-pay per session. However, there are also self-pay options that sit around $200 per session (for both in-person and online sessions) depending on the service and location, for those who are out-of-network.
Schedule an Appointment With Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Stockton
When mental health issues or concerns arise, it’s best to be proactive. To help them navigate this journey, we use our team of scheduling specialists. Instead of getting a robot, clients who call in are greeted by a trained professional, who can help with everything from scheduling appointments to finding the mental health professional that’s right for you.
Thriveworks also provides benefits to those who book with us that are unmatched by other providers. When you schedule with us, you get insider perks like:
- Scheduling specialists that are available 7 days a week
- A wide range of accepted insurance
- Quick booking turnaround
- Individualized care from an experienced provider
As we’ve said before, anyone can benefit from the freedom and resiliency that therapy or psychiatric services may provide. Our client experience is completely focused on you, and with benefits like online therapy, being able to prioritize your mental health has never been easier.