Pittsburgh, PA Mental Health Counseling & Therapy
“I don’t know how people can live without a therapist.”
The mental health professionals at Thriveworks Counseling in Pittsburgh, PA can be your trusted partner in taking care of your mental health. We offer mental health care that ranges from therapy to counseling, life coaching, and more.
Counseling and Therapy: How Does It Work?
Thriveworks Counseling in Pittsburgh can help you recognize harmful habits and patterns in life, repair destructive or unhealthy relationships, and improve any areas of weakness. We can be a confidant, and someone who is simply looking out for you, your health, your happiness, and your goals. If you are struggling with a mental illness, we may also help you find a diagnosis and treatment plan.
Your Thriveworks counselor may also help you identify your skills and talents, develop realistic and honest goals, create action steps, and measure progress. When trying to make a change in your life, simply having someone to process your thoughts and emotions with can make a huge difference.
Here’s a couple examples of how Thriveworks Counseling in Pittsburgh may make a difference…
- Anxiety and Depression Treatment: Most people do not truly understand what it is like to live with a mental health problem like depression or anxiety. Those who have experienced depression know the herculean effort it can take to pull oneself out of bed in the morning. Those who know anxiety first hand know what it is like to feel trapped in one’s own house or apartment because it is just too stressful to venture out. Truly, the painful symptoms of depression and anxiety can feel all-encompassing and cause severe emotional pain. At Thriveworks, we understand the devastating effects that depression and anxiety can have on one’s relationships, career, and everyday functioning. Our coaches, counselors, and other mental health providers are ready to help. With their decades of experience, they have helped many clients overcome their depression and anxiety symptoms. These disorders are treatable. Let’s talk, and see if setting up a first session is a good decision for you. Call our Pittsburgh office today.
- Stress Management: Life’s challenges affect us all. No matter what walk of life you come from, you will have encountered difficulties and have had to push yourself to overcome life’s obstacles. You may be a graphic designer, a retail manager, a small business owner, or a construction worker, but the thing we all share is that daily trials and stresses can limit our enjoyment of life and how we see ourselves in the world. Many common problems include career decisions, relational tensions, financial stresses, and self-doubt. It may be that you are looking to make a substantial change in your life, or it may be that you just want to make the best of the good situation. The drawbacks in life are common and the details of stress are unique to each person. A life coach, counselor, or therapist may be able to help you become who you want to be, surpassing all your expectations.
How Can Life Coaching Help Me?
In addition to counseling and therapy, Thriveworks Pittsburgh offers life coaching services, which can take on many different forms, such as career coaching, health coaching, business coaching, and mentoring. Coaching differs from mental health counseling. Technically, anyone can call themselves a life coach, whether they are experienced or educated or credentialed or not—but our life coaches are certified, licensed professionals in the mental health field.
The life coaching services at Thriveworks Counseling are designed to enrich your life. Your time with your coach may be fun, entertaining, and something many clients look forward to during their week, even though personal growth is not always easy. If real change or progress is possible, the journey to achieve these goals may be painful at times. During those harder times, our life coaches are prepared to offer the support and care that you need. Whatever your experience or needs, your Thriveworks life coach will be honored to walk with you on this journey. Each client is different, and presents different goals for their coaching or counseling experience. We understand and respect this and will tailor our process for your individual needs.
Many people pursue life coaching when they are facing relational or professional changes. Are you considering a career change? Are you job searching? Are you and your significant other considering marriage? If so, consider working with a life coach at Thriveworks Counseling in Pittsburgh as you navigate these life adjustments.
Benefits of Counseling, Therapy, and Life Coaching
No matter the complications you face and no matter the particulars of your life, our counselors, therapists, and life coaches are ready to offer support and guidance. They do this by encouraging you to discover what is most important to you. A mental health professional may help you to:
- Discover what your priorities are.
- Learn the best way to manage those priorities.
- Establish strategies and techniques to be your best self.
- Remove the obstacles that are all too often in your way.
- Offer dedicated time and support.
Scheduling an Appointment at Thriveworks Counseling in Pittsburgh, PA
If you are ready to meet with a mental health professional, consider reaching out to Thriveworks Counseling. Our mental health professionals do not operate with a waiting list. We know that it can be difficult to make that first call for help. Simply pick up the phone, make that call, and a person will answer your call. Get started on your journey of growth and healing. We often have appointments available for new clients within 24 hours.
Our Clients Get More
We call this The Thriveworks Difference
|Thriveworks||Typical Counseling Practice|
|Offices open early and late|
|Same- or next-day appointments|
|Appointments start on time||Unlikely|
|Care at 100+ locations|
|Phone access to your provider between sessions|
|Email access to your provider between sessions|
|Providers that accept major insurance plans|
|Online counseling opportunities||Unlikely|
|Ask-a-coach 24hr Q&A|
|Text support via our Success Navigator|
|Exclusive video content|
|Counselor-moderated community discussion|
|Ultra-flexible 23.5hr cancellations|
|A free e-copy of “Leaving Depression Behind”|