Creating a happy, healthy life is more easily said than done. No one is exempt from hardship, pain, and setbacks. Whether the challenge is personal, professional, or relational, no one should have to face difficult, unpleasant challenges alone. Fortunately, today, many people are reaching out for help and working with a mental health professional.
Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Winston-Salem has licensed counselors, therapists, clinical social workers, addiction specialists, psychiatric nurse practitioners, and psychologists who love helping people. Whether they are working with a client to manage symptoms of a mental health condition or to achieve their next career move, our staff cares about every individual who walks through their doors. To schedule an appointment with a mental health professional of your own, just give our office a call.
What Is the Difference Between Therapy, Counseling, and Psychiatry?
Therapy, provided by our counselors and therapists, addresses emotional and behavioral challenges using therapeutic techniques for mental well-being. Counseling, offered by counselors or therapists, focuses on specific issues and life adjustments, while psychiatry, led by our psychiatric nurse practitioners, involves diagnosing and treating mental health conditions with medication.
What Are the Types of Therapists You Can See?
While availability may vary, at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Winston-Salem, we offer:
- Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counselors (LCMHCs): Trained to provide mental health counseling.
- Licensed Clinical Social Workers (LCSWs): Specialized in social work and counseling for individuals, families, and groups.
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists (LMFTs): Focused on relationship and family-related issues.
- Licensed Professional Counselors (LPCs): Trained to offer counseling services for various emotional and mental health issues.
When you connect with a provider at Thriveworks, you’ll be sharing your experience with an industry-leading expert; someone with the experience and professional insight you need to move forward.
How Do I Find the Right Therapist?
To find the right therapist or therapeutic approach at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Winston-Salem, browse our provider profiles, or contact your local office at (336) 203-8853 to discuss your needs and preferences with our helpful support team.
Are the Therapists at Thriveworks Licensed and Verified to Provide Therapy?
Yes, all of our therapists, counselors, and psychiatric nurse practitioners are licensed or in the process of receiving their licensure.
What Are the Benefits of Online Therapy and In-Person Therapy?
The benefits of online therapy include:
- Convenience and accessibility from anywhere
- Reduced travel time and costs
- Comfortable and familiar environment
- A wider selection of therapists to choose from
The benefits of in-person therapy include:
- Face-to-face interaction and non-verbal cues
- No reliance on internet connection or technology
- Privacy and confidentiality in a physical office
Signs I Should Go to Therapy
Some of the signs you might benefit from therapy or psychiatric services include:
- Persistent feelings of sadness, anxiety, or hopelessness
- Difficulty managing and coping with daily stress
- Strained or troubled relationships with family, friends, or partners
- Overwhelming grief after a significant loss
- Children’s issues
- Frequent mood swings, anger, or irritability
- Changes in appetite, sleep patterns, or energy levels
- Unresolved trauma or past experiences affecting your well-being
- Struggles with addictive behaviors or substance abuse
- Loss of interest in previously enjoyed activities
- Overwhelming feelings of guilt, shame, or worthlessness
Don’t hesitate to reach out to one of our providers if you’re feeling any of these symptoms.
What Should I Do If a Loved One Needs Help?
If you have a loved one who is in need of mental health services, you can help them by attempting to:
- Communicate openly and non-judgmentally
- Offer support and encourage them to seek professional help
- Research and connect them with appropriate resources
- Be patient and maintain a supportive presence throughout their journey to recovery
Our experienced therapists, counselors, and psychiatric nurse practitioners can assist—don’t hesitate to have the individual you love seek help and support.
How Much Does Therapy Cost?
At Thriveworks, we take most major forms of insurance, which means that many of our clients only pay $0-$50 co-pay per session. However, there are also self-pay options that sit around $200 per session (for both in-person and online sessions) depending on the service and location, for those who are out-of-network.
Schedule Therapy or Counseling at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Winston-Salem
As the stigma that once surrounded mental health care wanes, people’s access to mental health services rises. If you are ready to meet with a mental health professional, know that Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Winston-Salem is ready to meet with you.
When you work with our office, our hope is that you feel supported from the first time you pick up the phone and dial our number. Here are a few things you can expect to happen when you call our office:
- You may have your first appointment within a week of calling, as many new clients do.
- Our scheduling specialists will answer the phone and work to get you scheduled as quickly as possible.
- Weekend and evening appointments are available, in addition to the normal weekday and daytime sessions.
- Our counselors, therapists, and psychiatrists accept most major forms of insurance.
Let’s work together for improved mental health. Contact Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Winston-Salem today to schedule an appointment.