The primary mission at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Baltimore is to help people live happy, successful lives. We aim to accomplish this mission by providing our clients with the mental health help they need or could benefit from. We help individuals, couples, and families to make important changes in their lives and their relationships; we also equip them with tools for better managing the difficult challenges we might encounter in any given moment.
If you see the value that you could find in working with a therapist, counselor, psychiatrist, psychologist, or life coach, reach out to Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Baltimore. We are here and eager to help you work through current challenges and prepare for stressful or strenuous situations you might run into later. To schedule your appointment, simply give us a call.
How Can a Counselor, Therapist, or Psychologist Help Me?
The mental health professionals at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Baltimore have a range of specialties and experience, of which enable them to help a variety of clients, all with unique needs. Here are a few examples of how a counselor, therapist, or psychologist could help you:
- Managing a mental illness: Developing and understanding symptoms of a mental illness is a feat in and of itself. Now, throw in learning to manage or recover your mental illness and you’ve got a really big challenge on your hands. Fortunately, there are professionals who can offer a diagnosis as well as treatment for a range of mental illnesses including depression and anxiety. The mental health therapists, counselors, and psychologists at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Baltimore can help you.
- Dealing with an unruly teen: There’s no question that living with a difficult teenager can be draining, frustrating, and challenging. It’s common for teenagers to rebel but it can also lead to more serious trouble. If you need help talking to your teen about their behavior or you’re considering setting them up with a professional, Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Baltimore is here to help.
- Saving or strengthening your marriage: Marriage can feel like a constant uphill battle. If your feelings have started to wane since the day you said your vows, know that our marriage counselors are here to assist you. They can help couples break down the true problems and strengthen their relationship.
- Managing stress and strain from caregiving: Caregivers need support, too. If you’re here because you’re thinking of someone in your life who needs help, take a moment to ask yourself this: do you need help too? Caring for someone who’s struggling can take a significant toll. If you’re ready to create healthy boundaries and heal from the stress you’ve been dealing with, Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Baltimore is here to help.
If you think you could use a little help or support in working through the above, we are here and happy to help. If you’d like a little help or support in working through a totally separate challenge, like grievance counseling, abuse counseling, or any other psychological help, we’re here and happy to help with that too!
What If a Loved One Needs Mental Health Help?
It can feel impossible to know how to help a loved one when they’re struggling. It can leave you feeling lonely and frustrated. If you’re looking for help with your spouse, child, or another friend or family member, know that Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Baltimore is here to offer our assistance and support.
It’s important that you know helping a loved one is never your responsibility. It may be something you choose to do because you love them but you should not take it to heart if they refuse your help or decide against receiving mental health treatment. If you let them know you’re worried, suggest they get help, and then provide them with options, you have done everything you can do!
Should I Speak With a Licensed Psychiatrist?
A psychiatrist is a medical doctor that has years of training and education in the diagnosis and treatment of various mental health issues, including:
- Bipolar disorder
- Eating disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Substance abuse
Many of these issues involve both mental and physical symptoms or can have a significant impact on one’s physical and mental health. A licensed psychiatrist has a medical background, which gives them the ability to effectively evaluate and monitor those symptoms while treating the underlying illness.
This also means they can prescribe medication, perform psychotherapy, and offer a number of additional therapy options. If you think you might benefit from psychiatry counseling, contact us today to set up a virtual appointment with one of our board-certified psychiatrists in Baltimore, MD.
Work with a Mental Health Professional at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Baltimore
If you’re ready to schedule an appointment with a therapist, counselor, psychiatrist, psychologist, or life coach at Thriveworks Baltimore, we’re ready too! Just give our office a call. You can look forward to the following:
- Quick and flexible scheduling
- In-person and online counseling opportunities
- A partnership with a skilled, caring mental health professional
- Excellent customer service and support
We hope to hear from you soon.