Working on Your Mental Health: Counseling and Therapy in Franklin
Have you wondered, “Who can I trust in this situation?” “What should I reasonably expect?” “Do I have options?” or “What is the actual problem here?” If you have, you are not alone, and many people have reached out to a mental health professional as they navigate tough relational dynamics, professional advancement, and/or a personal challenge.
“The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
The coaches, therapists, and counselors in Franklin MA help people who are asking big questions about life and seeking deeper answers. We want our clients to receive the mental health care they need along with the kindness and compassion they deserve as they work on life’s big challenges.
If you are interested in exploring in-person counseling or online therapy, please reach out to us at (617) 360-7210. Our counselors want to help you with life’s obstacles so that you can thrive and live life to the fullest!
Why Work on Your Mental Health?
Whether you are facing relational tension, a personal obstacle, past trauma, or current emotional setbacks, every single person needs a place where they feel safe to talk honestly and openly about their life. For many people, mental health professionals provide that safe space where they can regain perspective, clarify their goals, and create a path forward.
The counselors, coaches, and therapists in our Franklin office provide such a space. During their time, many clients cultivate self-awareness, examining their strengths and weaknesses with courage and honesty. Our professionals want to empower our clients to receive the interventions they need to improve well-being, take advantage of strengths, and achieve their dreams.
How Does Counseling Work?
Therapy begins by setting aside a particular time each week or month with a skilled therapist or counselor to focus on emotions and mind. A therapeutic relationship may start by clarifying what you would like to achieve and naming the particular challenges you are facing. A therapist or counselor may inquire about your family, career, physical health, relationships, mental health, and/or spirituality depending on your own unique concerns and situation.
Our counselors will then formulate a unique treatment plan that aims to meet each individual’s needs and symptoms. Some examples of this may look like one of the following:
- If you have experienced a difficult mental health problem, abuse, or trauma: our therapists are focused upon health and recovery. With kindness and expertise, our counselors may seek out the problem’s root and empower their clients with healthy coping skills and interventions.
- If you want to achieve a professional or personal goal: our counselors and coaches may focus upon self-discovery. When people can identify their own weaknesses, strengths, and goals, they are often able to identify practical steps to take toward their goal. They may need to learn new interpersonal skills or kick a bad habit, but setting smaller goals allows them to achieve their bigger goals.
- If you are facing an addiction or other personal problem that is harmful: our counselors can help you take back your self-control. You may need to identify the hurt the addiction has caused, seek out accountability, and learn how to cope with life’s challenges.
What Kinds of Counseling Are Available?
There are many reasons to see a mental health therapist or counselor. Some people begin therapy not knowing their goal, but with time and the help of a caring professional, the challenges and the goals become clear.
Some of the reasons people have come to us for therapy in Franklin include:
- Life transitions
- Anxiety counseling
- Marriage tensions and infidelity
- Childhood trauma, abuse, or behavioral issues
- Eating disorders
- Domestic violence
- Obsessive-compulsive tendencies
- Psychiatric testing
- Panic disorder
- Life coaching
- Alcoholism, addiction, and drug dependency
- Career advancement
- Anger management
- Sexual identity issues
- Divorce recovery
Categorizing complex life challenges is difficult, and not all mental health difficulties fit into a label. Regardless of what you may be facing, our counselors in Franklin care and they want to help.
Why Choose Thriveworks Franklin, MA?
Oftentimes people tend to prioritize physical health over mental health. Stigmatization, fear or a sense that it is better to stick-it-out on your own may prevent some from taking the first step and reaching out to a therapist or counselor. If life is out of balance, a mental health professional could make a great deal of difference for you and your loved ones. Our therapists in Franklin have helped many people regain equilibrium and we hope to help you as well.
Our office wants to prioritize your well-being. Many first-time clients see their therapist within 24 hours of their first call. Weekend and evening appointments are available, and we work with many insurance providers. You can book and appointment online or call us at (617) 360-7210 to find a counselor who you feel comfortable with.
Are you ready to make a change with the support of a mental health professional? Call us to set up an appointment with a therapist in Franklin and get started on your journey toward wellbeing and positive transformations!