Brian recently decided to make a career change, and he’s still thinking through his decision weeks later. Although he’s happy that he was able to find a new job, he’s noticing that many of the things he disliked about his previous position are still present at his new company. Brian wants to be able to enjoy a peaceful work-life balance, but that’s something that has always eluded him. After some thinking, Brian’s wondering if the issue isn’t work but instead himself; Brian is noticing, more and more, a recurring anxiety that makes him fixate on negative thoughts and emotions.
While he knows he could go on avoiding what he’s feeling, Brian’s decided that he needs to address what’s really going on, even though he doesn’t quite understand yet. That’s why he’s scheduled a meeting with a mental health professional, someone who can assist him as he processes his anxiety, and who can offer him coping strategies to use in real-life situations. While counseling or therapy may not resolve his emotional discomfort in one session, Brian’s confident that he’ll be able to better address his anxiety by talking with a provider.
Like Brian, you may also be feeling off-center, and as though your mental health is worsening. At Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry McKinney, we encourage you to reach out to our office for assistance. Our therapists, counselors, and psychiatrists are available to work with you to address your mental health conditions and offer you personalized solutions.
What Mental Health Services Are Offered at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry McKinney?
Here’s a list of the main mental health services offered at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry McKinney:
- Individual counseling
- Couples therapy/marriage counseling
- Family counseling
- Child therapy and teen counseling
- Psychiatry and medication management
Through counseling, therapy, and/or psychiatry services, we help with a range of mental health conditions and other challenges, including:
- Eating disorders
- LGBTQ+ issues
- Relationship problems
- Sexual abuse/issues
- Sleep problems
Our providers — from therapists/counselors to psychologists, psychiatrists, and nurse practitioners — specialize in a range of counseling approaches, but they’ll cater your treatment to your unique preferences and needs. They might utilize:
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT)
- Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR)
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Strength-based counseling
- Solution-focused therapy
- Christian counseling
- Emotionally-focused therapy
- Family systems
- Motivational interviewing
Should I Talk to a Mental Health Professional?
Anyone can benefit from talking to a provider because therapy is about constant progress—not about perfecting yourself. Express your inner thoughts and turmoil, and listen as industry-leading professionals break down the potential triggers and solutions to your mental health challenges. Some signs that you’re dealing with a condition or challenge that could be improved through therapy or counseling include:
- Noticing that anxiety and racing thoughts are upsetting your daily life
- Having difficulty coping with and regulating work or family-related stress
- Difficulty regulating emotions like anger or grief
- Feeling sad or hopeless for an extended period of time
- Experiencing issues in your marriage or relationship
If your current circumstances vary, you can rest assured that our team in McKinney, TX will do their very best to address the mental health concerns that are weighing on your mind.
Benefits of Online Psychiatry
For many, online psychiatry offers a quick and convenient way to manage disruptive mental health conditions—virtually. Psychiatrists are medical doctors who are able to use therapy and medication to help you mitigate the symptoms of severe or persistent mental health conditions, including:
- Generalized anxiety disorder
- Major depression
- Eating disorders
- And many other conditions
With online psychiatric services through Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry McKinney, you can talk with your psychiatrist from the comfort of your home or other chosen space. You can attend your meetings from virtually anywhere, so long as you have a relatable internet connection and somewhere to speak privately. Our psychiatrists are expert listeners: They’ll be sure to address any concerns or questions that you may have about your treatment plan.
Schedule a Counseling or Psychiatry Session with Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry McKinney
If you’re ready to take back your life from the disruptive and damaging effects of mental health conditions, then call Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry McKinney today. Our providers are standing by, ready to assist you with each of life’s twists and turns. When you contact our office, our support specialists will help you with each step of the scheduling process. Choosing to become a Thriveworks client opens the door to exclusive benefits, including:
- Video Sessions: In-person care doesn’t work for every lifestyle or schedule. We offer effective and convenient counseling and psychiatry services over video.
- No Waitlists: Average wait times for mental health care can be three weeks or more. We provide next-day psychiatry appointments to new clients.
- Only Top Providers: The search for an exceptional provider can be discouraging. We hire only the top 4% of providers to join our team and provide the very best care to our clients.
- Affordable Services: Most practices don’t take insurance and have expensive rates. We accept hundreds of insurance plans and offer affordable out-of-pocket rates.
Consider whether you could benefit from talking to a provider about your situation. Choosing to connect with a therapist or psychiatrist is a decision that might offer you a renewed quality of life, and freedom from the pain of your negative thoughts and emotions. Call Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry McKinney; there’s no reason to delay getting a professional’s help with the conditions that are troubling you. With a provider’s guidance and insight, you can reclaim your emotional wellbeing, and start working towards your mental health goals.