Liv hasn’t talked to her best friend, Theresa, in over a month after an intense argument. Even though she’d like to reach out and try to connect, she feels like the distance between them is too great. Ever since, she’s been stuck wondering how to resolve the situation. After doing some thinking, she’s considering whether or not to seek out a mental health professional to help mediate and guide them as they talk things out.
Even though she’s anxious about talking to a provider, she’s feeling open to the support and insight that they can provide. Plus, she’s interested in online counseling, as a way to connect with her friend from home or between breaks at work. While talking to a provider is definitely something new, Liv wants to preserve the relationship that she has with Theresa, and she knows that a mental health professional can help them do that.
At Thriveworks in Chicago, IL (River West), you don’t need to worry about navigating mental health issues and conditions alone. By pairing up with one of our licensed providers, you can get the insight you need to make better mental health a reality.
Should I Talk to a Mental Health Professional?
Everyone is different, and that’s why our providers always provide each client with personalized care. By opening up to them, you can get expert insight and tools to help you better manage your mental health. Our providers help everyday people who are experiencing:
- Difficulty coping with and regulating work or family-related stress
- Difficulty regulating emotions like anger or grief
- Feelings of sadness or hopelessness for an extended period of time
- Issues and crossed boundaries in their marriage or relationship
- Anxiety or disruptive, racing thoughts that upset their daily life
Everyone will experience turmoil in life, but learning to better manage the ups and downs can improve your emotional wellbeing. And if you aren’t experiencing any of the issues listed above, don’t worry. Talking with your provider will give them the feedback they need to address your concerns.
Consider the Benefits of Online Psychiatry
Some of our clients find a lot of benefit from our online psychiatry services. With virtual sessions at Thriveworks in Chicago, IL (River West), it’s easier than ever to get the care you need to better manage and mitigate the symptoms of persistent mental health issues. Psychiatrists are a type of mental health professional and are set apart from other providers by being able to:
- Prescribe helpful medication to assist clients with their symptoms.
- Use their background as a medical doctor to treat more severe or persistent types of mental illness.
Psychiatrists are generally the best choice for those dealing with mood or behavioral disorders like ADHD or depression. When you see a psychiatrist online, you’ll be able to:
- Connect with your psychiatrist from home, your office, or anywhere that has reliable internet and a private space to chat
- Receive the same quality care that you would from an in-person session
- Still make time for your own needs if you’re watching the kids or elderly loved ones
- Get the mental health care you need, even if you suffer from mobility issues or chronic health conditions
- Rest assured, knowing that Thriveworks online services still follow the strictest guidelines from the APA and HIPAA
Additionally, many people find that talking to a psychiatrist virtually reduces their anxiety about talking with a mental health professional. We understand that seeking assistance from our psychiatry team might be difficult, but helping you to improve your mental health is our number one priority.
Schedule a Counseling or Psychiatry Session at Thriveworks in Chicago, IL (River West)
Call our office in Chicago, IL to get started on your journey towards emotional balance and wellbeing. Our team is ready to work with you, and our scheduling specialists are standing by to assist you. When you contact our office, our scheduling team can assist you with every step of the way from setting up your insurance to scheduling the perfect session time to suit your schedule. Plus, when you become a Thriveworks member, you’ll get instant access to exclusive benefits such as:
- Weekend and evening openings for busy schedules
- 23.5 hr cancellation policy
- Our Therapy Buddy app, designed to measure your personal progress as you advance through your treatment program
- 24/7 booking assistance from our scheduling specialists
- Our life coach Q/A chat, for those questions that can’t wait until your next session
If you’re ready to team up with a provider at Thriveworks and start prioritizing your mental health, give our office in Chicago, IL (River West) a call. There’s no need to face your challenges alone—reach out to one of our mental health professionals today.