Counseling, Psychiatry, and Mental Health Services in Waltham, MA
Have you ever dealt with severe stress in one or many areas of your life that you weren’t sure how to handle? Have you ever found yourself in a problematic relationship? Have you ever been faced with a major life decision that left you feeling anxious or depressed?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, you could benefit from working with a skilled, caring mental health professional. Counselors, therapists, psychiatrists, psychologists, and life coaches dedicate their lives to helping people just like you, overcome mental health issues like those mentioned above.
They assist their clients in identifying the issue and coming up with a plan to manage or resolve said issue. The providers at Thriveworks are uniquely positioned to guide you on this journey, as they have undergone extensive training and possess vital experience that enables them to develop an effective treatment plan for every client they meet.
One more question: do you think you could find value in working with a mental health professional? If the answer is yes, reach out to Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Waltham. If you aren’t sure yet, keep reading—or give us a call to find out more about your in-person and online counseling therapy opportunities.
How Can Therapy or Counseling Help Me?
You don’t have to be going through the toughest week, month, or year of your life to feel justified in seeking mental health help. In fact, many clients are happy or fulfilled when they walk through our doors—but they also recognize that there is a problem they need help identifying or addressing. That said, many others are having the toughest week, month, or year of their life. These individuals might be facing challenges like:
- Depression or anxiety
- Eating disorders or body image issues
- Social isolation or loneliness
- Relationship issues
- Lack of motivation
- Problems at work or school
- Major life changes
The above are common topics discussed in therapy. This means if you yourself are experiencing a challenge on this list, you are not alone. Many people struggle with a mental illness and the harmful symptoms that come with it, crippling feelings of loneliness or social isolation, and relationship issues that threaten to shake their entire world.
So, if something on (or off) this list hits close to home, don’t hesitate in reaching out to a therapist or counselor at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Waltham. Here are a couple of specific examples of how they can lead you toward a better life:
- Stress is a normal part of life—but it can also be incredibly damaging to your mental health. If you feel like you could better manage the stress in your life, a counselor or therapist at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Waltham can help. They will guide you in identifying the sources of your stress and implementing stress-relieving techniques. Your counselor might pull from cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) techniques and others.
- Most couples run into issues, big and small, over the course of their relationship, which might have to do with jealousy, trust, values, money management, and visions for the future. Furthermore, many couples aren’t equipped to handle these issues effectively. If you and your partner are facing a tough problem or have concerns about your relationship, a couples counselor at Thriveworks can help.
- It can be scary to accept and then manage the symptoms of a serious mental illness, but it doesn’t have to be. The counselors and therapists at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Waltham can help you make sense of what you’re experiencing.
These are just a few examples of the challenges you might come to Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Waltham for. The truth is that it doesn’t matter what problem you are wrestling with—the counselors and therapists want to hear about it, and they want to guide you to a better place.
What Mental Health Services Are Offered at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Waltham?
Here’s a list of the main mental health services offered at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Waltham:
- Individual counseling
- Couples therapy/marriage counseling
- Family counseling
- Child therapy and teen counseling
- Psychiatry and medication management
Through counseling, therapy, and/or psychiatry services, we help with a range of mental health conditions and other challenges, including:
- Eating disorders
- LGBTQ+ issues
- Relationship problems
- Sexual abuse/issues
- Sleep problems
Our providers — from therapists/counselors to psychologists, psychiatrists, and nurse practitioners — specialize in a range of counseling approaches, but they’ll cater your treatment to your unique preferences and needs. They might utilize:
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT)
- Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR)
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Strength-based counseling
- Solution-focused therapy
- Christian counseling
- Emotionally-focused therapy
- Family systems
- Motivational interviewing
Should I Talk to an Online Psychiatrist?
While there are many types of mental health professionals, licensed psychiatrists specialize in treating mental, emotional, and behavioral issues from a medical perspective. They are trained to consider both physical and psychological symptoms as part of a holistic diagnosis and treatment process.
No two individuals experience mental and emotional disorders in exactly the same way. For that reason, your psychiatrist will work with you to find a treatment plan that makes sense for you. Psychotherapy and medication are two common tools used during the course of treatment.
Mental health issues don’t have to hold you back from living the life you want. Get in touch with us today at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Waltham to learn more about how virtual psychiatry counseling can help you.
Set Up an Appointment at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Waltham
We all struggle—but we don’t all seek the help that we need to overcome these struggles. The counselors, therapists, psychologists, psychiatrists, and coaches at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Waltham want to help you overcome your struggles, and they hope you give them that chance. They have the training, the experience, and the skills to help you live a happier, more successful life, whether that means coping with symptoms of a mental illness, improving your relationship with your significant other, or simply making a few small changes in your life that yield big outcomes.
Give Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Waltham a a call at (781) 309-9149 to schedule an appointment. A scheduling specialist will greet you and get you set up with a provider who can best help you.
For example, if you are experiencing symptoms of depression, they will set you up with a provider who has the expertise and/or experience in treating depression. If, on the other hand, you and your partner are seeking help for your relationship, they will set you up with a couples counselor. Just a few simple questions will enable them to pair you with the right provider.
Where Is Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Waltham Located?
Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Waltham is located at 375 Totten Pond Rd Suite 408, Waltham, MA 02451. Our building is just west of the intersection of Winter St and Totten Pond Rd. If you have trouble finding our office or have any questions about how to get here, please don’t hesitate to reach out!