The Swiss psychiatrist Carl G. Jung once stated, “Even a happy life cannot be without a measure of darkness, and the word happy would lose its meaning if it were not balanced by sadness.” We all get sad, angry, and distressed sometimes. These are normal, human emotions that for the most part we’ve learned to regulate and cope with throughout our lives.
But sometimes we can get overwhelmed. Sometimes our usual strategies for dealing with difficult emotions fall apart. We might not have the time or the bandwidth to fully process an event, leaving us with feelings of trauma. Or we might find that our feelings of depression are interfering with our daily functioning. At these times, it’s helpful to reach out to a mental health professional who has the insights to lead us to the other side of our distress.
The licensed counselors at Thriveworks in Rio Rancho, NM have the experience and compassion to support people who are suffering. They can give clients the resources they need to overcome their daily hurdles and find ways to achieve their goals. You don’t have to be in crisis to seek professional mental health services. Therapists at Thriveworks can help people navigate their everyday feelings and stressors. They can also work with spouses and families to resolve conflicts and improve communication.
What Do Mental Health Counselors Do?
Licensed counselors and other mental health providers are devoted to helping people lead richer, happier, more fulfilling lives. They do this by targeting emotional, cognitive, and behavioral wellbeing. By engaging with the inner lives of clients, they aim to discover ways to help them thrive and attain their objectives in life. Thriveworks in Rio Rancho, NM boasts a number of specialized mental health providers, including the following:
- Licensed professional counselors (LPCs), who focus on helping clients find practical solutions to life’s problems.
- Psychotherapists, who are psychology professionals who use talk therapy to enhance mental wellbeing.
- Psychologists (PsyDs or PhDs), who use talk therapy to support the mental and behavioral health of clients. They can be counseling psychologists or clinical psychologists.
- Psychiatrists (MDs), who can prescribe medication to improve someone’s mental or behavioral symptoms.
- Licensed marriage and family therapists (LMFTs), who help couples and family members with their relationships.
- Licensed clinical social workers (LCSWs), who provide counseling and social services support.
When Should I See a Counselor?
Sometimes the people who see counselors are in acute need of professional help, for instance clients who are struggling with depression, severe anxiety, or panic attacks. Other times people just need someone to talk to who isn’t an intimate partner, a friend, or a family member. It can be easier to open up emotionally in a safe space, guided by a professional trained to listen closely and provide meaningful psychological insights.
The counselors and other mental health providers at Thriveworks in Rio Rancho, NM have expertise in treating any of the following issues and conditions, as well as many more:
- Panic disorder
- Marriage or family conflict
- Prescription medication management
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Bipolar disorder (manic depression)
- Anorexia and bulimia
- Sex addiction
- Ecological grief and anxiety
- Parenting concerns
- Premarital counseling
- Trauma and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Child behavioral issues
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Work stress
How Can Counseling Help Depression?
Professional counseling at Thriveworks in Rio Rancho, NM can help ease depression symptoms in numerous ways. Here are just a few:
- A top-rated therapist can begin a treatment program of cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) to modify maladaptive thinking patterns that can lead to a depressed mood.
- A social worker can direct a client to resources that might help them with their financial or family situation, addressing the external issues that might contribute to feelings of depression.
- A Thriveworks psychiatrist can prescribe medication like antidepressants to support healthy brain functioning.
- An online counselor can talk a depressed client through their social anxiety, gradually leading the client toward more healthy engagement with their support system.
Get Exceptional Care at Thriveworks in Rio Rancho, NM
At Thriveworks in Rio Rancho, NM, mental health providers are there to listen, treat people holistically, and provide the guidance they need to feel better. At Thriveworks, clients can see clients online through virtual counseling sessions, or in-person at the modern office. The fully licensed providers at Thriveworks accept most major forms of health insurance. This helps make therapy affordable to all who need it.
Thriveworks also provides additional enrollment benefits to clients, such as email and phone access to providers between sessions. When you call the Thriveworks office, our staff can usually arrange your first therapy appointment quickly. Most clients see their provider within 24-48 hours of their initial call.
Contact Thriveworks in Rio Rancho, NM today to get matched with your exceptional counselor and discover ways to improve your life. We look forward to hearing from you!