Therapists and Counselors at Thriveworks in Round Rock, TX
We can all benefit in some way from working with a skilled, caring mental health professional: this is the foundation that Thriveworks was built on. And it’s only strengthened over the years. Maybe your communication skills could use some fine-tuning; maybe your anxiety is becoming unbearable; or maybe you just need someone to talk to. In any case, a therapist or counselor can help to put the pieces back together. However, while many are starting to acknowledge and support this notion, sometimes it’s hard to take that first step and actually begin therapy.
Your reservations are understandable. In fact, they’re normal. It’s scary to launch into the unknown—but it’s also worth it (at least in this case). Fortunately, you can get past these nerves and experience firsthand the benefits of in-person therapy or online counseling at Thriveworks Round Rock. Doing so is all about understanding what your therapy journey might entail and truly believing your therapist can help you—which will prove easy when you begin work with one of our providers. As they are truly skilled, caring professionals, dedicated to helping you thrive in life.
What Mental Health Services Are Offered at Thriveworks Round Rock?
Here’s a list of the main mental health services offered at [Insert Business Name] (e.g. Thriveworks Counseling Anchorage):
- Individual counseling
- Couples therapy/marriage counseling
- Family counseling
- Child therapy and teen counseling
Through therapy and counseling services, we help with a range of mental health conditions and other challenges, including:
- Eating disorders
- LGBTQ+ issues
- Relationship problems
- Sexual abuse/issues
- Sleep problems
Our providers — from therapists and counselors to psychologists — specialize in a range of counseling approaches, but they’ll cater your treatment to your unique preferences and needs. They might utilize:
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT)
- Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR)
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Strength-based counseling
- Solution-focused therapy
- Christian counseling
- Emotionally-focused therapy
- Family systems
- Motivational interviewing
Mental Health Care: A Road to Healing
Counselors and therapists help their clients take meaningful strides toward living an overall happier, healthier life. These clients can present a range of problems. In any such case, a counselor or therapist can help—not by telling their client what to do, but by helping them open up about the problem, guiding them in finding the right solution to their problem, and assisting them in developing healthier habits. Let’s take a look at how a counselor might approach a couple of cases:
- Jen has been a confident woman her entire life—that is, until post-baby. Just last month, she gave birth to a beautiful baby girl. And she’s loved every second of motherhood, but now she struggles with a low self-esteem. Fortunately, her counselor works with her each week to adopt healthier thinking patterns: she’s starting to realize her stretch marks and her belly aren’t signs of weakness, but strength. Her body grew and protected the most important person in the world. And that’s something to love.
- After dating Courtney for five happy years, Mark decided to end it. They were great together, but Mark craved independence; he yearned to be alone. What he didn’t want, however, was to feel lonely—an inevitable and unfortunate consequence of the breakup. Mark struggled with these feelings of loneliness for a month or so until he decided to see a therapist. He’s still working at it, but now he’s able to spend meaningful time alone without feeling lonely thanks to his new outlook and the techniques he has learned from his therapist.
Therapy Works: How and Why?
Mental health professionals dedicate their lives to helping people heal. Talking to a counselor or therapist at Thriveworks Round Rock isn’t the same as talking to a friend or family member about your problems—these healthcare providers specialize in helping you manage, overcome, and thrive in life. Perhaps more importantly, they’re committed to helping you heal and live happily again.
As previously mentioned, therapy patients struggle with a variety of problems, from bad habits to unhealthy relationships, harmful thoughts, and even mental illness. Whatever the situation may be, our mental health professionals can help. Here’s how you can expect the process to unfold:
- First, you’ll have to knock out some paperwork, which will cover your medical history, family history, and any other important medical information.
- Once you’ve finished the paperwork, you’ll probably answer some additional questions posed by your therapist. They’ll want to clear up any ambiguities.
- Then, the two of you will talk a little bit about confidentiality: if you’re an adult, your therapist or counselor can’t share any of your personal information or anything you tell them with anyone else. You are in a safe place.
- As soon as you get these basics out of the way, you can get down to business! For the remainder of your first session, your therapist is going to want to get to know you. Aside from the medical history, who are you? What brought you to therapy? What do you want to get out of therapy?
- From there, you’ll continue to progress with each session. It might not feel like you’re progressing at times, but you are. Again, therapy is a journey, which sometimes means taking a couple steps back before moving forward—it’s all part of the grand plan.
Scheduling a Therapy or Counseling Session at Thriveworks Round Rock
Do you feel fulfilled in the life that you’re living today? Or do you recognize the room to grow? If you think you could use a healthy intervention and benefit from talking to a mental health professional, the therapists and counselors at Thriveworks Round Rock are ready and excited to meet with you.
To schedule an appointment, all you have to do is give us a call. Our scheduling specialists are waiting to hear from you and can help you schedule an appointment on the day and at the time that works best for you! We offer flexible evening and weekend appointments because we get it: life is hectic. Sometimes you can’t make those daytime sessions. But you still deserve the opportunity to explore all that therapy has to offer. We also offer online counseling therapy opportunities. Let us do that for you—give Thriveworks Round Rock a call today.
Where Is Thriveworks Round Rock Located?
Thriveworks Round Rock is located at 1101 Satellite View #603, Round Rock, TX 78665. If you can’t find our office or you need further directions, just call us! We’ll be happy to help you get here. We look forward to meeting you soon.