Thriveworks Counseling & Child Therapy Northeast Raleigh, our providers can help significantly improve your mental health. Whether you’re looking for guidance in making big decisions or need help managing conditions and concerns, Thriveworks can help. Call our office at (919) 822-8270 or schedule online to get started today.
What Is the Difference Between Therapy, Counseling, and Psychiatry?
Therapy, provided by our counselors and therapists, addresses emotional and behavioral challenges using therapeutic techniques for mental well-being. Counseling, offered by counselors or therapists, focuses on specific issues and life adjustments, while psychiatry, led by our psychiatric nurse practitioners, involves diagnosing and treating mental health conditions with medication.
What Are the Types of Therapists You Can See?
While availability may vary, at Thriveworks Counseling & Child Therapy, we offer:
- Licensed Mental Health Counselors (LMHCs): Trained to provide mental health counseling.
- Licensed Clinical Social Workers (LCSW): Specialized in social work and counseling for individuals, families, and groups.
- Licensed Professional Counselors (LPCs): Trained to offer counseling services for various emotional and mental health issues.
When you connect with a provider at Thriveworks, you’ll be sharing your experience with an industry-leading expert; someone with the experience and professional insight you need to move forward.
How Do I Find the Right Therapist?
To find the right therapist or therapeutic approach at Thriveworks Counseling & Child Therapy, browse our provider profiles, or contact your local office at (919) 822-8270 to discuss your needs and preferences with our helpful support team.
Are the Therapists at Thriveworks Licensed and Verified to Provide Therapy?
Yes, all of our therapists, counselors, and psychiatric nurse practitioners are licensed or in the process of receiving their licensure.
What Are the Benefits of Online Therapy and In-Person Therapy?
The benefits of online therapy include:
- Convenience and accessibility from anywhere
- Reduced travel time and costs
- Comfortable and familiar environment
- A wider selection of therapists to choose from
The benefits of in-person therapy include:
- Face-to-face interaction and non-verbal cues
- No reliance on internet connection or technology
- Privacy and confidentiality in a physical office
Signs I Should Go to Therapy
Some of the signs you might benefit from therapy or psychiatric services include:
- Persistent feelings of sadness, anxiety, or hopelessness
- Difficulty managing and coping with daily stress
- Strained or troubled relationships with family, friends, or partners
- Overwhelming grief or depression after a significant loss
- Frequent mood swings, anger, or irritability
- Changes in appetite, sleep patterns, or energy levels
- Unresolved trauma or past experiences affecting your well-being
- Struggles with addictive behaviors or substance abuse
- Loss of interest in previously enjoyed activities
- Overwhelming feelings of guilt, shame, or worthlessness
Don’t hesitate to reach out to one of our providers if you’re feeling any of these symptoms.
What Should I Do If a Loved One Needs Help?
If you have a loved one who is need of mental health services, you can help them by attempting to:
- Communicate openly and non-judgmentally
- Offer support and encourage them to seek professional help
- Research and connect them with appropriate resources
- Be patient and maintain a supportive presence throughout their journey to recovery
Our experienced therapists, counselors, and psychiatric nurse practitioners can assist—don’t hesitate to have the individual you love seek help and support.
How Much Does Therapy Cost?
At Thriveworks, we take most major forms of insurance, which means that many of our clients only pay $0-$50 co-pay per session. However, there are also self-pay options that sit around $200 per session (for both in-person and online sessions) depending on the service and location, for those who are out-of-network.
Does Therapy Work? What to Expect
Whether or not you’ve worked with a mental health professional before, you may have some reservations. Deciding to pursue therapy isn’t always an easy choice. You might be worried about getting emotional, letting out the things eating you up inside, or even just being vulnerable. However, we want you to know that pursuing professional help is a strong decision and a step in the right direction. You’re making a smart choice by choosing to work with someone at Thriveworks Counseling & Child Therapy Northeast Raleigh.
When you begin working with one of our psychiatrists or counselors, they will assess what’s going on in your life and all of the ways you might need assistance. They will then create a customized plan of action based on your needs, goals, and concerns. This will allow you to gain the most from your time at Thriveworks and be set up to move forward with confidence.
During your time in therapy, you could work on things like:
- Communication skills
- Problem-solving techniques
- Coping mechanisms
- Trust building
- Stress management
Ultimately, your provider will work to help you live the life that makes you happy, that supports your mental health and wellbeing, and that enables you to thrive.
Work With a Counselor at Thriveworks Counseling & Child Therapy Northeast Raleigh
Here at Thriveworks Counseling & Child Therapy Northeast Raleigh, we believe in providing accessible mental health care to our community. That’s why we offer competitive benefits such as same- and next-day appointments, flexible cancellations, evening and weekend appointments, no waitlist, easy self-pay options, and more.
To learn more about our benefits and schedule your first session, click over to our online booking system, or give our office a call. One of our scheduling specialists will help you find a time that best suits you. You deserve to live the life you want. We’re ready to help. Just reach out to our office when you’re ready!